Chapter Six

PART OF THE EDITING.

"Justin," My mom called out as I entered the house. "I got groceries. Are you home?" When I didn't respond, I heard her set down the bags in the kitchen, and then her footsteps echoing throughout the hallway.

"Ju-" I looked up as she walked in. Confusion covering her face. Immediately noticing my mood, a frown was set on her face as she walked over to me. "Baby, what's wrong?"

I didn't answer. Wasn't it obvious? I lost the best damn thing that had ever happened to me. In the blink of an eye, because of one, messed up person. That goes to show how naive I am, and how manipulative she is.

"If this is about Selena," She paused and sighed, sitting up straighter in the couch. "It's going to be okay. She'll realize it was a mistake, sweetie. People do mess up."

"No it's not!" I growled as I felt the vein in my neck become more noticeable. "I was fucking stupid! She won't listen! If anyone knows her, it's me. And I know she won't! So please stop saying she will, please." My voice grew faint as my muscles relaxed and I stood up, standing in front of the Tv. "Please."

"Sweetie, you're not the only one who knows her." My mom said softly as I heard her get up from sitting on the couch I was previously on. "She's an understanding and sweet girl. You were lost, confused, and vulnerable without her, I know. I hated seeing you like that. But I know you thought she was never coming back, so you're first instinct was to go out and find the love she gave you. Find someone just like her, and when that girl came, you jumped to the opportunity."

I wanted to believe every word she said, honestly. She was right about me, but not Selena. She won't even look at me, and this morning proved that. You could see the hatred for me radiating off of her.

"It's not just that." I paused, wondering if I should actually tell her what I overheard earlier. Taking a deep breath, I turned around and looked at my mom who was leaned against the wall. "I overheard Jared say he's throwing a party for her. They plan on getting her drunk and using her, mom."

"Well, then you know what you need to do." She said flatly, but I knew all the emotion behind her statement. She wanted Selena safe, but what could she do? I knew what she meant. But, just like her, there was nothing I could do.

Selena POV.

Letting out a yawn, I sat up in bed and supported my weight on my elbows. I didn't even know what time it was, or when I fell asleep. Feeling something move in bed next to me, my eyes widened and I looked over to see Madison's sleeping figure next to me. Sighing in relief, I carefully made my way out of bed and grabbed my phone from the table Madison's dolls were currently at.

The clock said it was 6:50 in the morning, and I let out a yawn. Nothing like perfect timing. Quietly exiting the room, I went to my room and got ready. By the time I was done it was almost time for school.

Heading downstairs, I slung my bag over my shoulder with a sigh. "Hey mom." I said as I walked into the kitchen, sliding into one of the bar stools.

"Hey, sweetie." She said quietly, like she was in pain. Rubbing her back, she slowly walked over to the island counter and set her coffee down. "How are you?"

"Fine," I nodded and slid out of the bar stool, raising my eyebrows at her. "How are you?"

"Fine, sweetie. Thanks."

"Mom.." I trailed off, walking to the side of the counter she was on. "Do you need to go to the doctor? You look sick."

"I'm fine, promise." She nodded and picked

up her coffee mug, taking a drink from it. "Where's Madi?"

"Upstairs. Mom, seriously."

Before she could answer, her phone buzzed from across the room and her eyes got wide. She tried to go get it, but winced in pain, and I stepped in front of her before she could grab it. Raising my eyebrows at her, she muttered a curse word before sitting down in one of the stools.

Turning around, I picked up her phone and felt the color drain from my face.

What?

How's the baby this morning? Need me to pick up anything before I head over? -Brian.

"Mom.." I handed her the phone slowly. "Baby? What the hell?"

"Sweetie," She shook her head, not meeting my eyes. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how."

"What are you talking about?" I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm pregnant."