Chapter Twenty-One.

The Getaway• Chapter 21.

I woke up to a sound of something shattering. I would normally sprint out of bed to see what was wrong, but I didn't have it in me today. Hunter and her dance crew worked me all night just to see what I had. Groggily, I pulled my phone out from under my pillow and noticed that it was only seven in the morning.

I groaned and threw the covers off of me, making me instantly feel cold. Since I didn't have my room fully done yet, I just slept on a mattress. I rolled off my bed and stood up so I could see what happened.

"What's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my eyes while walking into the kitchen. I saw my mom on the floor sweeping something up.

"Sorry to wake you." She apologized while standing up. "And I just dropped a plate, no big deal." I shrugged and went around her so I could get to the fridge. Once I opened it, I realized that we hadn't gone shopping yet.

"Mom." I sighed with my eyes closed. "We need food."

"Yes I know, I realized that after I broke the plate I was going to use." I let out a little laugh at her fail. Deciding that I probably wouldn't get back to sleep, I walked upstairs and went straight to the bathroom so I could take a shower. We've decided that the downstairs one would be my moms, and this bathroom would be mine.

Once I got out, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to my room. After picking out a pair of zebra print shorts and a tank top, I got dressed.

Hunter wanted me to come by later so she could teach me some dance moves. I would go now, but they're all in school and I obviously can't just show up there asking for dance lessons. That would be weird. After I got done doing my makeup, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

"I'm getting something to eat, be back later to finish unpacking!" I called to my mom as I shut the door. Remembering that Justin called me yesterday, I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number. He didn't answer. I sighed and thought that it was just silly timezones. He was probably busy or sleeping. I just hoped that he wasn't mad at me.

The walk to the small cafe I saw on my walk yesterday surprisingly didn't take half as long as I thought it would. In nearly fifteen minutes, I was already next in line.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The guy at the counter asked, eyeing me. Making me feel extremely uncomfortable. Wrapping my arms around my chest, I answered.

"Yeah, can I have four cinnamon rolls and two coffees?" I answered, digging in my bag for the money I had brought.

"I see someone's hungry." He laughed.

"I guess so." I replied handing him the total amount of money. "No, uh, they're actually for my mom and I. We kinda have no food." I said.

"Well have a nice day." He smiled and handed me my bag.

"You too." I said as I walked out of the cafe. This just made me realize that I really needed a car, soon.

***

"Mom, I'm home!" I didn't here an answer so I just walked into the kitchen and set everything on the table. Grabbing her stuff, I headed back to her room. I saw her pinning her bangs back.

"I brought you food." I told her as I walked in.

"Okay, just set it on my dresser." She instructed, pointing to the other side of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"I have a doctors appointment. I scheduled one Thursday before we left."

"Oh, for what?"

"They said it has something to do with the baby, I guess it's not healthy or something." She sighed while taking a drink of her coffee. I nodded and told her that I would probably be out again tonight.

But for now I really needed to finish my room.