Chapter Seven

PART OF THE EDITING.

Justin's POV.

"This isn't my problem, Justin." Brooke said, clearly calm but frustrated at the same time. "You should be smart enough to know that. But you're obviously not, and for that, I'm sorry. You're gonna have to fix this on your own."

I was getting frustrated, angry even. I had invited Brooke over to knock some sense into her, and get her help with this. It is her fault, after all. But all she was giving me so far is bull shit. I kept clenching and unclenching my fists, glaring at her.

"No your problem?" I let out a humorless and emotionless laugh as she stared straight back at me. "Who was the one that showed up at my door telling me my girlfriend was dead. Who sat there for hours giving me false information about what 'the press said'? In the end this is your problem, and you're a heartless bitch to think otherwise. And don't think for a second that I won't make your life a living hell if you don't fix this."

"Don't be stupid, I know you won't. But that still doesn't give you the right to put this all on me, when you didn't have to believe me. You could've kept searching, but you didn't and instead, stayed with me." She explained what I already knew. "Even if I did agree to help you, what could I do? Go up to Selena and say, 'I told Justin you were dead, my bad. All my fault, go marry him and shit'? No, I couldn't. She'd laugh in my face. I'm sorry, I have to go."

Brooke said, standing up and going to the door. She opened it halfway, stopping to look back at me.

"Please." I whispered, not looking up at her.

"Sorry," She said one last time before shutting my door, never to be seen by me again.

I rested my head in my hands and groaned. All I wanted to do was cry, but couldn't. Surprisingly, the girl that took my whole world away, was right. And I was wrong. I closed my eyes and sighed.

There was really only one thing that I could do now.

--

"What do you want?" Alex glared at me, gripping her coffee cup so hard her knuckles were turning white. She glanced at her phone before setting it down and I shifted in my seat.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"Selena." I said slowly, wasn't it obvious? Honestly, she was my whole world. I don't even know what got into me when I decided to believe Brooke. Maybe it was a sign showing that Selena and I weren't meant to be. I shook away the thought, not wanting to believe it.

"Don't you see," She started, still glaring at me. I kept my eyes on her as she sat forward, folding her hands on the table. "You've done enough, damn it. If she wanted you back, she would've done something about it earlier. But, she didn't. And you wanna know why? Because she has Jared, someone who can treat her right and not go sleep around with some slut who can't keep her legs closed. So, just stop, she's not going to take you back. And if you thought for a second that pouring your heart out to me would fix this, you are dead wrong." Alex practically fumed as she gathered her things, standing up.

"Jared doesn't want Selena like that!" I yelled. I clenched my fist and pushed the table forward as I stood up. "He just wants her for fucking sex. And if you think that's how she should be treated, you are dead wrong!"

"Don't let your jealousy get the best of you." She turned around and smirked at me. I watched as she left, my fists clenched. Some best friend she is.

Selenas POV.

I finished curling my hair, holding the last piece in my hands as I reached for my can of hair spray. I pulled all of my hair to the back of my head and sprayed a small layer of hair spray on the curls, feeling satisfied as they stayed in place.

I applied some mascara and eyeliner, skipping everything else. Sure, it was my party, but I don't even wanna go. I would much rather stay home with Alex and stare at hot guys, but unfortunately she's the one forcing me to this thing. I don't see why, considering she doesn't even like parties, or Jared. But, that's the thing. She's been acting weird lately, so I didn't even decide to question it. Maybe it's just female hormones?

I had decided on a short, sparkly gray dress that hugged my figure perfectly. It wasn't too short nor too revealing. It was perfect for tonight, honestly. I slipped on my gray heels, immediately feeling a few inches taller.

I applied a quick layer of lip gloss and sprayed myself with perfume before grabbing me phone. Slowly making my way downstairs, careful not to fall, I was greeted by Alex and my mom. The fact that my mom is even letting me go to this scared me.

"You look amazing, baby girl." My mom said as she lightly pulled me into a huh. I smiled and mumbled a small thank you before pulling away.

"Lets go, shall we?" Alex winked while linking arms with me. I nervously nodded as we made our way to the car.

"Have fun!" My mom shouted, crossing her arms while watching us from the porch.

I don't plan on it, but I'll try, mom.