Chapter Eighteen.

The Getaway• Chapter 18.

You know how people say it's never good to go to bed in a bad mood? Well, this situation is very similar. I'm just picking up and leaving when over half the school wants to chop my head off right now. I should go and fix it, but I'm afraid I'd be leaving with a deformed body.

I mean, there's also too many problems to fix. I have Alex, who thinks our friendship never meant anything to me when in reality she was the third person who got to see me when I came back. The third, she should feel privileged. Then I have Darian, who I don't even know. She's probably just taking Alex's side because like me, she wants to keep her head. I also have Jared who probably thinks he was just a cheap one night stand. When he should know that we didn't do anything and could get over it easily.

Then the worst of all - Justin. I love him with everything I possibly could love him with, if that makes sense. And I'm just leaving him. This is not easy.

I mentally slapped myself as I put the last of the suitcases in the car. Once I heard a car pull up behind me, I instantly grew nervous. There's so many options of who this person could be right now. Like a daytime kidnapper or-

"Hey." Oh god. I knew this would come. Okay, no I didn't but I was mentally preparing myself for it. Squeezing my eyes shut, I slowly shut the trunk and turned around, resting my hands on the back of the car behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked a little bit too quickly. He just laughed.

"What? Can I not say goodbye?" He said and moved to where we were now standing dangerously close. My mom better stay inside, or this was going to get awkward.

"Well.. I.. Yeah. Why wouldn't you be able to?" I mumbled as I looked anywhere other than his eyes.

"Well you just asked me what I was doing here. And what else would I be here for?" He asked with a laugh. I don't know why, but I was hoping he'd be here for more.

"To ask if you could come with." I joked and moved around him. We probably looked weird just standing there in the drive way, so I decided to walk and talk. Hopefully he followed so I didn't look like an idiot.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked now walking beside me.

"I don't know, I just thought that maybe.."

"I didn't want you to go?" He said bumping shoulders with me. I rolled my eyes and started walking slower.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Of course I don't want you to go." He suddenly stopped. That's when I felt like exploding. "It's just that I can't stop you. I mean, I wouldn't blame you after all the shit that I've done to you." He said and pulled me into a hug. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist so that I could press my head up against his chest.

"Well at least I moved on from the stage where I wanted to shoot you." I felt a pang of guilt hit me as his chest vibrated as he laughed. God I was going to miss this.

I removed myself from his arms and began walking back. But I felt more satisfied as he laced our fingers together while we walked together.

I just wish I could have this again.

***

"Alright, ready to go?" My mom asked as I walked out the front door to say goodbye to Justin one last time.

"Okay just get in the car and ill double check the house." I have her a nod and watched as she shut the door behind her. I sighed and walked up to Justin who was leaning against his car texting someone.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." I said and dropped my arms to my side.

"I guess so." He sighed and pulled me into another hug. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you to." I said. My voice muffled by his shirt.

He pulled back and I gave him a small smile. It was hard watching him just walk away like that. I was secretly wishing he would beg me to stay, but he did have a point in what he said. I just wish there was something I could do. Other than stand here and feel like I'm dying as everything goes to waste.

"Justin!" I said as he was about to get in his car. He rose his eyebrows as I ran up to him and immediately placed my lips on his. I felt relieved as he wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer.

And this is definitely the number one thing that I'm going to miss.