Chapter Fourteen

*A/N

okay. hate me, im ready._.

I suck for waiting like five centuries just to update lololol.

On the bright side, I WENT TO SEE 1D LAST NIGHT AND OMG SOMEONE THREW A PIECE OF GUM ON HARRY AND THEN THEY WERE ACTING LIKE ANIMALS AND STUFF JUST JDJDBDNDJSJSJ I MELTED OK GOODBYE.

HERE'S CHAPTER FOURTEEN YOU FISHIES.*

The Getaway• Chapter 14

If I were to make a list of the most excruciatingly, sorrowful moments of my life; it'd be now. The cold draft in the room seems to be colder than usual, moving quite faster for my liking. I probably look like I came from a jungle of pubic hair, and probably smell.

There's just a downside to everything, isn't there?

I groaned and got off the back crushing couch. This studio really needs to upgrade, that bench, not my thing.

I rose my eyebrows as a girl grabbed my wrist and started dragging me down the long corridors.

"Where are we going?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable. Scary movie scene time.

"The interview, of course!" She chirped while a grin plastered on her face.

"Oh." Was all I could say before we stopped. I looked around the curtains and saw probably the biggest crowd, yet. I gulped and fumbled with my fingers. On stage there was a white, plush chair slanted diagonally towards the plush couch. A table centering them.

This interview might just get interesting.

"You'll be sitting on the couch. Just remember to go out there when she says something like, 'and here's Selena Gomez' or some sort."

"Wait! Uh, what exactly do I do when I get on stage, like when I'm walking out?" I asked. You know those moments when you feel completely annoying, because you know nothing? Yeah, this is one of those times.

"Just push the curtains aside and walk out with a smile on your face and wave to the crowd, simple. Just remember to keep your eyes on them until you get to the couch. Wouldn't wanna embarrass yourself." The lady chuckled. I bit my lip and gave her a small nod.

Wouldn't wanna embarrass yourself? Who says that. Especially for a first timer. It's just like telling someone to break a leg, and actually wanting them to break it. Oh what am I saying? I was gonna embarrass myself anyway!

***

"So Selena," the interviewer started. I rose my eyebrows as she creased down her skirt and flicked her hair behind her head. "Have you ever been on an interview before?"

"Unless the Doctors office counts, then I'd have to say no." I replied with a sly smile.

"Oh I bet," she chuckled. "Anyway, if you don't mind, I'm gonna ask you a few questions. If I get too personal or if you feel like I'm offending you, just say so." I nodded.

"I'm gonna start off by asking, how exactly did you get lost?" She asked leaning back in her seat, studying my every movement. I felt my body tense under me as I found the words to say.

"Well uh, some friends and I decided to take a vacation, and I guess I wasn't really into it, because I wanted some alone time, you know? So anyway, while we were all sitting around a campfire, I decided to take a walk in the woods. I probably should've been smart and brought something with, but yeah. Couldn't find my way back, so my life went on from there for those four months." I answered.

"Uh huh, so what was it like when you came home?" It's funny how I knew what she was trying to get out of this.

"Same thing any normal family would do. There was lots of crying and hugging."

"Nothing else? You didn't go visit anyone?.. Nothing?"

"Nothing," okay so I knew I was lying, but I'm pretty sure the whole world didn't wanna hear my sappy story. "After I went home and caught up, I went to my friends house and my life went on as usual from then on."

"What about your boyfriend? I bet you were more than pumped to go visit him." She chirped with an amused expression on her face.

"Right, him.." I trailed off. I looked down and began fumbling with my fingers. I guess it had to come out sometime. Everyone was wanting answers, but truth be told, I don't know the answer myself. "Everyone moves on. But sometimes the other person finds out the hard way. So I guess it's a lose-lose situation?"

"Oh. So what do you plan on doing with your life now?" She asked.

"Forgetting everyone and everything, and moving to London."