Chapter Twenty-Four.

The Getaway• Chapter 24.

Fuck.

She won't pick up, which is exactly what I was afraid of. She'd leave, forget about me and fuck around with another guy.

I sighed and tugged at my hair, sitting at the edge of my bed. I was overreacting. But she still forgot about me. Fuck. It's only been two weeks.

"Justin?" I stood up as my mom slowly opened the door and stuck her head in. I met her gaze and walked to the door so I could open it more.

"What?" I didn't mean to snap at her, it's just frustrating right now. "Sorry, what?" Correcting myself, she smiles.

"One of your friends is here." She informs me.

I nod and walk to the door as my mom disappears into her room.

When I got to the door, I was definitely shocked at who I saw. "Alex?" I asked, rubbing my temples making sure I'm seeing correctly. Why the hell would she be here? I don't even like her.

"Hi," she attempts a smile. "Can we talk?"

"About?" I ask slowly. Stepping out onto the porch, I shut the door behind me and take a seat on a chair. Alex following me.

She's hesitant before answering. "About Selena.."

"I don't wanna hear it." I snap. "She doesn't like you anyway, I can see why."

"Why's that?" She pushed, a little hurt and anger evident in her voice.

"You've never came here before until she left. What the fuck did you think?" I said, standing up and walking to the stairs of the porch.

"If you're implying that I'm a slut, I'm sorry I just wanted to talk. Seriously." Alex defends and gets up to stand next to me. I take a few steps back.

I didn't answer and just waited for her to continue. "I know that Selena is gone, and that you still have feelings for her." She sighed. "But I always saw you staring at me."

"You're fucking crazy." I groaned, not wanting to continue this conversation. Alex is the last person I'd ever want to have something like that with.

"Just listen," she begs, squeezing her eyes shut and gripping the rails. "I know you nor Selena are very fond of me.. right now, but I got into a little fight earlier."

"Where are you going with this?"

"What I'm getting at is that, it led to relationships and basically I might have said you were my uh boyfriend." Her eyes meet my raging ones and she bites her lip. I try to comprehend what she said before replying.

"Now you're just extra fucking crazy." I say and walk back up the stairs. I'm about to open the door when she speaks again.

"Please, I just need you to pretend for one night. You meet them, then leave." She pleads, following me up the steps. "You don't even have to talk to me ever again after this."

I sigh. "Whatever."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you!" She squeals and wraps her arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

For some reason, I didn't think this was just for that reasoning.

~~Selena~~

"Selena, you made it." Rich smiled and dropped his script so he could come and greet me.

I smiled. "Yeah, it's me." I lightly chuckled, scanning the area. The setting for the play was very beautiful. It almost looked realistic.

"Okay." He sighed and bit his lower lip, his eyes not leaving mine. "Ms. Monroe has your script, you can go and get it from her and we can get practicing."

I nodded and started walking towards the direction that he pointed to. "Uh, Ms. Monroe." I asked, waiting for the blonde haired woman to turn around.

"Oh, Selena." She said standing up and greeting me in a hug. Adjusting her glasses afterwards. "I'm so glad you could do the part. I almost thought I'd have to cancel the biggest play of the year!" She laughs.

Biggest play of the year.

"I'm glad I did," I smile. "That would've been bad if you had to."

"Anyway, Rich said you had my script?" I inform.

"Oh yes." She said grabbing a blue booklet off of her desk. "All your lines are highlighted. You and Rich can begin practicing on page one."

Once she's finished telling me, I quickly walk back over to where Rich was standing with a group of friends. That woman scared me.

Thank god I'd only being doing this every Wednesday and Friday.