Chapter Twenty-Two.

The Getaway• Chapter 22.

"He's definitely a ten." I said pointing at the the screen and shoving a piece of popcorn in my mouth. Leaning over Hunter, I clicked on the full size picture.

"Ew, Rich Calloway is definitely not!" She said laughing at me, but at the same time had an 'are you kidding me' look on her face.

For the past hour, Hunter and I had been staring at cute guys that go to her school. Soon to be mine starting tomorrow. Basically, she was showing me pictures from their online yearbook of who I should be friends with, and the people who I should flip the bird every time I saw them. But I was definitely not going to do that; considering I'm not the quick one to judge.

And aside from who I should be friends with, she was also pointing out the players, the what she called 'fuckable' ones, and so on. So far, I've only had eyes for two people; Rich Calloway and Brendan Matthews.

"Why, what's wrong with him?" I said sitting up and crossing my arms over my chest, giving her a stern look.

She just laughed and made her head fall face first into my mattress. "C'mon, his name just gives it away." She cannot be laughing at me still.

"Ugh, you're ridiculous." I groaned and got off the bed so I could grab my phone off my computer desk.

"Seriously," I said flopping back on the bed, to where I was on my stomach. "What's so wrong with him that makes him not like able?"

"For starters, he may be cute, but he's a total loser! He practically screams geek."

"Does not!" I defended and slapped her arm.

"Whatever," she began laughing again. "You might as well just put yourself in his group."

"So what do you think about Cole?" She asked, shoving a piece of popcorn in her mouth and shutting the laptop.

"Cole? As in the dancer Cole?" I asked, sitting up with her. I rose my eyebrows as she nodded.

"No! God, he may be nice and all, but I don't even know if I'm considering him a friend yet! Have you seen his eyebrow piercing? It's huge!"

"Hey! If you haven't noticed, we all have piercings! And you will too, soon." She muttered and grabbed her things.

"Will not."

"Will too," she smirked and put her bag around her shoulder. "I'll pick you up tomorrow. Don't get too dolled up for geek charming." And with that remark, I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at her.

***

"Ah there's the geek princess." Cole said as soon as I got out of Hunters moms car. After I thanked her, and she drove away, I glared at him before swatting his arm.

"Seriously?" I turned to Hunter who had a sly grin on her face.

"I hate you." I mumbled as I walked in between the two as we made our way to the front of the building. The people definitely looked different from what I learned from Hunter.

"Yeah, but I'm your only friend." She said and slung an arm over my shoulder.

"I still have Cole over here."

"I thought you said his piercing was too big?" She questioned. I could tell where she was going with this.

"Hey!" He said and stepped away from me. This caused me and Hunter, both to start laughing.

That's when it got silent and I felt Cole tap on my shoulder with a smirk on his face. He slowly pointed at a group of people not too far from us. "You see them?" He whispered in my ear.

"You wouldn't." I said glaring at him as he slowly started walking over to him. I heard Hunter laugh from beside me.

"Oh but I would, geek princess." By now he was in hearing distance of them.

I slowly turned to Hunter. "Can we please run?" I asked.

By the way she grabbed my arm and starting pulling me through another section of the building, I took that as a yes.

***

After the incident this morning, I've been on look out for Rich. I couldn't even imagine the possibilities if I were to come across him. I mean, it's my first day and I already like him. Please tell me you'd react the same way. But for him being a 'geek' and all, he should feel delighted, or at least grateful, right? It's not everyday that you find out you're someone's crush.

Also, with the fact that Hunter and Cole keep coming up with these teasing lies about him, doesn't help. At all. Especially when I keep getting this gut wrenching feeling every time I head to a new class in fear that he might be in one of them.

But now that it was finally last period and he hasn't been in any of my classes yet besides lunch, released a lot of worry off of my shoulders. I smiled to myself as I took a random seat.

"Sorry I'm late." My smile soon disappeared into thin air as I looked up by the sound of his angelic voice. It really was music to my ears, being the first time I've heard it. There he stood with his hands wrapped around his backpack straps, deranged in a conversation with the teacher.

I soon realized that I had been caught staring, when he made his way down my aisle and smiled at me.

And what's worse; the gut feeling grew rapidly as he slid into the seat behind me.

(Double update! I decided that since I didn't have Internet, that I'd catch up on some things that I don't have a lot of time do to. Like my art, and of course writing. I'm going to try and update like once a week or something. It really depends on how much work, or running or anything that I have to do. But since its Friday tomorrow *yay!* I will be writing and updating.)