I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 26]

First of all, before I start the chapter, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for taking longer to update than normal, but I'd gotten grounded and after I got ungrounded, I've been busy with friends and arranging what I'm gonna do for Christmas. At least I was able to get my dad to make the grounding only a week... It was originally a month. Heh...

Anyways, enough with my senseless rambling, here's the next chapter :)

-------

I woke up the next day, half on the bed, half on Zephyr. Zephyr was half off of the bed. Yeah, tiny matresses... Gotta love 'em.

I was about to push Zephyr completely off of the bed, but then I decided against it. I'm not gonna be a bitch today... At least not that bad of one.

So, instead of following through with my mean plan, I just rolled over him and on to the floor. He's a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up when I did that. I turned around and looked at him. He looked so peaceful when he sleeps, opposed to his normal bad-ass look. I turned back around to face the jail-bars of our cell when I heard footsteps approaching.

One of the workers came and stood in front of me.

"It's time for breakfast," he grunted. Then he pulled a rusty key off of the hook that had many keys on it and unlocked our jail-cell.

"We'll be down in a minute," I told him.

He gave me a mean look. "Take your time. I'll be right here."

I walked back to the bed and woke up Zephyr. "It's time for breakfast."

"Alright," he replied sleepily, while streatching and yawning.

The jail guy told us to walk in front of him. We could have gotten away so fast and easily, but we didn't feel like it at the moment. I think we both came to a silent agreement that another day or two in this crappy place wouldn't be that bad.

We went through the lunch line of the cafeteria and got some casarol-looking mush slopped on to our plates. Yum...

Heh. No.

"They expect us to eat this," I said, as we sat down at a table that was remote compared to the others.

"Uh, yeah. I guess."

"How about a hamburger?" I suggested, an idea forming in my head. Yes, my powers -hopefully- enable me to morph food. Yeah, I guess that's what you could say.

"Er, I don't think that's a good idea," he told me.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"It could turn into a dog or something like that."

I chuckled. "Wouldn't that be something interesting."

He chuckled too. "It can't be that bad," and then he took a bite of the slop in front of him. I could've sworn that his face turned a light shade of green and that he gagged a bit. "Yum," he choked out.

"Yeah, right. So, how about that hamburger?"

"Alright, but don't let anyone else see..."

"See what?" a new voice interrupted. It was the guy who questioned us yesterday.

"Uh," Zephyr said.

"Our secret handshake."

The guy looked unamused. "Right. Well, I'm not gonna tell anyone. Show me it," he said, a smug look on his face.

I looked over at Zephyr. He had a stupid look on his face.

Thanks for the help, bud. I swear, sometimes he's the smartest guy I know, but others, he's the dumbest.