I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 23]

It was quite thrilling, really. Even though I've been chased by the Council before, it just wasn't as thrilling as it is now. I don't even know why we're running from them, anyways. I have more power than all of the Council combined and I'd be able to easily stop them, but Zephyr insisted that we leave anyways. "You don't know how to control the power you have yet," Zephyr had told me.

Psh. So what?

He didn't really like that reply to what he'd said, and now he's taking me to some ancient library to read about this "amazing phenomenon" as Zephyr had put it.

So, here I am, sitting in a musty-smelling library reading about Alexander Trinity. Supposedly this is a book that he had composed himself, which I believe. The book looks like it's about to fall apart and everytime I turn the page, dust stirs up from the book. The pages are yellowish and extremely brittle and the text is written in very old English.

It didn't take me that long to read it, probably a half an hour.

The book was about how Alexander and his friend had discovered the pond and how they had heard legends about it, but they didn't believe any of that stuff until all the events they heard in the legends became real. They had both taken turns being by the pond, and the three dragons only appeared when Alexander was near the pond.

They had also learned new things from even older legends that their parents had told them. They figured out that you can control people with your mind, read other peoples' thoughts, move things with your eyes, and so much more that he didn't list in his book.

The end of the book was written by his friend, Marick Wright. He talks about how he had killed his best friend when he had gone insane. He knew when Alexander was gonna go crazy because Alexander had told Marick how he was going to try to destroy the universe.

Marick said that it had pained him to kill his friend, but he knew that the fate of the universe was kind of in his hands.

"Well, I read about it," I told Zephyr.

"Great," he said, coming out of no where, holding a stack of very thick books that stacked up well past his head. "Now, read these." He plopped the books down on the table, and I groaned.

"Can't I just read the summary?" I asked him.

"They didn't write summaries back then."

"I doubt that," I replied.

"Just read the books."

"You suck," I told him.

"You swallow," he retorted. "Now, start reading."

I started with the thickest book and made my way down to the thinnest. We were there for probably three hours while I read five books that were each at least 1,000 pages thick. All of them being in the condition of the first one that I read. One of the books actually fell apart when I picked it up, so I threw it away when Zephyr wasn't looking, but of course he had noticed.

He gave me a disapproving shake of the head.

"What was I supposed to do? It practically turned to dust! I don't know about you, but I can't read dust, no matter how powerful I am."

Okay, I probably could if I really wanted to, but I didn't want to.

After I finished reading them, I had a slight headache.

"Let's leave. Please."

"Alright," he told me, getting up and putting away the books.

"I really hate you for making me read all of that," I complained to him as we walked back to the car. We had found a hotel to stay at that wasn't really the best, but it'll do.

"I can make you like me again. Just give me an hour or two," he told me, winking.

I laughed without humor. "I'm sure you could. But are you? Nope."

"Give me the opportunity," he told me, suddenly closer to me. "I want you, Jenny," he whispered huskily.

I shuddered and pulled away from him. "I know you do, but not tonight. After all of this is over, then maybe. Notice how I said maybe."

"Mhmm, I noticed."

The rest of the ride back was pretty quiet. When we got back, I decided that I wanted to test out my powers. I did this after Zephyr went to bed, because I knew he wouldn't let me do it at all.

I set a book on the table and concentrated on moving it with my eyes.

Instead of it moving a couple inches across the table like I'd hoped, it flew across the room and into the wall, making a loud crashing noise. Even if our hotel rooms would've been separeted, Zephyr still would've heard it. I wouldn't be shocked if people in the hotel a couple blocks away heard it.

He woke up and flew out of bed fast, still in his boxers. It was kinda funny and sexy all at the same time. His hair was all messy and his eyes were wide and alert.

"Calm down, sleepy," I told him.

"Oh, it was just you. What were you doing?"

I knew that I had a guilty look on my face.

"You were testing out your powers, weren't you?"

"Well..."

"Did it go according to plan?"

"Kinda. The book moved like I wanted it to."

"Uh huh, but did you want it to go flying into the wall and have it create a crack?"

I looked over at the wall and saw a huge split running up and down the length of the wall. That's just marvelous.

"Of course I wanted it to do that," I told him.

"Yeah, okay. Go to bed."

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered. I stripped down to my tanktop and threw on a pair of shorts. Then I jumped into the bed and laid my head down on the fluffy pillow.

"Goodnight, Jenny."

"Night, Zephyr."

I fell asleep almost immediatey after that. Even though the hotel was kinda shitty, the beds were extremely comfortable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

A weird way to end the chapter. Lol.

Hope you guys liked it!

Until next chapter, comment, vote, fan? :)