I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 16]

We hadn't done much after we settled down into the appartment. Most of the time we just sat around the coffee table with the TV on. We didn't watch the TV though -it was mainly on for background noise. We talked about what our next moves will be and how long we'll be away from the school.

He had decided on six months away. Which means six months is all that I really have until I have to make my decision of turning into a vampire or letting the Council slaughter me. I still didn't know which one I preferred, to be honest. Zephyr had also decided that we won't be staying in Canada for any longer than a month.

I didn't really like the idea of that. I don't wanna have to move constantly. What can I say? I'm a lazy person.

* * * * *

Two weeks later...

I was on the couch eating some potato chips and watching TV with Zephyr.

He stood up and streatched, then looked down at me. "I'm gonna go get our food for next week. I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Have fun," I told him.

He laughed without humor and walked out the front door after grabbing his wallet and the keys to the car.

Now Zephyr was gone and I was alone. I have to admit, I don't like it when he leaves, but I don't protest. The main thing I don't like is the fact that he always leaves when it's dark outside. So, it's kinda creepy being here by myself, but not creepy enough to where I'm going to complain to Zephyr about it.

I got up to put the potato chips away and came back and laid down on the couch, using the armrest as a pillow. I watched a little TV and dozed off a couple times.

I didn't know why, but out of the blue, I got the feeling that I was being watched. It wouldn't be hard for that to actually happen, though, because of the huge bay window that is set behind the couch that I'm laying on.

I had the urge to look out the window and check, but at the same time, I didn't want to. I was too scared.

Suck it up,

I thought to myself.

I took a deep breath and propped myself up on my elbows and looked out the window.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw nothing, but then again, I didn't know if I saw nothing or not. It's so dark out and hard to tell.

I was about to lay back down, when a pair of bright, red eyes appeared out of no where. I gasped and fell back off of the couch. I looked back at the window, and the eyes were gone. I freaked out and ran to Zephyr's room.

I went straight to the spot where he keeps his hand gun. I aimed the gun as I was walking out around the corner of the doorway.

Did I mention that this gun was special and made to kill vampires with one shot?

I scoped the appartment out and didn't find any intruders so far. I was checking the bathroom, when I heard the front door open and then close eerily. It was only eerie because of the fact that I just saw bright red eyes outside my window and because the door was creaky.

I peeked around the corner, still aiming my gun.

There Zephyr was, standing infront of the door with four bags of food in his hands and a look of shock on his face when he saw me aiming the gun at him.

Realizing what was going on, and knowing that I would be safe now, I lowered the gun and set it down on the counter with a sheepish smile.

"Jenny," Zephyr said seriously as he set down the grocery bags onto the table and walked over to me. "Why'd you have that gun out?"

"I was watching TV and I got the feeling that I was being watched, so I looked out the window and saw a pair of bright, red eyes staring back at me. I freaked out and ran to your room to get the gun." I burst into tears and fell into Zephyr's arms. "They're here, Zephyr," I sobbed. "They know where we're at!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, that was chapter 16!

I hope you guys liked it! And I'm sorry that it's pathetically short, I thought it might be a little longer because it took four pages of notebook paper to write all of that down, but I guess it is still the same length. I wrote it in school, so that's the main reason why. I tried to add more things as I typed the chapter in hopes that it'd be longer...

Anyways, let me know what you thought! And please vote! I'm so close to my goal of 100 votes and not too far away of my goal for 50 fans.

So, until next week, vote, comment, and fan? Please? :)