I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 8]

When the movie was over, we went to go get lunch, except we decided to go off campus and out to eat at a restaurant instead of the cafeteria.

We had gone to the mall. Nothing too fancy. We had decided to go to a small restaurant that was towards the back of the mall.

"Wanna go shopping after this?" I suggested.

They all groaned and I laughed.

"C’mon, it can’t be that bad." I said.

"Alright, alright," Zane said.

We finished up our food and then shopped around the mall. I had gotten some more clothes and some new shoes.

When we got back, it was late and we had missed dinner, but we didn’t really care. The cafeteria is always open.

A voice had sounded over the intercom.

"Hello, students. I just wanted to let you guys know, that there will be a school dance next Friday. That’s all."

"How weird," I said to the guys. "Why would the principal announce that at like ten at night? Aren’t some people sleeping?"

"Not really," Zephyr replied.

I yawned. "Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m tired and going to bed. Do whatever you want, just don’t wake me up," I said.

I picked out some pajamas and changed in the bathroom. I was about to fall asleep, but I overheard them talking about something quite interesting.

They seemed to be debating about why I was here.

"Why would he allow her to come here?" Zephyr hissed at his friends. They were all talking very quietly, so I had to strain my ears to hear their conversation.

"I have no idea. Maybe the principal and one of her parents are friends with him?" Zeke suggested.

"Maybe," Zane agreed. "But it just doesn’t make sense. She’s a human, not a vampire, like us."

Vampire!? What? No. That can’t be real. I must be imagining this.

Startled, I let myself fall asleep.

Red eyes.

Red eyes were staring at me. They seemed to be everywhere I looked.

There was no escape from them. They held my gaze with their ruby-red eyes. I could feel the energy being drained from my body the longer I looked into them.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t look away. It was impossible.

I was getting weaker by the second, and eventually I couldn’t stand anymore. I collapsed to my knees as the red-eyed creature closed in on me.

I was the unfortunate prey to this predator.

I sat up fast, waking up from my dream. Well, more like nightmare.

"That was terrible," I muttered to myself.

I laid my head back down on my pillow and tried to fall asleep again, but I couldn’t.

Was I really the only human in this school? It didn’t seem possible.

I haven’t seen anyone with red eyes here, so I have no idea what that could’ve been in my dream. It’s quite creepy, that’s for sure.

"This will definitely be interesting. I wonder what’ll happen next." I fell asleep again shortly, not having anymore dreams about the red-eyed creatures.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

Okay... So all of those chapters were short, but I posted three, so it's fair xD