I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 2]

When I woke up the next day, I had some breakfast and took a shower. I dried and straightened my long, choppy-laired, dark brown hair. After that, I applied my eyeliner and mascara around my dull green-grey eyes.

I added a bow in my hair and then went to my room, saying a silent goodbye. I picked up my four bags of luggage and walked down the stairs.

My mom was there waiting for me. She helped me carry my luggage out to the car.

When we got to the airport, she said goodbye and then left. I hauled all four of my bags through checking.

The plane ride was super long. I just drew the stuff around me and slept for most of it, but for the other part of the time, I was talking to some of the other teenagers on the plane.

"I’m Martin," said a guy with blond hair and green eyes, sticking his hand out to me.

"Jenny," I told him, while shaking his hand.

"Cool. So, where you off to?"

"Maine."

"Why?"

"I got transferred to a school there."

"Oh. I’m just getting back to school from visiting my parents. Which school are you going to?"

"Knight High. It’s a boarding school."

His eyes widened with shock, then the shock disappeared as quickly as it came. I was questioning if I had actually seen that. "Really? Me too. Maybe we’ll be roommates. They have mixed gender dorms. There’s four people per room."

"Great," I said, trying so hard to keep the sarcasm out of my voice.

"Yeah. Well, I’m going to sleep now," he said and turned around in his seat to go to sleep.

I realized that I was pretty tired too, so I just went to bed.

I woke up to the pilot telling us to fasten our seatbelts.

I put my seatbelt on and waited patiently for the plane to land. When it did, I grabbed my luggage and got in the car that was waiting to take me to my new school.

It took probably an hour or two to get there from the airport.

When we did get there, I went to the office and got my schedule.

I was in room 777 on the seventh floor. How weird.

Anyways, the school was extremely huge. Like there were over 1,500 people attending this school and there were two huge buildings for all the students. No wonder why they have to put four to a room.

It was kinda awkward walking to my dorm, because I received confused looks from people the whole way there.

I was hoping that I was in the same dorm as Martin.

I shyly knocked on the door.

A guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes had answered the door.

"Our new roomie is here guys!" he shouted into the dorm.

I blushed like crazy.

"Well, don’t be shy, come right on in. Let me help you with your luggage," he said, while taking two of my bags and leading me into the dorm.

The room was humongous and there was a bed in every corner with a huge flat screen TV in the middle of the room along with a couple couches and a coffee table. Next to every bed was a desk and a night stand. There were also two closets for each of the longer walls. Along with all of that, there were two bathrooms. Each containing a toilet, sink, and a shower. This was amazing.

On one side of the room, a guy with dirty blond hair and blue eyes sat on a bed. Then the guy who had answered the door for me plopped down on the bed next to the guy with dirty blond hair.

"Your bed is right there," said the guy who answered the door for me, pointing towards a bed on the other side of the room. I turned around and on the bed that was next to mine, sat a guy with black hair and silver eyes. He didn’t seem too happy about the fact that I’m here, but I just ignored that and set my stuff down on my bed.

"Well," said the guy with blond hair. "I’m Zane."

"And I’m Zeke," said the brown haired guy.

"Zephyr," said the guy with black hair.

They all had the same hairstyle. It was the messy-in-a-good-way type of hair.

"Jenny," I said shyly.

"Well," Zeke said, suddenly behind me. He slung an arm over my shoulder. "You’re going to have fun this year. I can guarantee that.

"That’s good," I replied.

He had taken his arm off of my shoulder and I started unpacking all of my stuff. I hung up my clothes, put the stuff that needed to go in the bathroom in my cabinet, and put my laptop on my desk. It only took me about an hour and a half to do all of this.

The whole time Zephyr looked at me like he didn’t want me here.

I was kinda startled. What had I done to him?

"Hey, Zane?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied, flipping his blond hair out of his eyes.

"Why does it seem like Zephyr hates me?"

"Oh. Um, well, I don’t really know."

"Is it because I’m sharing half of the room with him?"

"No. It’s just really complicated," he replied unconvincingly.

"Alright," I said, letting the matter drop.

"Let’s go to lunch," Zeke said.

"Alright," Zane replied. "Come on Jenny and Zephyr."

I quietly followed them to the cafeteria. Shockingly, it wasn’t packed.

"Why is it so empty?" I asked Zeke.

"We always come to eat after everyone else. Only a couple other people do that too. We like the quietness. The cafeteria is open all the time."

"Sweet," I replied.

We got in line to get our food. Zephyr hasn’t said a single word to me since I arrived, other than telling me his name.

I got the chicken sandwich and they all got a piece of pizza.

After we finished eating, we went back to the dorm. It was only Saturday, which meant I had two days to get used to this. It didn’t seem too bad.

At least that was what my first impression was.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter two! I'm gonna post the next two chapters, then I'm gonna work on another story :)