I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 17]

He pried me off of him and picked up the gun from the counter. "I'll be right back," he told me, and then he walked out the front door.

I stood there, kinda confused for a couple minutes. I kinda had an idea of what he was going to do, but why would he do it? We'd be in worse trouble with the Council if he killed one of their spies or whatever the hell you wanna call them.

I was scared of what would happen to him, but I was going to think positive about this. Zephyr'll be fine. He'll walk through that door any minute now, just fine.

I sat down on the couch, waiting patiently. I seemed content on the outside, but on the inside, I was a nervous wreck that chews her nails.

It had been about ten minutes when I was about to pick up a book to read to keep my mind off of him and what's happening outside, when he walked through the door.

He was clearly exhausted and had a couple scratches here and there, but he was standing before me, alive.

"What'd you do?" I asked him.

"Killed the pursuer."

"Pursuer?" I asked, confused. "It wasn't a member of the Council? Just some stalker?"

"Well, he was a spy for the Council, but he won't be taking back any information, and before the Council figures out that he's gone, we'll be at a different location."

"How could you tell that he was a spy?" I asked him, completely ignoring all of the other information I just learned.

"By the tattoo that was on his forearm."

"What does it look like?" I wanted to know in case I ever got separated from Zephyr, I'd like to know who to stay away from.

"Like this," Zephyr told me, and then stuck his forearm right infront of my eyes.

It took my eyes a second to focus, and when they did, I let out a startled gasp and took a couple steps back. What the hell? Is he gonna kill me? Take me to the Council and leave me at their mercy?

"Y-you're one of them?" I stuttered.

"Yes," he confirmed. "But I don't plan on hurting you," he told me, closing the gap that was inbetween us. He held my face inbetween his hands gently and brought his lips down to mine, capturing them in a soft kiss.

'This is bad,' I thought. 'This is really bad. One of the people that I'm supposed to be running from is helping me run away from the Council and is currently kissing me in an appartment in the middle of Canada.'

That was kinda confusing, but oh well. It's not like people are reading my thoughts or anything crazy like that...

I pushed away from him. "How can I be sure that you won't just take me to them?" I asked him somewhat harshly.

"Because, I would have taken you to them already, and..." he trailed. I could tell that he was having a mental debate with himself on whether or not he should say the next thing on his mind.

"Just spit it out," I tell him.

"Because I love you."

I was honestly shocked. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, 'because I love you,' Jenny, I started liking you the second I saw you. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. And over the past few weeks, the feeling has intensified."

Did he seriously just confess his love for me? Or was I hallucinating?

"I don't know if I feel the same way, I mean you're one of them, Zephyr. Does Zane and Zeke know about this?"