I'm the Human in this Boarding School [Chap. 18]

Dedicated to vampireish394 for helping me with where they should head next, which you guys'll figure out momentarily :)

On with the story...

----------------

Hawaii.

Nice and warm. Not too rainy like it was in Paris. Ugh. That was horrible. We've been here for two days, and it's really pretty. I'm not gonna want to leave.

We have an ocean-side house that looks like a hut. The beach sand is so clean and a pretty shade of white. The water is crystal-clear and teeming with ocean-life. Brightly colored blue, green, and yellow fish swim near the shore, and Zephyr never fails to impress me by catching them with his bare hands and then setting them free.

"Can we have a campfire tonight?" I asked him while we were just laying on the beach. I know we shouldn't be this relaxed, but you can't help it when you're lying on the most beautiful beach that you've ever seen.

"It's supposed to rain tonight," he told me.

I groaned. "I thought it wasn't going to while we're here."

"Did you seriously think we wouldn't get any rain while we're in Hawaii, when our house is literally 20 feet from the ocean?"

"Well, I thought we'd get a little," I grumbled.

"Okay, then don't complain."

Sighing, I got up and walked out into the warm ocean water. I tied up my long, brown hair before I went into the water any deeper. I could feel Zephyr's eyes on my back as I treaded out into the water even further, up to my shoulders.

I turned around to face the beach. "You should come out here. The water's awesome," I shouted to him, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't need to.

"I'll be there in a sec," he told me.

I turned around and waited patiently for him, but only for a second, because I guess he literally meant it.

"It's so pretty," I told him, looking at the ocean floor. I saw a clam that was half-open and picked it up with my toes. I peered in through the open part and saw a tiny pearl forming. I smiled. That's really cool. I've never found a real pearl before.

I dropped it back into the water and watched it sink down to the bottom before turning to Zephyr. I wanted to talk to him about something important.

"Zephyr?" I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"I've made up my mind."

He seemed confused for a second, then it clicked in his brain.

He realized that I wanted to become a vampire.

"Are you sure?" he asked me seriously.

"Yeah," I told him. "But I don't know when. Not now, obviously."

"It'd have to be soon, because I've been able to figure out the Council's next moves, and they're going to be coming here, but I have no idea when. But I do know it'll be hard to evade them."

"So, basically, I need to become a vampire before they're here or I'm toast?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Why don't we just leave if you know they're gonna be coming here relatively soon?"

"Because I need to have a word with them, and I'd like to be able to train you to fight before they get here. I know they're going to take me away, and that I'll be able to live with, but with you, they're going to be taking you as well. You need to know how to be able to fight them."