Chapter 34

{Make sure you read the authors note}
~5 Years Later~
Kylie's P.O.V
"Mommy, mommy!" My son, Caleb, smiled while I walked into his kindergarten classroom to pick him up.
"Hey buddy." I smiled and bent down to hug him.
"We painted with out hands and we had music time!" He smiled.
"You did? Wow, did you have fun?"
"Yes." He smiled and hugged me again.
"Hello Ms. Braun, can I have a word with you?" Caleb's teacher asked.
"Go play a little, ok?" I told Caleb, he then left and played with some of the other kids that were waiting for their parents.
"Just Kylie is fine." I said while standing up. "So, what's up?" I asked.
"We strongly encourage both parents to attend and participate in parents day tomorrow, the staff doesn't want any child to be left out, it will be so good for Caleb if you and his father attend tomorrow."
"Um.. I'm not sure if we can attend.. Justin and I, we... We've never talked these past 5 years, Caleb has never met him." I said.
"That explains why he only draws you, grandpa, grandma, uncle and him whenever he draws his family." The teacher said. "So he doesn't have father figure what so ever?"
"He has a father... But he has never met him... We live in a huge house, just me and him."
"Are you and Justin angry at each or?"
"I don't know if he's angry at me, he hasn't ever tried contacting me."
"Well, please try and get Justin to make it to parents day, Caleb has been really excited."
"Excited? How?"
"Whenever we mention parents day this past week he would be saying stuff like 'yes my daddy is coming home!' or stuff like 'I'm finally seeing daddy.'... Caleb knows how he looks like."
"Caleb knows Justin, how he looks?"
"Yes, some of his classmates have been giving him pictures of Justin and asking him to take them home so he can sign them, I've been taking them away."
"I don't want Caleb to be disappointed tomorrow." I sighed while looking over to him. Should I finally talk to Justin after these few years? What if Justin doesn't want to even see me? I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize Caleb was calling me.
"Mommy, what's wrong?" Caleb asked.
"Nothing, I was just thinking." I sighed while smiling slightly.
"Well I think that's it, please try and make it to parents day, both of you." His teacher smiled.
"Got it, I'll try... It will be hard, but I'll try." I said. "Have a nice day." I smiled.
"You too, bye guys." She smiled. We shook hands and left.
"Where are we going now mommy?" Caleb asked as I put on his seat belt.
"We're going to Grandpas house." I answered.
"Yay!" Caleb smiled. I let out a chuckle and a smile. I then got in too and started to drive to dad's house. On the way there, I kept on thinking about how I will get Justin to go tomorrow.
~Dad's House~
"Dad? Are you home?" I called out as I walked into the house with Caleb. No one answered. "Where do you think they are?" I asked Caleb.
"In the kitchen? Mommy, lets try the kitchen... Grandma and Grandpa eat a lot... Like you and me." Caleb said.
"Ok." I chuckled. I took Caleb's tiny hand and lead him to the kitchen. "Anyone here? Is there any fo-"
"DADDY!" Caleb interrupted and let go of my hand and ran to him. Justin. I just froze there and stared at Justin. It's been 5 years. Justin had a confused look on his face and looked down at Caleb, he was hugging Justin's legs while Justin was in the middle of biting a sandwich.
"Hey sis." Jackson greeted while putting the top bread on his sandwich. I didn't answer, I panicked a little and walked out to the living room quickly. I didn't know what to do so I just sat down on the couch. What the hell do I do now? Should I go in and say hi? Or should I go in there and get Caleb? Why is Justin even here? Just then my thoughts got interrupted. Justin came in front of me and set Caleb on my lap, no words, he just put him on my lap and walked away.
"Daddy, don't go. Daddy!" Caleb called out as Justin walked towards the front door. "Daddy!" Caleb called out again, this time getting off my lap and running towards the door. "Daddy?" Caleb said quietly as Justin just walked out the door and closed the door. Caleb just stood there in the middle of the room, his little legs didn't weren't fast enough, so he didn't make it to the door. Caleb sat on the floor and cried to himself, it was soft sobs. My heart sank. I got up and went to Caleb.
"What's wrong?" I asked quietly as I picked him up and carried him back to the couch.
"Daddy... Daddy, left me." He cried. "I miss him."
"Shh... It will be ok." I said while hugging him and rubbing his back softly.
"But I want daddy... Mommy wants daddy too, right?"
"Mommy doesn't know what she wants. She might want daddy."
"Will daddy come home tonight?"
"Uh... I don't know, he has work."
"I want daddy... The kids at school have a daddy, they say I'm stupid because I don't have one and that makes me sad." Caleb frowned.
"The kids pick on you at school?" I asked.
"Yeah... They told me not to tell you or else I would be more stupid, I don't want to be stupid." Caleb said, he started crying a little more.
"Baby, you're not stupid... You're the smarted person in the world, ok? Don't listen to the other kids, they're just mean and their heart is ugly... Do you want an ugly heart?" I asked.
"No, I want a pretty heart." Caleb said worried that he might have an ugly heart.
"Good, you can't be mean to the kids who pick on you if you want a pretty heart."
"But they be mean to me, why can't I be mean to them?"
"Because you can't... You have to be nice to everyone, even if they're not nice back... One day they will see that they were wrong and they will say sorry." I said. "Until then you just put a smile on your face and just walk away. You don't have to fight, you're better than them, ok?" I asked.
"Ok mommy, I will be nice." Caleb agreed and hugged me.
"Aww, that was a cute talk." Jackson said.
"Hey, why was he here?" I asked.
"He was looking after me since you were gone." Jackson answered. "Dad asked him to."
"That was so awkward."
"Why didn't you talk to him? You just ran out the kitchen."
"I panicked... I wasn't ready, it's been like 5 years."
"You're going to have to talk with him one day."
"I know." I sighed. Just then dad came inside the house with mom.
"Oh hey Kylie." Dad said.
"Grandpa!" Caleb said and ran up to him and hugged his legs.
"Hey buddy." Dad smiled while picking him up and hugging him.
"I made you a pianist at school today."
"You did? Cool."
"But it had to dry today, I will give it to you tomorrow."
"Ok, I'll wait."
"Caleb, why don't you go play with Jackson." I said while putting him down on the ground.
"Ok!" Caleb said, Jackson then took him outside.
"Why are you here?" Dad asked.
"I need to talk to you." I said.
"Alright, what is it?" Dad asked while walking into the kitchen.
"When I was picking up Caleb from school the teacher had a talk with me."
"What about?" Mom asked.
"She was telling about parents day tomorrow and she encourages both parents go... She told me if I could try and get Justin to go because Caleb gets so excited when it's mentioned and she doesn't want him to feel left out."
"So you want Justin to go?" Dad asked.
"Yeah, but for Caleb only."
"You're going to have to ask him though." Dad said.
"I know... Also, Caleb told me he gets picked on because the kids at school says he doesn't have a dad... I'm like angry and sad that he gets picked on."
"Understand that everyone is going to get picked on.. You just have to let Caleb know that he shouldn't feel bad, he just has to ignore it." Dad said.
"I know... I told him." I sighed.
"So when are you going to tell Justin?" Mom asked.
"Today... Right now." I said.
"Now?" Dad said.
"Yeah.. Better now than later." I said.
"Well... He's at Pattie's house."
"He still lives there?" I asked.
"Yeah, he can't decided where to live and he just doesn't want to leave his mom."
"Well... I guess I'll go talk to him, if he wants to talk." I said.
"Alright, we'll watch Caleb for you while you're gone." Mom said.
"Ok, thank you." I said and then headed to Pattie's house. Should I knock on the door? No, maybe I should just go back home... Im sure Caleb isn't going to be that disappointed that Justin didn't come. I kept on arguing with myself until I finally decided to ring the doorbell.
"Oh hey." Pattie smiled.
"Is Justin home?" I asked awkwardly.
"Yes, he's in his room... Feel free to go up there... I have to run an errand so I'll be back later. You're welcome to stay as long as you want." Pattie smiled and walked out to her car.
"Uh.. Ok?" I said to myself and walked in, I closed the door behind me. 'Let's see if I remember where his room is' I thought to myself as I walked up the stairs. I turned to the right and walked down the hallway. I stood in front of his bedroom door and hesitated before I knocked. I finally knocked and a couple of seconds later he opened the door. He stared at me for a couple of seconds and then closed the door in my face. I sighed and knocked again. A minute passed and he didn't answer so I knocked again. The door then quickly opened. Next thing I knew the door closed and Justin was pinning me against the wall.
"What do you want?" He asked, I could tell he was trying to hold his anger.
"Can we talk?" I asked.
"No."
"Please?" I asked.
"We don't need to talk about anything."
"Please, it's not about us as a relationship." I said.
"Really?" Justin asked, I could hear a little disappointment in his voice.
"Yes." I answered.
"Ok, we can talk." Justin sighed.
"Uhh... Can we like talk normally? Like without you pinning me against a wall?" I asked.
"Oh yeah... Right." He said while backing up. "Uh.. You can sit on the bed if you want." Justin said while sitting on the bed. I sat on the bed also.
"So..." I said awkwardly while facing him.
"So... Uh... Yeah.. It's been a long time."
"Yeah." I said while crossing my legs. "So, as you already know.. We have... A son, Caleb."
"Why didn't you ever tell me about him? I had to find out through the media, did you know how hard that was?"
"I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would stop what you were doing and come back to take care of me."
"Because I was in love with you, I wanted you to be ok... I wanted to be there during the delivery, I wanted to be like the normal people and cut the umbilical cord." Justin said. "Hey... Who cut it?"
"That's not important right now."
"Yes it is.. Who cut it?" Justin commanded.
"Christian did, he was the only one there because my water broke when he was chilling with me at my house." I sighed.
"Wow." Justin sighed angrily.
"The main reason and basically the only reason I came is to ask you if you could make it to parents day tomorrow at Caleb's school."
"Why should I go?"
"Because that's all what Caleb wants.. He just wants one day with his.. Daddy."
"I'm basically not his dad since I wasn't there for him since the day he was born, I don't think I have to go."
"Can you think about it?" I asked.
"Why don't you ask Christian to go? Or all the other guys you fucking mess around with."
"You know what? I shouldn't of came. You don't even want to be a dad, if you did you wouldn't of left your son earlier and you left him there crying on the floor. Plus he gets picked on at school because you're not there for him, so that doesn't help." I said while getting up. "I'm done here, show up for Caleb if you want it starts at 8am, when school starts... If you don't come.. Then oh well Caleb is used to getting disappointed, he's been constantly disappointed for 5 years." I sighed. "Heres my number, you've wanted it for 5 years.. So here, at least text me if you're not going to show up so I can make up a story to tell Caleb, so he won't be that sad." I said while writing down my number quickly on a piece of paper and tossing it to him. I immediately walked out of his room and made my way towards the front door.
"Oh you're leaving now?" Pattie asked while walking up to the door.
"Yeah, bye.. Have a nice day." I said and left.
* * *
~Night~
"Is daddy coming home?" Caleb asked as I dried him off, I just took him a bath.
"Uh.. Sorry buddy, not today." I sighed.
"Aww.. When?"
"I don't know."
"Oh." Caleb sighed. I then lead him to his room so I could put him in his pajamas. "Goodnight mommy." Caleb said while kissing my forehead.
"You don't want me to read you a goodnight story?" I asked.
"Not tonight mommy, I just want to sleep." Caleb said while climbing in his bed.
"Ok... Goodnight, I love you." I said a little hurt since he always wants me to read him a story.
"Love you too mommy." Caleb said and then closed his eyes. I got up and turned on his nightlight before I walked out his room. My room was across the hallway. I then started to get ready to go to sleep.
~15 Minutes Later~
I walked into Caleb's room and found him fast asleep. I smiled slightly. The way Caleb sleeps reminds me of how Justin used to sleep, all carelessly with one foot in the blanket and one foot out, but whenever we sleep together... Justin used to be calm, protective... Caleb is also calm whenever he sleeps with me on stormy nights. I walked over to him and kissed his forehead. As I was getting up I noticed a piece of paper on his mini drawling table. I decided to go see what it was. 'Deer Santa Clauz, I now it is erly for Chrismaz but can you bring Daddy two me rite noow? I miz him a lot, you can skip me on reel Chrismaz if you do. Pleese, I will luv you fourever. Frum Caleb.' The paper said. I first chuckled at all the spelling mistakes he made, but it was good effort. I then sighed, I didn't know he wants a dad that much. Justin made it seem that he doesn't want to be a dad. I'm going to somehow explain that to Caleb. I walked back to my room and laid down in my bed. I kept on thinking on how I should tell Caleb tomorrow. Eventually I fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:
Ok I hope you like what I did there... Sorry if you guys aren't liking it :/ But you guys need to understand that the 'bullshit that will never happen' that I'm writing isn't suppose to be real. This is just a made up story. It's a fan FICTION -written story's and events of people that are NOT REAL- ... Sometimes I feel like you guys take this story too seriously. I'm sorry this book is turning into 'bullshit' if that's what some of you may think. So I decided that I will end the story soon. I might just start a whole new story, a series about Caleb, or just not write anymore. Also on 'Who Knew?' of course there is spelling mistakes, it was my first book... I haven't gone and edited it yet, you don't have to comment them. Lol I'm not the perfect speller.

Anyways I hope you guys liked this chapter, and yeah.. I do see the comments guys, they get emailed to my phone also all the messages and stuff, don't think I don't read them.

P.S.- MAKE SURE YOU BUY ALL THAT MATTERS ON ITUNES BY JUSTIN AS OF RIGHT NOW IT IS NUMBER ONE SO PLEASE HELP AND SUPPORT JUSTIN :) PLEASE HE MEANS THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME AND I JUST WANT HIM HAPPY SO PLEASE BUY IT, ITS ONLY $1.29

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS SMILE :))