Chapter 75 ~ Tris

Day 8
8:47 AM

"Okay," Peeta says. "Let's be allies."

I'm relieved. I've been really lonely, and my food supply is getting short. And, I'm glad I ran into him because he's really good looking, and I really don't know why I didn't notice him before. Not only is he cute, but he's nice too. Besides the fact that he wanted to hold my ring.

I'm suddenly nervous in front of him. Peeta is the Capitol's favorite. He's charming and nice, and there's not a soul alive who's met him and didn't like him. I feel like I should bow down or something. I feel like he's too good to be allying with me, but I'll roll with it. "Okay," I say.

He starts walking toward the cave and I walk beside him, looking at him. I can tell he's muscular. He looks like a movie star or a celebrity. Well, he is a celebrity.

"So, did you just find this cave here?" I ask stupidly.

"Yeah. It's safe. No one knows about it except Tony and Katniss." He looks at me. "And you, now." This makes me mentally swoon over him.

But then I suddenly remember. The day Harry killed Ron. We were here. Tobias, Harry, and I. I look around as Peeta and I are walking, and I remember that day clearly. There's many other caves around that I remember seeing. I spot the one that had the tunnel in it. The one we ran down to get away from the mutts. I remember we saw footprints near Peeta's cave and wondered who it was. Now I know. It was Katniss and Peeta.

So, no, Tony and Katniss aren't the only ones who know about it. Harry does too, if he remembers. I decide not to tell Peeta that.

We get to the cave, and I peer inside. It's dark and cold, but just like Peeta said, it looks safe.

I suddenly realize that this whole time, my hand has been on the ring. I've just been feeling it, feeling the smoothness and the weight of it. I look at Peeta and he's looking at it too, which is awkward. I take my hand off the ring and look at the pile of what I'm assuming is his supplies.

"Is that all yours?" I ask him, just to say something.

"Yep."

"That's a lot of stuff. Have you been stealing from people?"

He shakes his head. "No, Katniss, Gale, and I just had a lot to begin with. They're gone now, so...It's all mine now. Our's, I guess."

"You must've done good at the bloodbath. Four, Caleb, and I had a lot too, until Tony and Captain America came and burned it all. I had this concussion, because Captain America threw his shield at me. I think it's mostly healed, but I still get a headache once in a while..." I immediately blush and look down. Why would I tell him all that? I just kept rambling on and on. Ugh, I'm so chatty sometimes. I think all girls would be, when they're talking to a celebrity-like guy.

"So Tony's your enemy too, then?"

"I guess you could say that, but I hate Harry more."

"Well, I have aspirin in one of the bags if you need any for that concussion," he says. He's so sweet!

He speaks again before I can say anything. "And by the way, Captain America's name was Steve."

"What?"

He smiles. "It's true."

"Wow..." I say, feeling dumb. "Well, don't tell me Thor had some secret name I didn't know about."

He laughs. "Not that I know of."

I smile. I successfully had a conversation with him.

"Let's get going, now." He looks at me.