Chapter 45 ~ Tony

Day 4
8:23 AM

I open my eyes and see the ceiling of the cave, which reminds me of last nights events. I'm happy about the cave; it's nice to have some shelter.

I sit up, and notice everyone else is still asleep. Even Katniss is asleep, despite her 'taking watch'. I guess she isn't very responsible.

I'm surprised I actually woke up today. I thought Katniss and Peeta would kill Cap and I in the night. But nope. I'm still here. How surprising.

Despite me sleeping on a rock floor last night, it was one of the best sleeps of my life. I feel fully rested and recharged.

I stand up and spot my Iron Man suit leaning against the wall next to me. I used it quite a bit last night - I wonder what I'm at for power. "Jarvis, what are we at for power?" I ask him quietly and nervously.

"47%, sir," he replies loudly. I'm a little relived. I was expecting 10% or something. I really should watch the power level more closely. I tell myself I won't use the suit unless it's an emergency. I need to save that power for fighting.

I stand up and walk out of the cave. The weather today is warmer. The sun finally came out. There's not a cloud in the sky. I wonder how many degrees it is. I start to walk back into the cave to get my suit, then I remember my promise to myself. No using it unless it's an emergency.

I sigh and predict the weather. It's probably somewhere between 30 - 38 degrees. Maybe even 40. I slightly plead the snow to not melt. It's our source of water; I think it's everyone's.

Suddenly, the urge to know the time is itching at me. Forget my promise. I need to know. I go get my suit from the cave and return outside. I move away from the cave opening. I ask it loudly "What time is it?"

"8:23 AM, sir," Jarvis replies. Geez. I could've slept in. It's early.

"How many degrees is it?" I ask.

"36 degrees Fahrenheit," he says. I nod in satisfaction. Good. Now I know the time and the weather. I try to convince myself that those are emergencies as I shut down the suit. Seriously, this time. No using the suit.

I glance over to where we fought Thorin and Bilbo last night. I can only see the treetops, but I'm pretty sure the fire is gone. The gamemakers must've put it out. It wouldn't have gone out on its own. It would've lit the whole arena up if they left it.

I have absolutely no regrets.

I should go over there. I should investigate. I don't know why; just for something to do. Maybe I can see if we left anything. I'm bored.

I power up the suit and put it on. I wouldn't want to be caught out there with no weapons.

I write a message to my allies in the wet snow, using my finger. Went to explore. - T

I stroll away from the cave and head towards the forest. I fight the urge to fly. It would take too much power. For once in my life, I enjoy a walk. It's dead quiet. It's as if there isn't anyone else in the arena. The silence is nice, but the weather starts to annoy me. I'm glad it's a bit warmer, but the snow is starting to melt, which means it's slushy everywhere. What are we going to do for water if this melts? I don't want to think about it.

I finally reach my destination. The first thing I notice is that the fire is gone, like I expected. There are many tall, large trees on the ground. They're black with ashes, all thanks to me. The snow that used to be around them has melted, reveling mud underneath. It's ugly.