Chapter 46 ~ Tobias

Day 4
1:34 PM

Right now, I'm walking in mud puddles. Tris, Harry, and I were bored, so we decided just to walk around, and maybe actually try to kill some people, like you're suppose to do. But obviously, the tributes in these games don't know that. It's the fourth day and only a few people are dead. Some games would probably already be done by now.

We thought it was nice out when we woke up. The sun was out and everything was great. But now, it's gross. The snow is melting, which makes everything wet and disgusting. The tent is wet with mud on the bottom, which makes it hard to pack back in it's bag. I'm even getting a little warm. I took off my coat, leaving myself in my long sleeve shirt, because I gave my jacket to Tris. It has to be at least 40 degrees by now.

Tris, who's walking by me, suddenly stops. I stop and look at her.

She sighs. "This is useless. All we're doing is getting muddy. We're getting nowhere." She looks tired and depressed.

"No," I say. "We're not stopping until we kill some people. We have to speed these games up. I want to go home." I add that part just for confidence. I'm pretty sure I'll at least be one of the last ones left.

She rolls her eyes at me and groans loudly.

"What's wrong with you? I thought you were cool and not afraid of mud," I say darkly, halfly joking.

"I'm not afraid of mud," she grouches, not looking at me.

"Seems like it."

"I just don't want to be walking in it and getting the only clothes I have dirty," she growls.

"You don't even have any mud on your clothes. What are you even complaining about."

"I have some on my shoes."

"That's footwear. Different than clothing."

"Basically the same thing."

Harry, who stopped with me and was just causally glancing around, looks at us. "You two fight like an old married couple."

I smirk and look at Tris. She scowls at me, then Harry, then she pushes past us and continues to walk ahead.

"She's moody today," I tell Harry.

Before he can answer, we hear a voice. "I can hear you, Four!" It's Tris.

Harry and I smirk. I follow the voice. Tris is just standing there, picking her nails.

"Too scared to go on without us?" I joke with her.

"Shut up," she says, still focused on her nails. She puts her hands by her sides and looks at me. "I'm not moody. I'm tired and muddy and I have a headache." She doesn't seem like she's in the joking mood.

Before I can reply, she speaks again. "Let's just move and quickly find some people to kill. Then I'm done for the day." She starts walking along.

Harry and I exchange a smirk. Girls are so fun to mess with. I do feel kind of bad, though. She's having a bad day. Caleb died a couple days ago, and she still has her concussion headache. Every day since she's been in this arena, she's had a bad day. I decide to stop.

I've been trying to pick her up a little. I've been extra nice and playful, but she doesn't seem to be understanding what I'm trying to get at. I wonder if she's still interested in me. Maybe if we were back home, she would break up with me. I feel like I'm being too annoying. I probably am. I need to shape up and be serious.