Chapter 15 ~ Thor

"Over there are the guns; the weapons that most of you will probably want to learn to use," the head of the training points to a station with rifles and handguns at it. I don't need to train. I can kill all of these people here without training. I don't really listen to what she's saying.

She continues to show us all the weapons and skills we can teach ourselves. I thought there would be only a few stations, but there are over 20 of them; more stations than there are tributes. The weapons stations are basic, such as spear throwing, archery, sword fighting. I don't need to train at any of them.

The head trainer finally releases us to start training.

The tributes scatter, wandering around, looking for a weapon. I chuckle and shake my head as I watch them. This is going to be so easy. I know for a fact that I - or Tony or Steve - will win. One of us will. I'm just glad each of us are allowed to take a weapon into the arena. Without my hammer, I would be lost.

I stand by Steve and Tony, watching the others. Observing.

"We can fight well enough," Tony says. "We don't need to train."

I nod at him, agreeing. We're all good fighters, and I'm sure we'll get enough supplies to survive. We don't need weapon training nor survival training.

We slowly walk, looking at different tributes at different stations. I suppress my laughs as I watch everyone fail. I see a boy miss every single person at the archery stations. I watch another boy not able to lift 20 pounds at the strength training. These people are laughable. The only ones who seem to be doing well is the people who aren't even men; the elf and the dwarf.

Suddenly, a trainer strides up to us. The first thing I notice about him is that he's shorter than me, the top of his head only coming up to my shoulder.

"You fellows need to train. There's no standing around in this place. Do something." He pats my shoulder, annoyed, and then walks away. I suppress a grin. He tried to act all powerful, but he failed. People in this place are so weak.

Tony sighs. "Well, I'm going to go pick on some people. See you later," he says to me, ignoring Steve.

"Farewell," I say, slightly angry at Tony for causing unnecessary drama between him and Steve. I turn my attention back on the tributes training.

"Guess we should train," Steve says. "Even though we don't need to."

I don't want to, but I suppose we should. The trainers are going to keep yelling at us if we just stand here.

"I suppose," I say with a sigh.

Steve turns to me. "Do survival training. Not weapons. We need survival skills, if anything."

I nod and we walk away from each other. I wander around the training center, looking at the various stations and the various people training at them. I see Tony over by the rifle training, picking on a teenage girl. I see Steve over at a station where he seems to just be getting a lecture about catching wild animals.

I suddenly realize I'm heading toward spear training. The spears remind me of Loki, and I immediately walk away, filled with sadness. Even though Loki was a traitor at one point, and he destroyed New York, he was my brother. I miss him, even though I probably shouldn't. But he didn't mean what he did. He was just reckless.

I push the Loki thoughts out of my mind. Right now is no time to be weak and sad. I need to train.

Finally, I spot something that I'm interested in watching other tributes fail at. Fist fighting.