Chap (21)

"What is it?" I whispered behind her shoulder. She stomped her rifle to the ground, "Just a darn rabbit." Terry burst out laughing, "The look on all you faces could kill a herd of cattle!"

 "Terry, boy. You can't say much. You pushed me forward and held onto my shoulder and started digging your nails in." Xavier replied back. "You got owned." Ian laughed back. "Hush up! I don't want any distractions, those aliens could be right behind us and your saying 'He did this' 'I did that' theory." They stayed quiet for the rest of the journey back, until they entered the house. "You got any food? I'm starving!" Ian barged into the kitchen along side Terry.

 "Boys! You calm down now!" Maggie insisted, "I want your full attention we need to make plans to attack!"

 "Maggie's right, we can eat later until we figure out how to get these guys off our backs." I encouraged her, "Maggie show them the alien's camping ground." She nodded and went up the stairs they decided to trail behind us and make Maggie upset in anyway. "If you can just step up there you'll see a whole flock of them." 

 Terry stepped down, "Can't we just shoot them from here?" Maggie hit him back and looked out the window, "I knew you were crazy. We're three fields away and we'd definitely miss." she got out sheets of blank paper, "Here's what we do... Jasmine you'll be located on the east of their camp, hiding of course, while Xavier will be North, Ian will be west and I'll be south."

 "What about me?" Terry objected. "Terry you have the best job of all, you stay out of the way."

 "What the hell?! What kinda messed up job is that?" Terry defended. Maggie picked up her rifle, "I will use this." I went back down the stairs. "How long do you think will they regoncise we're here?"

 "S'pose another day or two when daylight hits." Maggie placed her gun in a glass cabinet. "Maggie where's your bathroom?" Terry interrupted, Maggies lips curled into a smile, "Downstairs just the second door to the sitroom."

 As soon as Terry proceeded down the hall and the rest of us went into the kitchen I confronted Maggie's joyful mood, "You'll see in a second or two. I have a guest in my bathroom." Terry's scream made everyone jump, the door slammed and he raced into us and gave Maggie a look that could kill, "What is the matter with you?!"

 "Do you like him?"

 "No!? Why would you keep such a- a thing in your house?!" 

 I exchanged looks inbetween him, "What are you both talking about!" Maggie lead all of us into the bathroom, she still left the door closed, "I'm gonna show you something, but all of you have to promise not to freak out," she eyed Terry, "Like some of my guests have." She opened the door wide which presented a large crocodile laying sleepily in the bath full of water.

 "Holy shit!" Ian cried out, backing away. "Jasmine, don't be worried now, I'm just minding it for my cousin who's gone for a while." I nodded, staring in shock at the hatchling.

 "Well, this is Carlos. My cousin trained him well not to bite or fight back, you can say he's just like any other child." she pet Carlos on the top of his mouth making his eyes swing open and look at Maggie through cat-like eyes. "You had a good sleep haven't ya boy, did that mean ol' Terry wake you up?" Carlos lifted himself out of the bath and trailed out the door. Making me jump back and bumpin into Xavier. "Why are you keeping him?" I breathed out.

 "My cousin's paying me well per night." Maggie went into the kitchen and filled a bowl of pigs fat into Carlos's bowl. "Anyways guys, get what ya want out of the fridge of cabinets or whatever I'll show ye to your rooms."

 We all went up the stairs again, "I only have three rooms so one is for me, Ian and Terry can share and also so will you to lovers." Maggie winked and opened our door. "I'll see ye in the morning guys. I have spare clothes in the closet, my nephew sleeps over sometimes so he has a few old clothes for you Xavier. Night."

 As soon as the door shut I looked at Xavier, "What kind of trouble are we getting ourselves in?" I peeked out the window which was guarded by office blinds. "You mean what kind of trouble am I getting you in." Xavier swung the doors open and gathered out suitable nightwear, "Maybe it was best if I never asked you to help me in that field."

 "Don't say that. Anyways, it's an adventure to be truthful I'm enjoying every second of it. Except for the murders." I started undressing and redressing into the pajamas and leaped into the cold bed which was noticable that it wasn't used for a while. Xavier got in with me as soon as he was dressed and cuddled up to me, "Wow this bed squeaks a lot." 

 "I know," I said, sleepily turning over, "Night Xavier." I could sense that he didn't have his eyes shut and was focusing on something. "Whats wrong?" I turned my head toward him, my body still facing the other direction.

 "Nothing, just can't sleep... Yet." I sat up. "I don't really feel tired either." I lied. I heard him chuckle and he grabbed me by the waist pressing me ontop of him, soon it lead a drift kiss and later we were sliding out of our pajama pants.