Chap (14)

Jasmine's P.O.V:

 "Xavier.. I that you?" I said sleepily, not having enough energy to open my eyes. "Oh, what? I'm f-fine, Jasmine. I was just checking if you were okay." I smiled, "That was nice of you, Xavier, thank you." I heard him creak out of the room almost at running speed. As soon as the kitchen door loudly slam behind him I rose from the bed, noticing a little glint from the corner or my eye I followed the trail and discovered a little gift on my locker. I gently picked it up and unwrapped it, being extra careful not to rip or tear it. I traced the sides of the box and slowly opened it, I knew too well it was from Xavier.

 A silver locket was sitting on the cream cushioned pillow that secured it in the box. I opened it and discovered the locket needed a picture, of Xavier and me. I pinned the sides together behind my neck and escaped my room heading for Xavier.

 "Xavier, I love it!" I called, running down the stairs, not taking any notice of the banister. I grabbed the kitchen door handle and pulled it down, when I noticed it wouldn't open. First I thought it was just being stubborn but it soon changed to being locked. "Xavier? What are you doing in there?" there was still a  thankfull tone in my voice.

 "Sorry, Jas... I needa minute!" I heard kitchen utensils being slammed together making chimes. I slowly relaxed back, "Ok, but what are you doing?"

 He gave in and unlocked the door, peeping his eyes around they were grey- lifeless even. "If you come in, promise to not panic?" I nodded, confused. He slowly opened the door wider, still stepping behind it. I stared around the room in shock. It was a complete purple blood zone.

 "Xavier!" I clamped my hand around my mouth and stumbled backwards. "Jasmine, I'm sorry I can't help it. If... If I turn into something, promise me you won't-" I swung my head around, "Turn.. Into something?" He gave me an upset look, "Usually my device injects my blood, making me bleed, and I turn into what I'm supposed to look like."

 I wrinkled an eyebrow, "Are you saying that's not your real identity?" he shook his head, "I'm sorry, Jasmine. I should've told you before." I looked awa from him, touching my locket, "Do you turn green?"

 A chuckle escaped his mouth, "No, this isn't the movies or anything sci-fi fiction, Jasmine." my bottom lip quivered, "How long will you stay like it?" he shrugged, "Not too long. If you want, you can leave the room for a while, I suffer badly when I transform." I nodded, "Yeah, I think that would be best." I crept a cold kiss on his lips and left re-running my steps up the stairs and closed my door firmly shut. 

 After six or seven minutes I completely forgot why I was up here until Xavier's painfull screaming rang through my ears. I clapped both hands on each ear and forced my eyes shut. I prayed for him to stop feeling pain in my own mind. I wanted it to end, immediatly.

 My prayer was soon answered the house was completely, ghostly, quiet. I blinked and stared at the door, wondering if I should go down or not. My legs done the talking and I slowly went back downstairs, the kitchen door was closed. "Xavier?" I whispered. I opened the door and trailed my eyes around the room, there was Xavier, face dug down into his hands and hid any trace of body. "Xavier, understand that whatever you really are you can show it to me." I mumbled. He shook his head, "Believe me, Jas, even I don't like what I really am." I shrugged, even though he wouldn't have seen it, "I don't care, this is the real me. I let you see the real me, now it's your turn."

 I heard his breath panting, thinking it through his mind. He slowly rose from his seat.