Chap (10)

The doorbell interrupted the sleep I was enjoying with my bed I slowly got up and peeked out the window where Patricia was tapping her foot impatiently when she noticed me she cupped her hands around her mouth, "Open- the- door!" I nodded and slowly tripped each foot down the stairs. As soon as I opened the door Patricia barged in removing the panda hat and ruffled her dark waved hair. "Ian is being despicable lately!" she shrugged her long warm coat off and hanged it on the rail of the stairs.
"Why, what happened?" I tried to keep my eyes from shutting.
"Well, Terry came over to my apartment and Ian was with me, Terry looked so upset and of course Ian's heart went out to him. I wasn't too sure but I didn't want to be a spoil sport, you know? And then! Six o clock this morning they were celebrating the day before Halloween with booze and Horsehead music, don't ask me where it came out of I was too busy enjoying my sleep until they started singing-along to it with toxication in their voices. So that's why I came to you."
I sat down beside her and only said Oh. She grabbed the remote control and flicked through each channel until it ended up at the music show. I didn't mind her making herself at home she always allows me to do so in her apartment.
"Uch! What am I gonna do, Jas? They're destroying my only home right now and their gonna get me kicked out." she mumbled. "Huh... What about your parents house?" she gave me a weird look, "Don't be stupid! They kicked me out for a reason ya know."
"Oh yeah, sorry Patricia I'm just after getting up I'm not thinking straight at all." she shrugged, "It's alright."
I folded my lips into my mouth and then suggested, "You can stay tonight if you really want?" she shook her head keeping her eyes locked on the television, "Nah I'll go back when they calm down."

 "You probably didn't eat any breakfast yet, did ya?" I got up going into the kitchen, "Nope. Toast and a nice cup of tea will do the trick though." I quickly prepared our breakfast and handed Patricia her toast and tea. "Speaking about boys... Why did Xavier go home again?" Patricia said through open munches. "Erm, family difficulties I suppose. I'm not too sure."

 "Then what about his enemies...?" I faked a shrug, "I think they wore down on him. Gave up trying to look for him... So, did you get anything uptown yesterday after I left?" she played with the toast in her hands, "Erm, perfumes and this new lipgloss from number 71. It's really glossy and makes your lips plumper it's so cool!" I soothed down my back into the cushions glad to change the subject.

 "I kinda liked Xavier, he was... You know... Oomf!" I stopped chewing and gave her a glance, "Ha what?" She crossed her arms still holding one hand up to her mouth to eat the toast, "You and him would've made a good couple that kinda oomf." I agreed to every word Patricia said with a smile.

 After six long hours she left to go check out if her apartment was still standing. I sat down watching the television blankly after I heard someone crash into my door in a hurry, "Patricia?" I called out. The footsteps leading into me, Xavier. It was really Xavier. I looked at him speechless, "Xavier? I thought you left?!" I jumped up into his arms. He at me, upset, "What's wrong?-" 

 "Come with me!" He grabbed my hand, his sweat stook to both our hands I trotted to try to be by his side to ask him questions but he never replied. He ran with me to the back door, he kept it going until we reached the fourth deserted field. "Xavier," I panted, "Answer me! What are you doing? Why are you back?" Xavier walked around the field in a rage, "Jasmine... I escaped again, now their madder. I killed the captain, I thought I was a goner when the second-hand man seen me in the vent with the shotgun but I slid out and blocked the ship room so I could buy myself more time to activate one of the ships. Forgive me for all the things I said to you, I just wanted you to run away from me."

 I blinked my eyes at him, "Are they on their way?" I croaked. He looked at me in frustration, "Yeah!?" I bowed my head down to see him like this towards me, "Sorry, Xavier..."

 "Sorry isn't gonna save me and your life!!" He roared. I flicked my eyes up, "Their after me too?"

 "Why are you so slow today? Tell me, would you rather me go to another planet while they came to your side to kill you?" He swallowed, "I dunno what's become of me... I used to think so straight now I feel like everything is numb." He crouched down, I fell down to him trying to peek behind his face, he looked so helpless. "We needa stop them don't w-" We were interrupted by a few loud bangs coming from the field next to us. "No!" Xavier looked up and struggled to make me return to his side, "Their here."

 "What!" I clung to Xavier, "What will we do? Xavier I don't want to lose you. How could we fight off all of those aliens?" There was a tiny glint in Xavier's eye, "I have an idea." And dragged me toward the crowd of aliens not realizing we were just a few feet away.