Chap (16)

The woman who was about to publish the picture gave me a perculiar look, "Was it a Halloween party? Gosh you looked so realistic." I nodded, "Do you think you can get it in a small shape like this?" I held out my locket. She examined it, "Your boyfriend give it to you?"

 I nodded, fiddling with the chain, "Yeah well, not all of them last long." she accused. I glared up, "He will." I said silently. She rolled pityful eyes, "That's what they all say." she grudged. As soon as she was done editing my picture I snapped it out of her clutch, "Thank you for your kind service to me, it really helped." I said, sarcasticly. "Any time." she mused, light-hearted.

 I dialled the house phone number and waited for an answer, "Hellooo?" Xavier called down the phone. "I see you practiced picking up the phone correectly." I laughed. "It took awhile but it paid off, did you get the picture?" I fiddled with the locket, smiling discreetly at the picture, "Yeah it's great, the service could've been improved though." he breathed lightly down the reciever, "What do you mean by that?"

 "Oh nothing, she's just another depressed woman who can't afford a relationship." I dismissed the thought. "I'm getting chinese, do you want anything in particular?"

 "You know that I know nothing about your food!" he reminded. "Alright, I think I'll get noodles, spare ribs and rice."

 "That will be great... If I knew what it all meant, I'll see ya, Manor Meerkat is on! Love you." he blew kisses down the phone, "Love you too." and hung up. I floated up the stairs to the chinese and was second at the counter, "Hi, can I order noodles, egg fried rice and spare ribs please." the waitresse took down the order in a notebook, "And any sauces?" I shook my head in a polite way. I went to sit down and read magazines, one article caught my eye:

 Are invasions just begining?, I gasped at the photo. It was helicopter viewed, the photo of when the new captain and his employers, or whatever they were called, had landed me and Xavier weren't in sight, thank God. I read through it there was a debate saying True with loads of qoutes and another with False qoutes. "I don't believe in any of that nonsense." A woman in her late forties said to me, "Oh, I do..." I mumbled. Another man joined in he was around thirty, "I believe in it too." I smiled. "It's only pictures, by the end of the day they get paid for no proof."

 "It's a mystery." I shrugged, stopping the conversation. "An order of egg fried rice, noodles and spare ribs." the woman finally said six minutes later. I got up and grabbed the brown paper bag, "Thanks." I handed her the money and went downstairs, hurrying to get home to tell Xavier about the article.

 "Xavier!" I called as I opened the door wide. "Yeah?" he said in a carefree way. I dropped the chinese food on the coffee table. "What's up?" I switched off the television, "Look at a magazine lately? Aliens made front cover!"

 He looked at my hands, "Do you have it?"

 "No! Listen, remember the time when we killed all those aliens?" his eyes widened, "What?! They pictured us killing all th-"

 "No!! They just pictured them landing." I insisted, he frowned at the thought. "Huh, their dead now so it doesn't matter anymore, does it?" I picked the packet of food up again, "No, guess not but what happens to the remains of the bodies?"

 "They just blend into the ground I s'pose, will I get the plates?" he got up, stretching. I nodded and sat down on the sofa instead. My mobile rang out of my pocket, "Ugh" I moaned and went to retrieve it out of my denim jean pocket, "Hello?"

 "Hi, Jasmine!" Patricia's chirpy voice called out. "Oh, Hi pat." I said, surely. "Okay, well, me and Ian and probably Terry were wondering if you and Xavier would like to come for a drive outside the countryside?"

 I paused for a few seconds, "Countryside?" 

 "Yeah, countryside." I paused again, "What would you be doing out in the countryside?" she sighed like I didn't know her at all, "Jassie, Jassie, Jassie... It's not just me, it all of us... Together! Finding the real us." 

 "Really?" I could feel her eyes rotate in her head, "Ok and maybe something else... So what do you say?" 

 "Alright." I sighed. She hummed a silent Yesss! and then replied, "Pick you up in an hour?"

 "Yeah, yeah bye," I mumbled and pressed the red button firmly, "Xavier? Guess what?" I chorused. He came out with all the essentials, "Hm?" he poured out the food equally on each plate. "We're going to the countryside with our friends." he sat beside me and started tanking down his food, "Who?" I clicked the TV alive. "Oh you know, Patricia, Ian...."-I kept my voice low for the next name-"Terry."

 "Terry?" he bolted his eyes up. I nodded, "You can pick the channel." I suggested. "If he stares at you more than one minute I'm gonna scratch his eyes out." 

 I shrugged, "Deal." Xavier hesitated, "What about my alien form?" I dropped my fork down and stared at Xavier, he was right. He was still an alien. "God damn! I have to ring her back!" he grabbed my arm and slammed me down onto couch again, "I could just pretend that I went to another Halloween party and I didn't take my 'makeup and outfit' off."

 I bit my bottom lip, "I don't wanna take any chances." I slid my legs up on the couch and grabbed my plate. "Hm, or that I could be a Halloween model for classic magazines?" 

 I nodded again, "You can pick the channel." I passed the remote. He took it off me and clicked the menu and went straight to movies. "I wanna watch a horror!" he decided. "Sure you can handle it?" I concentrated on my food. "Yeah!"

 "Get your jacket on, Xavier. It's gonna be freezing tonight." I thrown his jacket into his arms as I ruffled my hair. "Ugh, I hate wearing jackets!" he moaned. I gave him a stern look, "Xavier, Jacket- on- now!"

 He slipped it on, "Ya know what's scary, Jas?" I slipped my gloves on, "What?" he looked up the dark stairs, "That movie we just watched, I don't think I'll be able to look at a water well or a TV again!"

 "Xavier, the movie wasn't that scary it was only a story, a little girl died in a well and whoever watched a video that concerned the way she lived would get a phone call and die in seven days." he nodded, "Thats what makes it scary?" 

 "But, were not gonna watch it our we? It was made by a famous Hollywood company, fiction written all over it." he stiffed his lips in, "It... It was still scary.... Alright?" I peeked my eyes around the curtain and Patricia and company were just after pulling up the driveway. Xavier dropped his head around too, "It's getting dark, what exactly are we going to do in the country?" I shrugged, whatever Patricia had planned we just had to wait and see.