Chap (12)

I slid the plate of meat sandwiches onto the kitchen table, Xavier took three sandwiches while I only had the stomach for one. Xavier stared into my eyes still chewing his first sandwich, I exchanged an awkward look back. After we were done Xavier got up and showed me his hand I took hold of it and he pulled me up.
"Wanna see something cool?" he smiled. I shrugged, "Erm, depends what it is?" he tugged me toward the sink, "Fill it with water, I don't wanna ruin the surprise."
"Alright, I still don't get how this has to be a big surprise," I mumbled. He chuckled, "You gonna be quiet? I needa concentrate." he dipped his hand into the water after a few seconds I looked into the water and back to him, "What's your point?" he rolled his eyes and grinned, "Look into the water!"

 I watched in amazement as the ripples formed into a sentence reading: Jasmine, I love you. Xavier clinged behind me and covered the back of my face with kisses. "Can you do anything else?" I shivered as the ripples vanished from the water. "Why, do you think that's not enough?" He chuckled softly from behind my ear. "I can only do water tricks when I want to, like the time where we spent some time in that lake, I stopped myself from performing my water talent." 

 "It's easy to stop?" I still had my eyes locked on the water that was slowly leaving the sink. "Very. You seem nervous? I hope I didn't upset you."

 I shook my head, "The act was just... Breathtaking." he swung me around and placed his hand on my waist, like before. I placed my head on his chest and delicately rubbed my fingers up his spine the device was placed back where the gaping hole was. "You got it back?"

 "It's something I need to survive, I told you before when I lost it I was surprised that it didn't kill me." He started kissing my lips gently, I closed my eyes kissing him back. He withdrawn from our kiss, "I hope you don't think I'm a killer." I shook my head, "No, of course not, they were going to kill us anyway."

 "I'm just here to protect you." he reasurred me. I pulled away from him, gently "You'd probably wouldn't want to know what Terry tried to do to me." he gave me a concerned, curious look, "Why what did he try to do?"

 I looked away from him onto the kitchen floor, "I don't wanna say."

 "You brought it up now tell me." he said in a determind fatherly tone, "He tried to..." I made a few gestures with my hands, not wanting to say the word. His eyes widened a little, "I'll deal with him later, don't you worry." I gave him a sensitive kiss on the mouth. "I'd never do that to you, Jas." I shrugged, "I wouldn't mind you doing it, but with my permission."

 He smiled, questionly. I gave a shy smile back.

 As soon as we were done, we were left breathless and sweaty. It was my first time doing it in a field, the particular field where me and Xavier first met. "Xavier?" I gasped through thick air.

 "Yeah?"

 I struggled the words out, "There's a Halloween dance coming up soon. Celebrating going back to School." He looked at me in astonishment, "Why would anyone wanna celebrate that?!" I shrugged but continued, "I was wondering if you'd like to bring me?" He thought about it and finally came up with an answer, "If you promise me one thing." I shrugged and nodded. "If you promise to never fall inlove with anyone else, I know it sounds greedy, but just me." 

 I smiled, "Of course, I agree one hundred percent." and gave him a tiny hug. My arms were still wrapped around him as I started to doze off, even if we were in a field I didn't care. It was worth it to have him back and we were safe in eachothers arms.