Chap (22)

*I should warn you that this is the last chapter of Our Universe. I'm plotting the next saga to it... I'm not releasing it 'till Still Doll is done and dusted. Soo.. Roll on the next SAGA!~ B.T.

P.S I know, this story needs a lot of editing! I will get to that soon too :D

****************************************************************************

 I was awakened by Xavier's deep tried yawn, I slowly rolled out of the bed and blinked my eyes to focus. It was a definte lovely day, the office blind blew uneven lines of sunray through them so I decided to get up and open them. I flicked the blind open making me blink and notice a shadow head shaped creature looking in at me when I gained focus an ugly scarred face stared in at me. "AAAH!" it squealed at me.

 I flung back in shock tumbling over to the door making Xavier looking up, "What's wrong?"

 "A face, window... Face." I mumbled out flicking my eyes from the window and back to Xavier. Xavier finally had energy to turn his head toward the window to reveal Maggie laughing with a mask in her hand, "Gotcha! You must'a thought I was an alien thing." she unhatched the window and climbed in.

 "I was staying there for over a half an hour. What took you so long to wake up?" Maggie started cleaning out the closet. "I dunno maybe because my eyes were to busy resting?" 

 She smiled at me and opened the door, "Yeah, anyways eggs and bacon are all setted out on the table. Get dressed you two." she ordered in a motherly voice. I waited for my heart rate to calm down some more before getting dressed. Xavier burst out laughing and ducked down low into the sheets, "Judging by your appearence you look really scared."

 "Thanks for pointing out the obvious." I rubbed my eyes and got my clothes on, they were lazily put on the chair I flung them on. "Here put these on, Maggie won't mind you wearing them." I got out a fresh pair of clothes for Xavier. "The other pair of clothes are too dirty for ya."

 He swung himself up like a puppet and went to get changed. "I'll be downstairs, 'kay?" I stretched out my arms. "Yeah, I'll follow you in a minute." 

 I went into the entrance of the kitchen, Ian and Terry looked at my arrival as they swallowed down their breakfast. "Morning." I finally said, grabbing a seat. "Morning." they replied.

 Maggie slid a plate of eggs and bacon over to me. "You need to put a little more weight on that skin of yours."

 "Speak for youself." I joked back to Maggie. She sat down beside me, "We're planning to go out and get 'em in an hour or two."

 I stopped chewing, "Why can't we go tonight? When it's dark." I tried to decide. Maggie shook her head, "No, sooner the better."

 On queue Xavier came down and sat at the other side of me, "When are we going to get them?"

 "Hour or two." I told him, he shrugged. "Yeah, sounds good."

 Maggie turned to Terry, "Would you mind feeding Carlos for me Terry?" Terry rolled his eyes and gathered food for the crocodile. I squinted my eyes at Terry to see if he was really obeying her, "Why is he doing that?" 

  "I won the bet." Maggie smirked.

  "What bet?"

  "That Carlos would hit Terry with his tail." she said in an average tone. "He did?" Maggie nodded alongside Ian.

 "Why?"

 "You know what you should be asking? Why wouldn't Carlos hit Terry with his tail." Maggie dodged her eyes at the doorway, "I kinda cheated though..." I made an indifferent look.

  "I commanded him to?"

  "Makes sense?" I muttered, finishing off my breakfast and watched Terry come in with a dreadful look on his face.

 "So you gotta keep down low." Maggie instructed Ian on the battle of the aliens. "Are we going now?" Ian asked, nervously. Maggie nodded, "'Kay everyone in your positions!" We all gathered around the fields bushes. We all had a plan that Maggie would make a signal on the top of the tree that we must keep an eye out for. As soon as it was made we started shooting and watch everyone of them fall to the ground, I realized it was a bit of fun in killing Xavier's kind, the evil kind. It was relieving seeing them fall silently to the soft grass.

 I had my hand on the trigger, I was focused the aim on a smaller alien when suddenly I felt something wrap around me, like a vine of mucus. I gazed down at the tight arm wrapped around my waist, I then stared at Xavier in horror but he still hadn't noticed yet. "Xa..." I started but then the arm jerked me back, away from everyone. The last thing I can remember was Xavier scream.