Chap (15)

I gasped, silently, hoping that Xavier didn't hear me. His skin was like all dead brown leaves placed together to make a person, his hair was an autumn bright red, his nails weren't visual anymore and his eyes were grey and lifeless like before when he was deciding to let me in or not. "This... Is the real me." I nodded, making sure to not change any facial expression.

 "I'm not afraid of the real you." I replied to him, secretly I wasn't too sure if I was lying or telling the truth. "Oh please, Jas. I can clearly see the emotion in your eyes. Your having second thoughts about me, aren't you? Just say the word and I'll go home, or find it, and I'll never bother you again." he muttered, coldly. I shook at him in disbelief, "No! Xavier, I love you!" I granted to him. 

 I led my feet forward to kiss is prickled lips and then hugged him softly. "I love my gift, Xavier." he placed a hug around me, "Thanks." I heard him muffle as he place his lips through my hair. "I'll make sure no one will see the real you. I'll keep you safe, aswell, Xavier." 

 "Thank you." I heard him cry, silently, "I wish I could be the otherside of me." I frowned, "Why do that? Your beautiful any old way. Can we take a picture together, Xavier?" he pushed me away, "Not while I'm like this!" He quivered.

 "Xavier, no one is going to know. It's only between you, me and our locket." he shook his head, "Correction, your locket." I nodded, "Ok, my locket. Please Xavier?" he made an indifferent face, "What if someone took the locket from you, what'd you say then?"

 "That it was a costume party you got back from... Costume party..." I tried to reset my brain to thinking what I was forgetting, "Oh no, Xavier! The school Halloween dance is on tonight!" Xavier's eyes widened, "What?!" I relaxed a little, thinking the plan through quickly, "Costume party." I reassured him and myself, "You'll be able to get through this, Xavier."

 "Look at me! I'm too realistic to be a costume!" I nodded, "True, but I'll have to make my costume as realistic as your 'costume'" I made bunny ears with my two fingers and flexed them up and down.

I painted the remains of my fake makeup on my face, this had to pull through, it took me almost all day to make my costume look as realistic as Xavier did. "I think it should do." I thrown the concealer back into the makup box and spun around, "How does it look? Dead zombie."

 Xavier's eyes widened, "Is that what I look like to you?" 

 "No! I'm going to pretend, and also you, that your a zombie- like me. Your hair is supposed to be blood, and you have dried dead skin." he examined himself in my pocket mirror, "It could pull through..." I slammed the pocket mirror back into the drawer I kept it in, "Of course it will." the doorbell rang, "That's Patricia, Ian and Terry." 

 "Terry." Xavier muttered. I shrugged, "Don't make an act tonight, Xavier. This is going to be a treat."

 I dragged Xavier downstairs with me and I let Xavier open the door. Patricia and Ian was visually Vampires and Terry was a burgular. Their eyes all widened as they seen me and Xavier, "Holy cow!" Patricia eyed us both of us. "If we weren't going to a Halloween party and ye were dressed up I'd defintely think you were both zombies." Ian smiled at Patricia, "That sure beat our costumes, Pattie."

 I smiled at Xavier and rested my head on his chest, "We spent ages on them." Patricia grinned back, "It was worth all the time I'd suppose. Come on and get into the car." Patricia and Ian walked ahead of us to Ian's old vehicle, I linked arms with Xavier when he wouldn't move, he was eyeing Terry up and down in disgust, "And what are you supposed to be? A racoon?"

 Terry frowned back at his comment, "It's obvious I'm a burgular, dry skin." Xavier pushed me back, "Yeah burgular is right, trying to steal my girl away." I pulled Xaviers arm back, "Xavier, please! You promised." 

 "Yeah, you better listen to your Wife, Xavier." Terry spat as he went ahead to the car. I turned Xavier around, "Didn't I tell you to not make an act?" he looked away from me and scolded at Terry, "I didn't promise anything." I breathed out in defeat, "Well, promise me now." he grabbed hold of my hand and started to the car, "Promise." he accepted.

 The quarter of the school hall gasped as they seen my costume and Xavier. "Wanna get some punch?" I asked Xavier. He pulled away from me, "Punch...?" I laughed and shook my head, "It's a drink, Xavier. Calm down."

 Before I lead him to the served table Xavier turned to Terry, "Touch Jasmine and I'll punch your-" I pulled him to me, "Xavier, you promised!" 

 "I was only keeping you safe for future references." I nodded, "S'pose your keeping your promise too, but don't be behaving bad for the rest of the night!" I demanded. He poured out both our drinks and prompted my hand to take it. "Xavier, you do know how to dance right?" he tilted his head to both sides and shrugged, "S'pose." I dragged him to the dancefloor when he'd finished his drink. Dancing solo when a fast song came on and dancing closer when a slow one came on. After it all it had been a fantastic night. As the school doors closed the principal announced were back in five days and not to forget. "What did you think of tonight, Xavier?"

 He nodded with delight, "Good, no great, even better I suppose." I floated to his body, "Can we take the picture when we get home?" he finally agreed, since everyone seen our 'costumes'. "When d'ya suppose you'll change back?" 

 "Change back into what?" Patricia interrupted from behind. Xavier locked eyes with me, "Change back to an illustrater." I lied, "Xavier used to draw and he stopped he was thinking of starting again so I was just asking." 

 Patricia nodded at Xavier, "Cool." she admitted, "Hey, you getting a lift home with us? Terry said he was getting a ride home with those lo-lifed Satin brothers." Patrcia rolled her eyes at the thought. "Yeah, sure." Xavier agreed, happy to know Terry wasn't coming along for the ride.

  I dug out the camera as soon as we got home and held it infront of me and Xavier, "Cheese!" as the flash dug multi-coloured patterns into our eyes.