Chap (4)

"Wait, so let me get this straight, Jas. You brought a stranger into your house? Whats the matter with you?!" I never heard this serious tone in Terry's voice before. "Terry calm down he needs help I couldn't just turn him down." I repeated the same story that I told Patricia.

He shook his head looking through the window of the school doors the last bell of school had rang and we decided to have a 'short' chat, "Seriously, Jas... I dunno what has gotten into you lately. I always done what was best for you but... I just think your making a big mistake in bringing this guy into your home like that, what would your father say looking down at you from his view?"

I started to well up inside, my actions spoke louder than my words and I automatically brought my hand up and slapped him across the face I watched his hair dangle from one direction to another. "Oh Gosh! I'm so sorry Terry... So, so sorry."

He rest his hand on the cheek I slapped him on, "Y'know its alright, I shouldn't be talking about you dad like that... I'm just so worried."

"Ha, in all my days with you, Terry I have never seen you say so much to me before." I stepped close and hugged him. "Jas.."

"Yeah, Terry?" I released him from our comfortable hug. "You gotta pick me or your room-mate." He shrugged bending the schoolbag behind his back. I watched him slam the door open and walk down the stoned stairs of our school. "Wow, what was that about? And er, if ya don't mind me asking is your Daddy... Dead?"

I patted the edge of my eyes, preventing watering, "Huh? Oh that's just a completely new stranger to me... Yeah my Daddy's gone 2 years on me now, he managed to pay my house... The stress of money drove him to the end of his journey. I wish I paid it myself instead of getting him involved." I whimpered.

Xavier's eyebrows creased, "Don't cry, I bet he's watching over you right now. Happy to know your safe.." I smiled at Xavier, "That's the same thing my ma is telling me, Xavier. Thanks for the comfort." I started to appreicate him and felt I could let my hair down and tell him everything.

"We should get going Xavier... I'll make us some dinner after homework, Alright?" He nodded and patted my shoulder.

Halfway through our journey to the estate Hopewell Xavier started whispering verses from a song. "I know that song! My Mama and Daddy used to dance with me to it."

Xavier smiled and continued adding volume to his voice, "Your mine tonight Now I've got in my sights, with these hungry eyes one look at you and I can't disguise I got hungry eyes, I feel the magic between you and I." I smiled back and started to sing along with him, without noticing we found ourselves dancing aswell, running and jumping for some sort of effects it finally broke when we got to the outside of my garden.

We were left breathless from the entire way home, "Well, that was new." I laughed. "Thank God to Texas!" Xavier shouted through deep chuckles. "Sssh!" I dodged my eyes around, I have a reputition as a quiet, easily loved and romodel around here I didn't want Xavier to break it, though it turned out the real me seemed to come out since I got know him. Xavier squinted up at the sky, "It's a nice day today, Jasmine."

I looked up at the sky too, not realising how nice it was, "Yeah it is actually." Xavier smiled at me, "Maybe after homework, dinner we could go walking together, I'm just deciding."

I smiled watching his eyes grow into sorrow with no answer, "That's a great idea, Xavier, we'd better get to it er?"

"Xavier, be a dear and set the table for dinner?" I suggested, to speed the processe for our plans. "No problem, Jasmine." He called from the sitroom, "What are we having?" I glared down into the pot tilting my head to the side, "Nothing traditional just spagetti and bolognese." When I turned around he already had the table set, "Really? Huh, I never had that in my life."

"I'd reckon you'll love it." I smiled. "I'll give you a little bit of it and if you like it you can have some more, alright?" He nodded and fell down on the chair awaiting his meal.

When it was done I poured some into my bowl and 3 mouthfuls into his, I settled the pot on the table just incase either of us wanted anymore I served the dishes between us and then I watched his reaction to his meal, "Wow! This is too good! Better than any other meal I had before." He got the spoon from the pot and poured some more in, "I hope you don't mind me digging in like this?"

"It's grand, I won't be eating all of the pot anyway, it'd be going to waste take as much as you like." I offered. We gradually ate in eachothers presence exchanging each others updates of school today. As soon as we were done, I piled the dishes into the dishwasher and grabbed a cardigan. "Where were you thinking of going?" I asked.

"Maybe... Hm, you said this estate was called Hopewell because of a well... Maybe we could go see this well?"

"Sure, I'd be delighted, Beside the well is a lake its pretty to see the water glisten under the sunrays." Xavier accepted the thought of idea and we headed outside the door.

Arriving to the end of the dusty path the well and lake was waiting for us, as usual it wasn't a good tourist attraction so me and Xavier were the only ones here. "Well, this is where Hopewell got its name." I said, proudly to say I was a Hopewell resident.

Xavier circled the well, intrigued by its patterns, "It was made very detailed-ly." I nodded, eyeing the sparkled water. "And this is my favourite part of the journey here. The little lake."I took off my clothes and jumped in leaving me in my underwear. Xavier averted his eyes away from my body. "Oh come on you can look, I do this all the time, coming in?" In a flash he ripped his shirt and trousers off and dived in he splashed the water all over me leaving me dripping wet we both churtled a laugh and that soon faded when I seen Xavier concentrating on my face. He edged closer in the shallow water, I knew what he was going to do and I didn't object to what he was going to do I was waiting for the rest of the day for him to proceed, I stood still not knowing to look away or concentrate on him. He caught hold of my lips with his own and he slid his hands down until waist point. I caught hold of him by the neck and gently forced him into me he then lifted me up until I had my legs wrapped around his waist, I could feel his tongue break through the security of both our lips and then after awhile we stopped when we slowly knew what we were doing. We were friends.

Just friends. How could we have break that friendship? We just got to greedy with ourselves to realise how awkward it would be later on that night. I ruffled my tangled wet hair and peered down at the water watching the drops collide and making ripples.

Xavier was panting, "Jasmine, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to go that far... I think.. I think I love you." I looked into his eyes, "It's alright, Xavier. I think I love you too. I think it's time we get going though."

"Yeah, I suppose your right." He agreed, but I had a my own personal problem involving Xavier and Terry... I love both, but which one is the perfect one? I guess I'd better pick one of those boys...