Chap (9)

Jasmine's P.O.V:

"Hey Jas, me and Ian are gonna head out shopping, wanna come?" Pat suggested while packing some money into her purse. I shrugged and nodded, "Alright, I needa relax I think."

Ian grinned, "Want me to bring Terry? I bet he'll have fun knowing your with us." I thought back to the day we kissed, Xaviers twisted face upset to see us like that, "Yeah, er, maybe not I'm not really interested in him anymore." There was a glint in Ian's eye, "So... Your were interested in him before? Sit down, Patricia this is getting interesting!"

"Oh, now you stop Ian! Your embarrassing her." Patricia laughed at the look on my face. "If were gonna go shopping shouldn't we leave now? To beat the afternoon crowd?" I suggested, softly.

"Yeah Jas is right, come on Ian you can carry my handbag." Ian toppled on one knee, "Oh dearest what an honour!" And plucked the handbag out of her hands making a sickened face. Patricia lightly pushed me out followed by Ian while she locked her door. "I don't have enough money on me Ian so don't even think I'm gonna buy you anything like Horsehead cd's I hate any music like that." I always seen Patricia as a hard going girl but she treated her own boyfriend like a Husband and a Son at the same time. "Pat, do you think I could just have one dollar? I needa get some water." She handed me the dollar note and placed it in my hand lightly to take it.

"Sure!" She smiled. Ian looked from me to Patricia, "Now why does she get one dollar and I get nothing?" Patricia cuddled Ian close, "Don't throw a tantrum now Ian. She needs to get over her loss s'well." Ian folded his arms, "I'll miss him too can I have a dollar?" Patricia swung the lounge room door, where you sign in, open. "Ian, you always talked about how weird he was and you even said he was great at science for his first go and you wouldn't shut up about how stuck up he was."

"There you go! I'm gonna miss dissing him." Ian waved his hands in the air. I stayed out of it, I didn't mind the way Ian didn't like Xavier. It's was his own personal life after all. "Guy's can ye stop complaining? I feel a little dizzy and I have a headache." I pleaded.

"It's alright Jasmine, Ian will shut up when he's done moping around."

"I like moping around it takes me back when I was in my younger years." Ian started the story about how he got what he wanted when he was young all to the thanks of moping. Patricia giggled at each part of the story and constantly said he never changed. Ian dragged both of us by the wrist into VMH music store. Introducing Patricia to Horsehead cd's and Patricia denying to buy their newest single. I flicked through all the rock section smirking at each name and band: Bride veil's black. Morepara, the list could go on. I stopped when I seen one cd in the techno pile it was called The truth with an alien symbol. It was only $3, it must not be that good if it was at that price in a store worldwide, since Patricia gave me a spare dollar I had completed a 7 dollar bank in my pocket. I grabbed the cd and waited in line to purchase it.

The ladie in her twenties checked back and front of the case and stared at me with a curious look, "Are you sure you wanna buy this? It was rated least favorite in the categorie of Techno music."

I nodded, "It's not like I'm buying it for fifty dollars." She shrugged, "Suit yourself." She scanned it through and I handed the money. Patricia joined me when I was done, "What d'ya have there?" I picked the cd out of the VMH flat paper bag, "Oh just a cd on alien music." She gave me an uncertain look, "Since when did you like that kinda junk?"

"Xavier liked this kinda stuff..." She rolled her eyes up, "Not again with Xavier. How d'ya know you'll like it? It's like three dollars and theres fifteen songs! It has to be crap." I shrugged, "I dunno till I try it."

I downloaded the cd onto my iPop watching the screen flash saying 'Syncing' and the peach sign came up to remind me it was made by the Peach Company. Once the last song was downloaded I plugged the earphones in and carefully listened to the many sounds in each song. The cashier was wrong it was good, it must've been the crappy cover that turned people against this stuff.

I lay on the couch and continued to listen, I was able to manage to stay alone in my own house tonight. Patricia said if I found it difficult I could come back to her when Ian's back at home with his own parents and that we could have a slumber party between us like old times.

The clock chimed to tell me it was one o' clock, I've been sleeping three hours uncomfortably on the couch, I delicately rose from the couch feeling stiff and crippled all over. The music in my iPop had stopped with a symbol saying 'Repeat?'. I plucked each earphone out and got up then I trailed myself leading me to the front window, to see a little fire in the meadow where Xavier came from, "It's a little bit early for them to be lighten up any bonfires?" I questioned. Then a thought accured to me, "Xavier!" I slipped my trainers on and grabbed my long knee length jacket and ran outside escaping my neighbourhood to enter the soft meadow.

"Xavier!?" I called out but noticed it wasn't Xavier it was only Terry he was burning some old stuff. "What? Oh that guy you chased after was it?" Terry thrown some more stuff into the fire. "Yeah... Thats the one- what are you doing?" He shrugged, "My mom wanted me to burn some old stuff."

"And your doing it at this hour of the night?" There was a quick silence, "Alright, I over heard that you want to be with Xavier more than me. I don't get it Jasmine. Why him?" I crossed my legs over and sat down and signalled him to sit down beside me, "I think I want you now Terry. Xavier's well gone now."He smirked and shook his head, "So what, am I his subsitute until he gets back or something?" I shook my head, "No... No I wouldn't do that. I made my mind up, I want you. Not him." I sighed. Terry gave me a long look and suddenly pinned me down to the cold grass, "T-Terry what are you doing?"

"You want me don't ya?" He breathed heavily, pulling his shirt off. "Terry, what is the matter with you? Why are you doing this?" I tried to release him off me but he grew muscles since I last noticed. "It shouldn't matter! Your my girl now, Jasmine. My girl.2 He zipped my bottoms off and proceeded to the jacket. "Oh my God! Please Terry I don't wanna do this!" I mumbled my heart beating faster every second, "Well, I do!"

"You used to be so nice, Terry! You changed so much, I don't think I wanna be with you anymore." I cried as he pulled me under him. "Don't you dare say that! You made up your mind, your not gonna change it!" I shook my head violently the tears getting dried in my hair, "Terry!" His patience unhatched and he got up he stepped lightly backwards getting a better look at me, "Ok, fine you don't wanna do this, huh? How about I'll show you the conciquence and then you can pick which one you'd rather!"

"No Terry!" He caught me by the neck and shoved me toward his bonfire, "This! This is gonna happen to you if you don't do as I say!" He roared. I calmed myself down enough to face him, "Terry stop it now! Your scaring me. Do you really want me to get burned alive?" He loosened his grip.

I looked at him he was panting deeply, "I'm so sorry, Jas." He grabbed his shirt and tugged it over him while I zipped my bottoms up and wrapped the jacket around me, "What's gotten into you?" I mumbled. He started to cry I barely heard him half the time with his hands hiding his face in shame. "My dad, Jasmine. He killed my Mom." My eyes widened a little but didn't make them noticable, "Oh Terry, so that's why your acting up." I nestled into him. "I just got so mad. I had to burn everything that belonged to her, I wanted to pretend she never existed."

"It's better to know she existed, Terry. It's no better growing up without even having a proper conversation with a dead relative." Terry bowed his head into his prompt up knees, "It's better to forget what he done to her."

I swallowed a tiny cry, "Don't worry, I'm here for you if you ever need me, so is Ian and Patricia. But your better off staying at Ian's and telling his parents what your Dad did to your Mom." I suggested, in a soft tiny voice. I patted him to show I was leaving as soon as the meadow entrance closed up I knew that Terry was a changed boy.