9: Lo! Defensa!

9: Lo! Defensa!

SAM'S POV

Today is Saturday and the scheduled friendly match between UST and DLSU sponsored by Gatorade to be held at the San Juan Arena.

Our group decided that we'll just use JC's car in going there instead of the riding the DLSU bus.

JC: So who's driving?

JC asked us as we are about to go to the parking lot of our tower.

Jeron: Not the three of us, of course.

JC nodded. Srsly, can driving affect their performance during the game?

Hanna: Not me. I'm having a hard time walking, driving pa kaya.

Hanna sprained her right foot after her 5 inch heels fell off last Thursday.

So it's just between Nica and I.

Nica: Okay guys. You're giving me no choice, I'll drive!

Hanna/Jeron/JC/Thomas: NO!

Nica can't drive. She's been practicing but no progress since who knows when. She's just too gutless for driving. If you've seen how Barney Stinson drove during the 18th episode of HIMYM season 2, that's how she drives.

All eyes are on me now.

Sam: Do I even have a choice?

JC handed me the keys to his car. I was expecting Tho to get the keys from me just like the old times but he didn't. He just walked past me like nothing happened.

Actually, he's been ignoring me since yesterday. He just acknowledged my presence with a simple nod then ignored me for the rest of the day. Yesterday, I asked him something about his sister's favorite cupcake and he just shrugged and turned his back on me.

How can guys be this frustrating? First si Kiefer tapos si Thomas. I won't be surprised if I end up being old and unmarried which I am actually considering right now.

Tho occupied the frontseat while the couples are back there being so clingy with each other. Tho plugged his earphones and closed his eyes. Tss.

As if Tho, you never sleep with music playing on the background.

Sam: Can you old married couples be less clingy out there? You're distracting me.

All four of them laughed. Something that I don't need right now.

Jeron: Too much hate, best friend?

Sam: Why would I hate? You're just distracting me. End of discussion.

Nica: We're not even doing anything in here.

And they are not. Jeron and Hanna are just listening to Jeron's ipod sharing over an earphone. Oh please, too banal. I have read a lot of stories with scenes like this.

While Nica is just trying to sleep with her head on JC's shoulder and my brother's arm around her waist. I hate this one because it reminds me of last Thursday.

Oo na, bitter na nga ako. Tss.

No one said a word after that. The old people at the back continued their sweetness (pfft!) with each other.

I decided to drive really fast to keep them awake. Makaganti man lang. I just want to get to that place as fast as we could which we really did.

The moment I stopped the car, I got out and slammed the door behind me. The air blew strong and it's like a movie scene with a dramatic entrance.