Story 77--Just As Hard (pt 3)

Many people have requested a part 3, and so I have taken some time to think this through. I'm sorry if for most of you I have disappeared from the face of the earth--I just lost interest in these for a while, especially since my interest in Author Games have peaked. 

Anyway, since Christina Grimmie had passed away I have been listening to her covers and songs non-stop, and I came across this one she did with Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider--Sam did his own acoustic in honour for her, which is also below. This isn't exactly much of a song fic--just a little something inspired by this cover. 

Now on with the one-shot. This may be short, and I apologize--but I've got tons of other things to do right now...

~~

Four years. 

It has been four years since he had been fatally wounded, rejected, hurt by your actions and decisions, your choice to leave his side forever. 

Never had he been in such a mess before. It was as if his life had pressed the "Pause" button forever. His career hadn't exactly been at the peak. He flinched at every comment thrown his way about you. He became more solitary, avoiding people entirely as he went home everyday crying nonstop, the tears serving him only as a reminder of his horrible actions of the past--ones that he would never be able to change no matter he tried. He no longer was the person who everyone had admired before. 

Tadashi Hamada was more than just heartbroken. He was depressed, wounded...and, simply enough, no longer himself. 

~~~

You, on the other hand, had begun to feel the aftereffects of the harsh rejection towards your best friend and previous crush. Shortly after you married Moe, you began to have nightmares--flashbacks of that day which you met Tadashi face to face after so long, that day when you saw the hurt in his eyes, the way his confidence crumbled. You have tried so long to move on from that day, but you never did. Every time Moe asked if you were okay you would lie and say you were fine, but it soon became evident that even you couldn't hide the truth any longer. 

"(Y/N)? Are you sure you're okay? You haven't eaten this since two hours ago," Moe reminded you one night as you sat by the kitchen table, moping around with your dinner. 

"Hmm?" You sighed, pushing your dinner away as you glanced into his eyes--the eyes that you once loved, but now couldn't see straight since you saw him again. "I..."

"What's wrong?" Moe asked gently. 

You sighed again, blinking several times as you felt the tears burn behind your eyes. "Moe...ever since we got married I couldn't stop thinking about him. The way I hurt him."

"Who? Tadashi?"

You closed your eyes in response, taking a shaky breath. "I...I..."

Moe seemed to understand. He gently picked your hand up, rubbing his thumb through your fingers. "I always thought something was off lately," he murmured. 

"No. It wasn't just 'lately'," you said. "It's been a while now since...since...Moe, I used to like him and the only reason I wanted you was because you helped me get over him! But now that I saw him again and deliberately turned him down--you don't think there isn't any reason for me not to feel guilty? I hurt my best friend, I hurt my past crush, I hurt the person I never thought I would hurt, though he had once hurt me before! And yet now that I think upon it...I have made the silliest mistake. I really have." You gently pulled your hand out of his, curling up into a ball in your chair. "If only I could turn back time and erase that day forever."