Story 62--Tugging at my Heartstrings (3)

Guide: 

(Y/N): Your Name

(Again, no desire to continue requests or anything...so here is the third part of my proposed novel.)

The next few months flew like a dream. Every day was spent helping Aunt Cass out in the kitchen whenever the boys were out at SFIT, and then in the evening they would tell you stories, and you would play them some good music from your guitar. And each night that you stayed, you enjoyed their company a lot more. It was your music that brought the family closer...and eventually, it made Tadashi fall for you even more since that evening he picked you up from the alleyway. He even got his healthcare bot, Baymax, to help you fix your wrist, and it was healed within a week. 

One day, just near the end of the school year, Aunt Cass was just surfing on the Web for any sign of entry for the San Fransokyo Music Institute when all of a sudden she gave a scream of delight, almost causing you to drop a mug you were cleaning.

"(Y/N) (Y/N) (Y/N)!!!!" Aunt Cass cried, flying over to your still and shocked form behind the counter, hugging you tight.

"What--what's up?" you asked, surprised at her sudden actions. 

"Oh. My. God. (Y/N), you won't believe this!" she said excitedly, grabbing your hand and leading you to her computer. "They are currently accepting students, but this year they would be giving a $5,000 scholarship to a special entrant to the school who wins San Fransokyo Idol this year!" She clapped her hands excitedly. "(Y/N), you are the PERFECT person for this!"

"Wait wait wait," you said. "Seriously? That's--"

"PRETTY SICK!" you heard a young voice call out, and you turned to see Hiro and Tadashi approach Aunt Cass with smiles on their faces. "Hey, Aunt Cass."

Aunt Cass beamed at the boys with a wave. "Hello, boys." Her eyes gleamed as she backed away, letting the boys read through the new policy set by the school. 

"(Y/N), this is your chance!" Tadashi cried, hugging you tight. "You got this! You can totally do this!"

You laughed as you lightly pushed Tadashi away. "Tadashi, are you sure? Remember the first time I tried to make a living as a street musician? That ended pretty horribly, if I recall."

"Ah, (Y/N), you'll be fine!" Hiro encouraged you. "You've been playing for us every night, and I can say that even though Tadashi and I aren't musicians, your talents are seriously improving."

"You--you really think so?" you asked them, feeling your heart lift when you looked at the both of them, Tadashi especially. Somehow you felt that you shared a really strong bond with the older Hamada, and it comforted you to the point where you felt so much warmth it must have been showing on your face as time went by.

Tadashi nodded, smiling gently as he took your hand for the first time, intertwining your fingers with his. This gesture made you blush so hard it felt embarrassing, but he took no notice. "(Y/N). You got the talent. You got the voice, you got the skills. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, right?" 

You nodded back, returning the smile with ease. "Yeah. You're right. I guess I should go for it."

"YAY (Y/N)!" Hiro cried, dancing around you and Tadashi in such a goofy way it made everyone laugh. "YOU GO, (Y/N)!"

You smiled and enveloped the brothers into a hug. "Thank you. Both of you."

*************

"Alright, (Y/N), you can head onstage now," the staff member told you, and you nodded as you gripped onto the neck of your guitar, slinging the belt on your shoulder and walking into the spotlight. It was finally the day of the auditions, just three weeks after the sign-up process, and now Hiro and Tadashi and Aunt Cass were all backstage watching you on a monitor in the waiting room.