Story 28--Tadashi or Tutor?

Guide: 

(Y/N): Your Name

(F/P): Favourite Pastry

(F/D): Favourite Drink

"Fail, fail, and fail," you muttered to yourself as you looked up your grades online for this one course that you seriously hated, Physics. It was required for your degree, and you were currently on a conditional standing. Fail this course would result in a plunge in your average, and that could probably result you from being kicked out of SFIT. And naturally, you hated the course, so you were, yes, flunking.

"Yo (Y/N)!" 

You turned around to see Tadashi drop by your lab, and in a panick you minimized your Internet browser to reveal your notes.

"Hey Tadashi," you grinned, turning your chair around to face him. "What's up?"

"Just thought I'd drop by and see what's going on," Tadashi answered. "I haven't seen you in FOREVER!"

"Well yeah, I haven't seen you in a while either," you said with a casual air, trying not to let the bitterness of your failing grade show. "Um, well, so...how have you been lately?"

"Lonely without you," Tadashi replied. "Speaking of which, I heard 'Cinderella' is finally out in theatres. Do you want to go watch it some time this weekend?"

"Sorry Tadashi, I can't," you responded. 

"Why not?"

"I'm busy," you answered simply, shrugging. 

Tadashi stared at you. "What are you busy with?"

"Stuff," you bluntly answered.

"Like what?"

You shrugged again. "Just stuff. Just..." You sighed in exasperation. "Tadashi, I'm sorry, I just need to cope with some things, okay?"

"Well...okay, I guess," Tadashi shrugged, getting up. "So it's a no this weekend?"

You nodded. "Afraid so."

"Let me know when you're free okay?" Tadashi asked gently before heading out the door.

You nodded, though you knew he couldn't see you.

Fail, fail, fail. If you truly flunked that course everyone--not just Tadashi--would truly see you as a failure. You didn't want to leave SFIT at all, in fear that you would break Tadashi's heart as well as your best friends'. 

Just then, you heard a car horn honk outside. It was your tutor, Michael.

"Hey (Y/N)!" he called from the rolled down window. "How about our tutoring session in Physics?"

You nodded and smiled as you packed your things and ran out of the school, making sure you locked your lab before you did anything else. However, as you ran out, you failed to see Tadashi look out of his window in his own lab to see you greet your tutor and climb in his car, and then the car rolled away from the school before he could do anything.

"What the heck would she be doing with that guy?" Tadashi wondered to himself.

Just then, the lab door opened to reveal Fred, the big-time "school mascot" who was oh so passionate about science in general. 

"And here we go again with the mighty Fred and his scaly companions off to save the..."

Before Fred could finish his statement about saving the world with his invisible scaly minions, he caught sight of a very downhearted Tadashi, and he stopped his acting to walk over to him.