Story 35--Lullaby

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

Brr. You shivered as you entered SFIT, the rain completely soaking you to the skin. You were only just lucky that you had an umbrella and a waterproof rain jacket with you, but even those didn't get you really sick.

"Morning, (Y/N)!" you heard Fred cry, and you waved as the familiar monster-suited guy bounced around the halls.

"Hey Fred," you laughed. "What's up?"

"Not much," he said. "Well, except for the fact that most of us have already landed sick on the second rain day."

"Seriously?" You raised an eyebrow at this observation. "What happened?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I guess I was lucky Heathcliffe picked me up in time, but a whole lot of other people got down sick."

Suddenly, you tensed. "So...who do you know came down?"

"Let's see." Fred started to think. "There's Gogo, who unfortunately caught herself a cold speeding through the rain yesterday. Honey Lemon is fine. Wasabi is fine. Hiro's fine. But Tadashi's...not so good. He called me up yesterday. Said he wasn't feeling too well."

"Is Baymax taking care of him?" you asked.

"Apparently," Fred shrugged.

Just then, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, and Hiro all showed up at the lab, shivering.

"(Y/N)!" Honey Lemon cried, giving you a big hug.

"Hey Honey Lemon," you greeted back, laughing shakily. "Um, what's up?"

"Just that stupid weather is making me filthy!" Wasabi protested, shaking the water out of his hair. "But it's bad enough Gogo and Tadashi had to come down with colds."

"I warned him!" Hiro cried, shaking his head. "Man. When would he ever listen. I don't know what's gotten into him."

"Maybe some kind of distraction," you figured. Then an idea popped into your head, and you zipped your rain jacket up again. "I'm going to see him."

"What?! (Y/N), are you sure?" Hiro asked, grabbing your arm gently.

You laughed. "Of course. I've got the gear. What else is going to stop me from seeing my best friend?"

"Oh alright, if you insist."

"Take care of yourself, (Y/N)!" Fred called after you, and you nodded.

"Thanks guys! I'll see you later!" you called back as you exited the school, braving yet again another rain storm until you reached the Lucky Cat Cafe.

The moment the door opened, Aunt Cass turned to you and your wet form.

"(Y/N)! I thought you were at school!" Aunt Cass cried, running over to you. "Is everything alright?"

"Hi Aunt Cass," you smiled. "I'm fine. Just that this stupid waterproof coat isn't waterproof enough. Ahh well. Is Tadashi here?"

"The poor thing!" Aunt Cass said. "He's got himself a pretty bad cold yesterday for not wearing a sweater and it was super cold! What has gotten into him yesterday?"

You laughed. "I would never know. Anyway, can I see him?"

"Of course. Take all the time you need."

"Thanks Aunt Cass!" you smiled as you headed into the apartment and up the stairs to the boys' bedroom.

You stopped for breath the moment you finished mounting up, and looked around. Hiro's side of the room, as usual, was messy, with blueprints all over the place and his megabot lying on the drawer, his socks strewn all over the floor. You quickly turned your head to Tadashi's side, which was neat and orderly, much unlike his younger brother. But your eyes immediately honed in on the lump sleeping under the covers, and you smiled to yourself as you approached it slowly, making no noise as you got to his side and sat on the chair just not too far away from the bed.