Story 33--Fishy Secrets (2)

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

Because of your sudden leave when Fred asked you about the pool party, he decided to give it a couple days before you made up your mind. But he didn't expect to receive his response so soon.

That same evening after you and Tadashi parted, you called Fred up. He picked up on the first ring.

"(Y/N)! Great to hear from you!" Fred cried into the mouthpiece.

"Hey Fred," you smiled. "Look, I'm sorry for running away from you and everyone else like that. It's kind of rude, and--"

"Nah, it's okay," Fred said in a relaxed fashion, putting the magazine he was reading down. "Sometimes we just need a moment to think about it. Was there something you were scared about?"

"Well...it involves me telling a secret," you simply stated. "I mean, Tadashi already knows it now--"

"Wait. Tadashi knows a secret that you won't tell anyone else?!"

"He just knew," you corrected him. "But anyway, that would involve you changing the venue. You won't mind making your get-together thing at the beach now, don't you?"

"The beach!" Fred was grinning from ear to ear now, though you couldn't see his reaction. "(Y/N), why didn't I think of that? That would be awesome! Just hang on the shores with some awesome music, and then surf the waves or whatever...that sounds pretty sweet."

"Yeah, but I guess...that's where I have to spill my secret," you said. "So far, only Tadashi knows. But I promise that when the time comes, you and the rest of the group will know. Wait, is it just us?"

"Yep," Fred confirmed. "Just me, Wasabi, Gogo, Honey, Tadashi, and Hiro. And you, of course. That's it. Though I don't know if Tadashi's bringing Baymax."

"I doubt it," you said. "But sure. Seven of us won't be too big of a crowd. Though I need you to promise me that once you know the secret, you won't tell anyone about it. I mean, like when you all know, you won't scream it to the world or something."

"Count on it," Fred promised you. "I'll tell Hiro, Wasabi, Honey Lemon and Gogo tomorrow. Though I don't know if Tadashi's already told Hiro."

"I told him not to," you assured him.

"Oooookay," he said. "So you've got a secret that we honestly shouldn't tell anyone?"

"Please, Fred," you begged.

"Okay then," Fred grinned. "So I'll see you tomorrow at school?"

"Yep. See you then."

The two of you hung up and you laid in bed, feeling significantly better. You managed to get Tadashi believe you, though he did seem pretty freaked out at first. How would everyone else react? Would they still treat you the same, or would they start dumping water all over you in hopes of making you a subject of public humiliation? You hoped the latter didn't happen.

Soon you felt fatigue overtake you, and you fell asleep, the last thing on your mind being the saltwater kiss that you and Tadashi shared--your first kiss, your first kiss ever, and that HAD to happen after you spilled your secret. Though to be honest, it wasn't that bad.

You secretly wished for more.

**********************

Fred's get-together was actually on a very warm Saturday evening when everyone was able to show up and get down on the sand and sea. Excitement was in the air as you were picked up by Honey Lemon and Gogo in a fancy convertible, the radio turned up loud for everyone to hear "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars blasting from the speakers in the car.