Story 74--Just As Hard (2)

People have been requesting for a second part so HERE YA GO PEOPLE!

Have you ever had that feeling where you thought you would forever remember a person, a friend who had made such a big impact on you that it would hurt if you let them go after you leave them? That, unfortunately, was what Tadashi was experiencing the moment you left that note on his desk, realizing that you are no longer just a block away, but now several kilometers and distances beyond his reach. But in the meanwhile, you managed to get around well without him, eliminating as many memories of him as possible. You locked away the charm bracelet Tadashi gave you in a drawer, and put all of your SFIT things and anything related to Tadashi or San Fransokyo at all in that same drawer as well, trusting yourself never to look in it as long as Tadashi was still around dating Honey Lemon and breaking your heart even further. 

"Well, guess you messed yourself up, big time," Hiro said to his brother one day, just five years after you left San Fransokyo for your mom's internship opportunity, and you had to switch schools. 

Tadashi, having just come back from a date with Honey Lemon, frowned when he heard Hiro's words. "What do you mean, Hiro?"

"Hmm. Let's see." Hiro mocked some serious thinking by tapping on his chin before he finally came up with what he had to say. "Ah. Alright. So, you are dating Honey Lemon, but here's the thing. Once upon a time you and another girl have been very best friends too, just like you and Honey Lemon. People have been thinking that maybe you and she would end up together.  But no! You and Honey Lemon ended up together and now the other girl has left San Fransokyo with a broken heart, knowing that she would never be able to fill your heart with as much happiness as Honey Lemon probably did."

For a moment, Tadashi was baffled. "What in earth's name are you talking about, Hiro?"

"Seriously? Which one of us have left San Fransokyo to literally halfway across the world for her mom to fulfill her internship opportunity?" Hiro reminded him with a slight steel edge in his voice. 

Tadashi had to rack his brains for this one. Gogo? No, she's still here. Honey Lemon, he's dating. And then...there was someone else... "What was her name?"

Hiro groaned. "(Y/N)! (Y/N) (Y/L/N)! Doesn't that at least ring a bell?"

"(Y/N)?" Suddenly, something in Tadashi' made him double over in pain, and he collapsed on his bed, removing his hat and running a hand through his hair. (Y/N), (Y/N)...why does your name sound so familiar and yet bring so many painful memories?

"And if you don't recall anything, she left you this," Hiro said, pulling out a note from Tadashi's desk and handing it to him. 

Tadashi unfurled the note and read it quietly, recalling the pain he felt in his chest as if it was just on that same day, when you already packed your things up and left. It was that day when he knew he lost a friend, someone he used to love...and still does. And what did he do instead? He unintentionally broke your heart, like Hiro said.

"Where is she now?" Tadashi asked.

"How am I to know?" Hiro retorted. "It's been a while since she's gone. Why don't you go and search the world for her?"

"I can't," Tadashi whispered, looking down.

Hiro shook his head in absolute disgust. "Well, then, you greatly disgust me. You let her go, permanently. I guess you seriously did screw things up." With that, he left the room to go help out his Aunt, just to get away from Tadashi.

A swirl of memories floated in Tadashi's memory now--memories of the both of you being together. How happy they used to be, and now tinged with sadness when he realized he would never live them with you again. He failed you as a friend. He failed to make you happy, keep you that way.