Story 10--The Lucky one (part 2)

Check out Part 1 if you haven't yet!! :)

The rest of the school year passed by without another worry in the world. You and Tadashi had become very close friends. Every day you sat together at lunch, told each other some interesting secrets (besides Brittney and Marlene totally dissing on you) and your hopes and dreams, even hung out together sometimes after school because you two were both so busy during the day. The rest of the students making fun of you meant nothing to you. Thanks to Tadashi, you have become so much stronger now, so much more "immune" to the hateful comments surrounding you.

One day near the end of freshman year, you were just packing up your bags by your locker when you heard a "hey".

You look up to see Tadashi standing there with a silly grin on his face.

"Oh, hey Tadashi," you grinned back, shouldering your bag. "What's up?"

"Oh not much. I--"

Before he could complete his sentence, a girl with blonde hair pushed him out of the way.

"Oh I'm sorry," the girl said, and you recognized the voice all too well.

"Brittney," you muttered through gritted teeth.

"(Y/N)," she smirked at you. "What a surprise to still see you here. Had a good freshman year without us? Too bad you couldn't be with us. We had so much fun. Without you."

"I actually had quite a lot of fun too," you say, shrugging like it was no big deal. "Just not in the same way you guys did."

Brittney gave out a loud huff. "Oh really? Does Tadashi even like you?"

You froze. "Well...of course he does...why else would he want to be my friend in the first place?"

"To embarrass you," she stated. "Besides, you know he likes me. He came up to me one day--yesterday, in fact--and told me 'Oh Brittney, you look so beautiful. I can't stop thinking about you all day. I think I may be in love with you.'"

Neither of you noticed that Tadashi was gaping at the both of you as you argued. In fact, you didn't see Tadashi since Brittney knocked him over.

"Prove it," you said, putting your bag down and balling your fists.

Brittney turned her head to one corner. "Marlene!" she called.

The other girl that you loathed so much, Marlene, came over.

"Tell me. Did Tadashi say that he loves me yesterday after school?" Brittney asked her.

Marlene looked white with shock, but she nodded. "Um, yeah."

You felt a wave of emotion crash into your chest. You tried to control yourself, but you felt your temper rise. This was the first time you ever found some inner strength within you to fight back.

"Oh poor (Y/N)," Brittney pouted. "Even her best friend turned her down because she is a freak."

"Don't you dare say anything like that to me!" you growled. You suddenly felt arms hold you back. Afraid to see who it was, you didn't turn back, but you knew it wasn't Tadashi.

"Oh look at that," Brittney smirked. "Tadashi's being all protective over the girl he doesn't care about. I really don't know what to say." She spotted the teddy bear key chain on your bag, went over to it, took it in her hand, and took it off your backpack.

"Give it back!" you cried, struggling against your restraints.

Then something hit you. If she believed Tadashi liked her, why did she push him over? Was it just to try and get him off of you? Whatever the case, that wasn't the right way to treat her man. You narrowed your eyes in suspicion, glaring at the bear in her hands, as if any moment she would just drop it like it was a piece of hot coal.

"Aww. Isn't this cute. Did Tadashi give this to you? Or did your freaky parents give this to you?"

You couldn't speak. You knew deep down this fight was going to just get worse.

Brittney chuckled to herself as she pocketed the bear. "I'm surprised you didn't suffer as much as we wanted you to," she finally admitted to you. "Who knew that the most popular boy in our grade would want to hang out with you, the most childish and know-it-all person in the school? You know, I think this meeting would be your last one with him." She took out a small blade from her purse.

Your eyes widened. Weren't blades not allowed?

Just as she positioned the blade by your face, she was knocked over this time by Tadashi, who seemed to have recovered himself. Brittney fell over on the floor of the hallway, he hair now a complete mess in her ponytail, and her makeup now completely smudged and destroyed.

"I would not have any weapons go near my best friend," he said, glaring at her. "Now leave her alone or else I'm going to turn you in to the police."

Shuddering, Brittney got herself back up, threw the bear on the floor, and motioned to Marlene. "Come on," she muttered, and the two girls left. The restraints put on you were loosened, and you turned to see one of the old bullies who "worked" for those popular snobs. He glared at you but didn't say anything, just walked away.

Once the halls were completely empty and rid of these people, you turned to Tadashi, unable to hide the hurt in your eyes.

"Is it true?" you whispered.

Tadashi shook his head. "No--(Y/N)--"

Tears were flowing out of your eyes again. You couldn't help it. You picked your backpack up and ran out of the school, Tadashi following right behind you. A large green expanse by a lake greeted your sight, and you stopped right there, on a pier near the lake, sitting there and just looking at yourself sadly as the tears streamed down your cheeks.

"(Y/N)..."

You saw another face looking back in the reflection of the water and you turned. Tadashi took a seat beside you with complete worry.

"(Y/N), I didn't say any of this to Brittney, I promise!" he cried. "She's just using this to hurt you again." He noticed the sad look in your eyes and softened. "You didn't know, did you?"

You nodded. "I guess I take things way too seriously. I try to ignore them but I guess it's hard. Especially since...over time you start caring more about your best friend than anyone. I..." you took a deep breath, and the next few words came out as a whisper. "I don't want to lose you."

Tadashi cupped your face with his hand. "(Y/N), remember the sticky note I put in your locker? Don't listen to them. You're one of my best friends now. And...maybe a bit more." You saw his face turn a tad red. "I...I really, really like you, (Y/N)..."

You couldn't believe your ears. Tadashi Hamada, the most popular boy in your grade, fall for you, a freak?

"You'd rather take me over Brittney any day?" you ask him teasingly, a smile finally forming back on your face.

"Who says like forces had to attract?" he answered before taking your face in his hands and leaning in.

You feel your lips connect with his and you close your eyes, the summer heat radiating through your skin as emotions just bubbled inside you, spilling through your entire body. When you finally let go, you gave him a weak smile.

"Tadashi..." You finally gave him a hug, and he wrapped his arms around you in return. "I really like you too."

Tadashi grinned as he let you go and handed you the teddy bear. "I won't let this happen again. I...I was just so shocked when I saw you with Brittney." He chuckled. "I never liked her. And I would never be with her. Don't you worry."

You playfully shoved him, laughing.

"How about I walk you home?" he asked, getting up and extending a hand.

"I thought you'd never ask," you said, accepting it and getting up. And the two of you walked back to your place, hand in hand.

AWW, just a little something short and sweet. There WILL be a part 3 (and possibly a 4) coming up. Hope you enjoy this!

-clara_hamada