Story 45--Who am I to you? (2)

"Tadashi? Is that...you?"

Your voice quivered with slight fear as you laid the unconscious Tadashi in your lap, kneeling on the ground shakily. Fingers kept playing with the short hairs on Tadashi's head, not as soft as you thought they would have been but still soothing against your skin, helping you, in some way, hold on to reality. Your head felt like it was going to explode, your left side bleeding almost profusely. Your vision was even spinning slowly, revolving round and round in a blur of colours, and any moment now you felt like you were going to faint.

What were you even thinking, trying to avoid that fight with the woman who set the plot up with Callaghan? "I have the support of everyone I love behind me." Yeah right. Look at where you ended up. Who knew if anyone would still accept you anymore? Especially since you didn't contact the rest of the gang before you acted. What would they think? Would Tadashi, should he ever wake up, even accept your actions?

Oh gods. Not Tadashi. The rolling thoughts came back to you, the thoughts of you needing him beside you or else you would completely give out. Without him, you were nothing. What were you with him then?

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!"

You looked up to see Hiro and the rest of his buddies approach you, and to your surprise they weren't wearing their gear. Stunned, you turned away from them, bowing your head, feeling the tears stream through your eyelids, the weight on your head so heavy you feared your neck would snap.

"H-Hiro...guys..." you managed to say before sobbing it full out. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Fred asked. "Not calling us?"

"Look, I thought something was fishy when I saw the news," you retorted, not looking up at them. "So of course I went to investigate, but then...I realized...it was a mistake..."

"Hey. It'll all be okay."

You looked up to see Honey Lemon kneel down beside you and put a hand on your shoulder. Then she gazed down at the person lying unconscious on your lap, and gasped. "(Y/N), is that...is that..."

Her whisper was so soft you could feel her fear emanating from her as she gave you a side embrace, weeping on your shoulder, shaking almost as violently as you were.

You shook your head. "I...I can't be sure, but the news did mention...him."

"What's going on?"

Hiro approached you and Honey Lemon and almost choked on his voice. "Is that..."

"I don't know," you whispered. "But I feel he has to be."

None of you noticed Baymax scan Tadashi.

"The patient in (Y/N)'s lap matches the same DNA as Tadashi Hamada," Baymax concluded. "However, I do not seem to understand how that is possible. Hiro mentioned to me that he had died in a fire."

"But the news thought otherwise," you told Baymax. "I mean, they did put forth rumours. I guess I have to put those rumours to rest and say that they are right." Then you looked at everyone. "Why did you come without your armour?"

"We knew...we knew how much he meant to you," Gogo said. "I mean, it was kinda obvious, wasn't it, how much you...you know."

Almost immediately your breath hitched as you looked up at Gogo. "You knew? You knew, all this time, and..."

"Yeah. I just didn't want to say anything but..." For the first time, you saw tears well up in Gogo's eyes. "Just go for it. He's alive now. He's here. Literally. Just as Baymax always said."

"I'm calling the ambulance," Honey Lemon piped up, pulling out her phone and dialling 911 immediately.

Hiro then looked over at you and smiled. "I don't hold anything against you and my brother either...you two seemed really close when I went around in the lab that evening, remember?"