1.1

Is there somewhere you can meet me?

I got the text an hour ago and still have no idea how to reply. Luke had texted me twice since our talk in the café. The same things both times.

A knock at the door startles me, which I guess is to be expected since literally everything startles me.

I walk slowly to the door and before I could get to the peep hole I hear a voice.

"Hannah I know you're on the other side just let a bitch in."

I hear his voice and swing the door open wildly, revealing my best friend. "Benn!" I yell before I tackle him into a tight hug.

"Painful." He manages to muster out.

I laugh and pull away. "Enjoying your last week here?" I frown and turn on my heel into my room. "Hannah..."

"What?" I say as I desperately try to avoid eye contact with him, pretending to shuffle through my bags.

"What are you up to?" He's getting closer behind me.

"Nothing, Benn." I take a deep breath. "Its fine." I say as my voice begins cracking. "Everything's-" and before I can get the rest out I groan loudly and swiftly turn around, catching Benn off guard. "I invited Luke to come back to New York with me." I finally blurt out.

His face drops and then quickly turns to anger. "You did what?!" He shouts.

"Benn just listen." I say before he starts yelling at me.

"Good luck with that." I hear Michael say as he walks through my door. "Forgot my key." He mumbles as he walks into his own room.

Benn rolls his eyes and looks back at me. "Continue."

I sigh. "He wanted me to send him his stuff but I didn't wanna do that so I accidentally offered to let him come back for a day or two so he could mail some stuff and take the rest with him." I groan and flop down face-first onto my bed. "I'm so stupid."

"Not gonna argue with that." Benn says.

"That's a first." Michael mumbles from his room.

Benn groans loudly and walks over to Michael's door. "Fuck off." He says before slamming the door. "Now." He says as he turns back towards me. "Are you gonna answer that?"

I look over at my phone to see Luke had texted again.

I really need to see you.

Of course you do... I sigh and look over at Benn. "Help me?"

He shakes his head and walks towards the door. "Sorry you're on your own this time." He says before walking out the door.

I once again groan loudly and flop onto my bed.

I look up to see Michael standing in the doorway, shaking his head.

"What?" I say with more attitude than usual.

"You want my advice?"

"Not even a little bit."

He continues shaking his head and walks over and sits on the bed beside me.

"Be honest with him." He blurts out after nearly a minute of silence.

I look over at him, clearly as confused as usual. "Huh?"

"My relationship might be deteriorating, but that won't stop me from saving yours." He lays down beside me. "Go talk to Luke. And be one hundred percent honest with him."

I sigh and stand up. "I guess I'll be going then." He waves me off, still laying flat on his back on my bed.

I look down at my phone to see I had gotten another text.

Is there somewhere you can meet me?