0.9

"Hey Hannah."

I'm sitting in the café and I hear a deep voice say my name, causing my head to shoot up. "Oh." It was him. "Hi Luke."

He sits down across from me and I feel my stomach get tight, like he had kicked me in the gut. Actually, I'd rather be kicked in the gut. "What's up?"

"I wanted to ask you something." He says looking down at his hands.

Oh fuck. "Sure, what's on your mind?" I say as calmly as I can for someone that's internally freaking the fuck out.

He looks up at me and smiles, then looks back at his hands which were intertwined with each other on the table. "Could you mail the rest of my stuff to me?" I feel my stomach knot again, but not for the reason I'd thought...

"...That's it?" I say almost too obviously disappointed.

"Um, yeah?" He chuckles. "I'll pay for it because I know it'll be pretty expensive." He starts chuckling again and my stomach starts doing fucking front flips again.

"Sure, Luke. That'd be fine." I say weakly.

I got an idea and before I could actually think about what I was gonna say and how fucking stupid it was, I blurted it out. "Or you could come back with us for a few days." I instantly regret it, my "Hannah you're fucking stupid" face was probably incredibly prominent across my face. As well as how hot and red it was now.

"Sure."

Wait what. "Huh?" I asked, incredibly confused.

"I'd love to. I kinda miss our place."

My place, Lucas, don't get ahead of yourself. 

"Oh, ok. Great." Even though my outside was smiling I could feel Mu insides slowly dying over what I had just offered. "I gotta go." I say abruptly as I run out of the Booth.

"Hannah." I hear Luke call for me and spin around swiftly. "See you around." He says with a sly smile. I smile weakly and spin around just as swiftly ad I had done before and sped as fast as my little legs would take me back to the hotel.