Chapter 37

Addison's P.O.V ~

As soon as I saw Harry standing behind me, my first instinct was to get up and start pounding on his chest. I wanted to yell and scream at him for putting he through this again, for breaking me again. But instead, I stayed sitting down and looked up at him, waiting for him to say something.

I noticed how different he looked as I examined him. The sparkle that used to be in his eyes was gone, his face looked thinner and his hair was messier than normal. I looked at his hands and saw that now both of them were bandaged up and shoved in his pockets. He looked thinner than before, his pants were barely hanging off of his hips and every couple of seconds he had to pull them up so they wouldn't fall off. He had dark circles under his eyes, almost like mine. He didn't look like my Harry, the Harry I know is always smiling and full of life. This Harry.. he was drained and looked like he wanted to give up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, finally breaking the unbearable silence.

"I was looking for you." He replied quietly.

"So now you want to look for me? You know you could have just fucking called me or sent me a one word text message, but instead you chose to ignore me like we never happened." I spat as my anger continued to grow.

"Addison-" Harry started to say but I cut him off by putting my hand up.

"No, no Harry. I'm tired of your bullshit excuses. You have no fucking clue what you've been putting me through for the past eight days. I barely eat, and when I do I can barely keep it down. I can't sleep because I keep having that stupid nightmare every time I try to close my eyes. I have to deal everyone asking me if we're still together when I have no idea. I tried calling you, did you know that? You probably do since you ignored it. And I left the stupidest voicemail because I was a wreck. You wrecked me Harry, again. And you know what sucks the most?" I paused. Harry just looked at me with his empty eyes and shook his head.

"What sucks the most is that I actually thought things would be different this time. I thought we could finally be happy together after all this time of being miserable, but instead you decide to break me. You promised you wouldn't hurt me like you did before, yet this is exactly what happened when you left for the X-Factor. I became so convinced this would end up like last time, that I prepared myself for when I saw you for the first time in almost three years again. I imagined me going into a fucking coffee shop and you being there with someone else. I imagined you seeing me and everything flashing before your eyes as I walked towards you and asked how you've been, like nothing ever happened. That's how convinced I was that you weren't coming back." I finished as I tried my hardest to hold in all the tears that suddenly threatened to come back.

Harry just looked at me with his once bright eyes before he looked down at his feet and said nothing.

"Why are you even here if you aren't going to say anything?" I asked him and wiped a tear from my cheek. Harry still stayed silent and continued to stare at the ground.

I shook my head and got up from the ground before I started to walk away, since this conversation was absolutely pointless. I was walking away from a part of me, and as I continued to walk away I felt everything inside me crumble into a million pieces. I let the tears fall as I was getting closer to the road, when I heard him calling my name.

"Addison!" He yelled but I continued to walk and ignore him.

"Addie!" He yelled again, but this time he seemed to be closer.

"Fuck." I muttered to myself as I stopped and turned around to find Harry running towards me.

***