Chapter 1

I wanna be drunk when I wake up

On the right side of the wrong bed

And never an excuse I made up

Tell you the truth I hate

What didn't kill me

It never made me stronger at all
.

The lyrics ran through my head as I worked on my Anatomy homework. It was a lonely Saturday afternoon as usual which meant doing my weekend homework. My mum was off at work, leaving me alone in our huge house. My dad died when I was 10 from lung cancer. It didn't really surprise us, that's what happens when you smoke a pack a day for 25 years. So now it was just me and my mum. I was used to it. I would go off to school while Mum went to work. Usually she'd get home fairly late so I would either make dinner or order pizza. That's just what I was accustomed to.

"That's the scaphoid.. Or is that the capitate?" I said to myself. No wonder I was failing this class.

I was halfway through my senior year of high school, my spring break was just around the corner. I was planning on going to the University of Westminster to study nursing after my graduation, but I was still unsure. Knowing I had to grow up in such a short amount of time scared the hell out of me. It felt like yesterday that I was in year six.

I kept humming along to the music playing from my iPhone when it suddenly stopped and started to ring with my best friend's ringtone. I swiped across the screen and placed the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Nat. What's up?" I answered.

"Have you finished the Anatomy homework? I swear I'm never going to need to know the name of every bone in the hand." Natalie whined into the phone.

Natalie and I have been best friends ever since her family moved across the street when I was five. We instantly clicked and were joined from the hip ever since. She's been there through everything, even when I was at my lowest two years ago.

"No actually. I just started it. You really need to start doing your own homework you know."

"Blah, blah, blah. I know it, I just don't apply myself. Well, that's what my parents say." She said, her voice slightly muffled as she moved her papers around.

"Right." I said, my voice filled with sarcasm.

"Hey. I need to tell you something that I heard, but please don't get all Addie on me."

"Get all Addie on you? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You know how you get when you hear bad news. You kinda freak."

"I think anyone freaks over bad news."

"Whatever. Now are you going to let me tell you or not?" I stayed silent and waited for her to continue.

"I saw on this article online that Harry's coming back to Cheshire."

Her words made my blood run cold. That was the absolute last thing I thought would come out of her mouth. Just the sound of his name makes me mad, that's mainly why I never listen to the radio anymore. I can't go anywhere without hearing his name or hearing his voice. It was like he was haunting me or something.

"You're kidding." I said as more of a statement than a question.

"Nope. It said he's coming back for something, and I think that something is you Addison." She said cautiously. Natalie knew how I got whenever we talked about Harry.

"Yeah, I doubt that. He's had two years to do something. I doubt he's going to start now." I replied with annoyance in my tone.

Harry Styles and I were best friends since we were little. Our mums went to school together and remained close so we grew up together. He was like my brother up until we reached our teen years. Something about him changed, and the way I felt about him changed too. But once I realized how I felt, it was too late. Harry went off to audition for the X-Factor without even telling me. Not even as much as a fucking email to say goodbye. So much for being best friends huh? Now he's a part of this big boy band being chased around by girls daily. He probably forgot about me anyway.

"Well I just wanted to warn you just in case he did come around. And if he does, call me. I'd like to kick him in the balls just as much as you do." Natalie said with a laugh.

I couldn't help but laugh along with her. "Alright. Well I have to go Nat. My mum's going to be home any minute. I'll see you on Monday."

"Bye Ad." She said before I heard the light click on the other line. I placed my earphones back in and started playing my music again.

The thought of seeing Harry again sent chills down my spine. I hated him with every fiber of my being. I can just hope he isn't stupid enough to try to see me, because I'll just shut him out. Something I'm used to doing.

Author's Note: Thanks for reading guys! Please comment/vote, it would be greatly appreciated! And thank you for the 97 reads and 5 votes! And a picture of Natalie is on the sidebar!