Chapter 7

Harry's P.O.V~

Wow, she actually agreed to give me five minutes of her valuable time. Honestly, I was getting just as annoyed with Addison as she was with me. We were almost to where I wanted to take her, the nearby lake. When we were kids, we could come here every chance we had and jump into the lake with the rope that my mum tied to a tree. Even when it was freezing cold we would jump in there. We were just kids, we didn't know any better. Addison would always say it reminded her of her favorite movie, The Notebook. We probably watched that movie a million times since it was the only one she wanted to watch.

Once Addison agreed to give me five minutes, she kept staring out the window so she wouldn't have to make eye contact with me. She was acting like being around me was the worst thing in the world, even thought I could think of plenty other things that were worse.

I spotted a glimpse of the lake a couple yards away as I took a left to park my car. As soon as I put it in park, Addison quickly opened her door and walked around the car and headed to the tree. I took a moment to look as she stopped in front of the tree with her arms crossed.

"Here we go." I sighed as I opened my door and caught up to her. I got a couple feet away from her and noticed that she was staring straight ahead at the tree. I finally got to her side and we stood in silence for a while.

"I haven't been here since you left." She said in a low whisper. I looked down at her and saw that she was chewing on her bottom lip as she stared at the tree.

"Why?" I asked, hoping that wouldn't trigger more anger.

"Too many memories." She replied. I quickly scratched the back of my head before shaking my hair and putting it to the side.

"You still do that?" Addison asked with the slightest smile on her face.

"Yeah. It's a habit I guess." I mumbled.

More silence.

"You have five minutes Harry." She said, more firm than how her voice was just moments before. I turned to face her to see an impatient look on her face.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked, my brows furrowed. Addison raised her eyebrow as if that was a rhetorical question.

"You left Harry. I'm not just going to forgive you that easily."

"But I'm here now. Doesn't that count for something?" I asked in a pleading tone. Addison let out a laugh as she looked down at her feet then back at me.

"You know I called you everyday for months, because you ignored every single one of them. I didn't receive anything, no text messages, no emails, nothing. You left without having the decency of even telling me that you never wanted to talk to me again." She spat at me, tears slowly filling her eyes.

"Do you think I wanted to do that to you? You are my best friend Addie."

"Was. I was your best friend." She quickly corrected me. "If I saw that you were hurting as much as I was, I would have been there for you. That's the difference between you and me. I actually gave a shit about you."

Her last words caught me off guard. I didn't realize.. I didn't know how bad this had become.

"Well I'm here now, and I'm going to make things right." I said, trying to make her feel slightly better.

"You can't make up for two years, eight months and three weeks in a couple days Harry. You just can't." Addison responded softly.

I shoved my hands in my trousers and looked down at the gravel. Addison uncrossed her arms and left them at her sides before she started walking to the car. My five minutes was up. That was it. I tried and I failed miserably. I rubbed my eyes to keep the tears from falling and took a deep breath in and out before going back to the car as well. Addison was already buckled in and I noticed that streaks were on her face like she had been.. crying. Over me. I was about to put the keys in the ignition when I stopped myself and turned to face her.

"Look at me Addison." I demanded. Addison looked ahead for a moment before her brown eyes met mine. They were puffy and watery which absolutely killed me inside.

"I'm sorry. I know what I did was stupid and selfish and I'm so sorry that I ever hurt you in the first place. I know I can't make up for the time that I was gone but I'm here now and I will do everything in my power to make this up to you Addison." I told her. Addie just stared blankly at me as her eyes got even more watery.

"I just want to know why." She choked as she tried to hold back tears. "Why didn't you just call?"

"I.. I was scared that you'd hate me for leaving. I was scared that you wouldn't want to talk to me anymore so I thought it would be easier if I just.. if I just left. I thought it would hurt you less if I did what I did, but obviously I was wrong." I said in a whisper. Addison wiped away at the tears falling down her cheeks and looked down at her hands. That was only part of the reason, she wasn't ready for the other part yet. She was already broken enough.

"You ruined me." She said and forced a smile to try to lighten what she just said.

"I know.. I know. And I will hate myself for it for the rest of my life." I told her. I looked down at her hand and saw that it was shaking. I looked from her face to her shaking hand multiple times before I slowly reached my hand over and placed it on top of hers. My touch caused her to jump a little bit, but she didn't move her hand from under mine. I slowly rubbed the top of her hand with my thumb until it stopped shaking, then an idea popped into my head. I removed my hand from hers and held it out like I was meeting her for the first time.

"Hi. I'm Harry. And you are?"

Addison cocked her brow upward before a small smile formed on her face. She looked down at my hand and held out hers as well, taking a firm grasp on mine and shaking it.

"I'm Addie." She said warmly. I couldn't help but smile back at her as we sat there shaking hands.

It wasn't how I imagined this would go, but it was a start.

**********

I got back to our hotel after taking Addison home to be welcomed by eight eyes staring straight at me. My eyebrows furrowed as I slowly closed the door behind me and started walking further into the room.

"Well? How did it go mate?" Louis asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Better than I thought it would actually." I replied with a small smile. I saw Louis punch Zayn in the arm, like he won some kind of bet or something. Then Zayn placed something in Louis' hand. Yupp, they made a bet.

"You seriously bet on how it would go?" I asked them, trying not to burst into laughter. Louis and Zayn just shrugged.

"Why not?" Zayn replied before putting his feet up on the coffee table. I rolled my eyes and joined them on the couch in the center of the room.

"So, tell us how it went." Liam told me as he nudged my side.

"Well, we made a truce I suppose."

"A truce?" Niall and Louis asked at the same time.

"Yeah, we kind of started over. We introduced ourselves and everything." I said, hoping they wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

"What happened before the truce?" Niall asked.

"There was yelling and crying.. Mostly on her part but I did too." The lads nodded at my explanation and didn't ask anything for a while.

"So can we go home now? Since you're friends with Ad now?" Zayn asked me. I knew they were anxious to get back home, but I wasn't finished here. I still wanted to tell Addison how I really felt, I want to gain back her trust.

"No, sorry lads. But I'm not forcing you to stay. I'll be fine by myself." All four of them exchanged glances as if they were having a conversation in their heads before turning to face me again.

"We'll stay with you Haz." Louis said with a warm smile. "We can't let you do this alone." He said as he patted my shoulder.

"Thanks lads. You're the best." I said before standing up and forcing everyone into a group hug.

I didn't know how long I would be here but as long as I'm here, Addison is the only important thing to me. I wasn't leaving without a fight, or without her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please keeping voting and commenting on each chapter, I would really appreciate it! The next chapter will be posted on Wednesday!