Chapter 9

Addison's P.O.V ~

I got to Natalie's as fast as I could and started knocking on her door repeatedly before she answered. We made eye contact before I walked in without saying anything.

"Oh hi Addie. Why don't you come in?" She said mockingly as she followed behind me.

I threw my bag on the floor and plopped face down on the nearest couch before letting out a load groan. I was stressed out. I was annoyed. And all because of Harry.

"So are you going to tell me what happened or are you just going to drown in your sorrows?" Natalie asked before sitting down on the floor facing me. I lifted my head up from the couch and stared at my best friend. I honestly didn't know where to start.

"When did my life become so screwed up? Why can't I have a normal life for once? I want to be able to look at Harry without hating him with every part of me. I want to be able to have a decent relationship with my mum. Why can't I do that? Is there something wrong with me?" I cried out. I sat up straight and ran my fingers through my hair and moved it to the left side. Natalie just looked at me with a blank stare, her eyes slightly squinted.

"Your life can't be perfect Ad. And honestly, normal is pretty boring if you ask me." She said with a smirk.

"Don't make fun of me! This is serious Nat. I can't do this anymore."

Natalie stood up from the floor and sat next to me on the couch. She placed her small hand on my knee to try to get me to look her in the eye, but I couldn't.

"Addison. I know you're scared." I finally looked at her with a questioning look, waiting for her to explain. "You're scared that if you let Harry in again, he'll hurt you. And you have every right to feel like that, but you can't let one person dictate your life. Ever since he left, you've been different. You don't let people in, hell you barely let me in half the time. And you take your anger out on the people around you. Especially your mum. Do you know why she did what she did today? Because she's worried about you like I am. She wants you to be happy again, whether than includes Harry or not. But Ad, you can't shut him out forever. He came back for a reason, for you. If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have done it. Now please, please just try with him. If he's still a dick, then you'll never have to see him again. But you know as well as I do that he's not the same person he was almost three years ago."

Damn it, why did Natalie have to be right all the time? Ever since Harry left, I've been shutting people out like it was normal. I just found it better to be alone than to get close to someone and get left again. Now I was taking my anger out on the people that have been there from the beginning.

"Can I still stay here tonight? I don't think I should go back home yet. Mum's still probably pissed." I asked Natalie.

"Of course. You're always welcome here Ad." She said with a warm smile. I attempted to smile back at her before I got up from the sofa.

I started to walk into Natalie's kitchen and I heard her walking behind me. I opened her fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting on the counter. Natalie sat on the counter across from me so we were facing each other.

"So, on a lighter note. How did things go with Harry?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"Uh, good actually. He took me to the lake that we used to go to when we were younger."

"Did he say why he left?" I looked up at her before answering.

"He said he was scared of how I would react, so he thought it would be easier on me if he just left. Obviously he was wrong." I said cautiously. Natalie raised her eyebrow, probably since she noticed how uncomfortable I was answering her.

"I don't know.. I feel like he's not telling me something."

"Well, are you going to see him again?" She asked.

"I gave him my number because he said the lads wanted to meet me or something like that. So it's all up to him."

A part of me hoped Harry would call me, but the other part of me didn't want him to. I didn't want to let him in again and have him leave. He's a pop star, why would he waste his time on me? I'm just the girl he grew up with. Now he was beautiful models and actresses drooling all over him. I'm just Addison Miller. I'm plain. I'm not extremely beautiful like the girls he's dated.

"Earth to Addison. Are you still in there?" Natalie said and waved her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I zoned out for a sec."

"Do you want him to call?" She asked. Wow, she was full of questions wasn't she.

"I don't know Nat." I mumbled before moving my hair to the side again. I looked at the clock on the microwave and saw that it was already past 11. Damn, I didn't know it was that late.

"I'm tired Nat. I'm gonna go to bed." I said before getting off the counter. I went back into the front room and grabbed my bag and realized I didn't bring any clothes.

"Can I borrow some clothes? I didn't get a chance to bring some before I stormed out of my house." I asked my best friend.

"Sure. Just grab something from my dresser." She said as she walked up the stairs.

I followed her up the stairs as I thought about what happened today. I started over with Harry and now I'm fighting with my mum. Why is my life so screwed up?

**********

Harry's P.O.V~

It's been two days since Addison and I.. made up I guess is a way to put it. I haven't called her yet because the lads said there was some two day rule after you get a girl's number before calling her. I thought it was ridiculous since it was just Addison, I've known her practically my whole life. It's not like I planned on taking her out on an actual date, even though it wasn't such a bad idea.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts before finding Addison's. I smiled at her contact name before tapping on the number. It rang three times before she answered.

"Hello?" Addison answered, sounding like she had just woken up.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked.

"Oh, no you're fine. What's up?"

"Uh, I was wondering if you were still interested in meeting the lads." I asked nervously, stuttering a couple times.

"Oh yeah. Of course. When?"

"Whenever you're free. Just let me know."

"Uhm.. How about tomorrow after I get home from school?"

"That's perfect. Text me when you're on your way."

"Okay. Oh wait, is it okay if I bring Natalie? She wants to meet the lads as well." I tried to suppress a groan when she mentioned Natalie. I wanted to get close to Addison and Natalie would get in the way of that. But I can't say no or she would know something was up.

"Sure. I can't wait to see you Ad." I said, a small smile forming on my face.

"You too Harry." She said and I could hear she sounded a little bit excited, or maybe it was just me.

"Bye Addison. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." She said before I heard the click noise indicating she hung up.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket before I heard someone walk into my room. I turned around to see Liam leaning against the doorway.

"Was that Addison?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah. She's coming over tomorrow with her friend Natalie."

Liam nodded with the same smile on his face before he started to turn around.

"You'll be fine Harold. Just don't be stupid." He yelled as he walked into the other room.

Well, that was encouraging. I just hoped Addison could finally forgive me. I know we started over, but it was going to take a lot for her to forgive me for what I did. And I'm not leaving here without her knowing how I've felt since I was 10 years old.

~*~*~*~*~*

I hope you like this chapter! Please keep reading & voting! If you liked this chapter, please vote for it xx.