Chapter 2

Harry's P.O.V~

It was a cloudy Sunday afternoon in London and I was in my flat picking out what to bring on my upcoming trip to Cheshire.

Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam all came over since they were tagging along on this trip as well. They were all in the living area playing some sort of video game, leaving me in my room to pack.

I just threw in random items of clothing as I went along, occasionally putting thought into what I would actually wear. Then I looked up on my dresser to see a single picture frame resting on top of it.

In that picture frame was a 15 year old me and a 15 year old girl. Addison Miller. My best friend. I always called her either Addie or Ad, both of which she hated with a passion. She had dark brown hair that went down to the middle of her torso. Now it was probably longer. But her eyes were the one thing I couldn't get enough of. They were a light brown color that would always stare deeply at you as you were talking, never breaking eye contact.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone walking into my room. I stopped staring at the picture and turned around to see Louis leaning on the doorway. His eyebrows were arched, he has probably been standing there for a while. Which meant he saw me staring at Addie for who knows how long.

"Are you alright Harry?" He asked me. I quickly ran my hands through my unruly hair before I coughed to try to avert from what just happened.

"Erm, yeah. I'm great." I said as I faked a smile. Louis' expression didn't change, probably because he knew I was lying through my teeth. His eyes traveled to my dresser and eventually to the picture frame. I followed his gaze and I heard him take a deep breath.

"Harry, are you sure about this mate?" Louis asked as I started packing my suitcase again.

"Yes Lou. For the millionth time, I am sure." I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice. That's all anyone was asking me today. Are you sure Harry? Do you want to do this Harry? I was just tired of it. I made my decision and that was that. I was doing this.

"Why do you want us to come with you? You're a big boy." Louis said before taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Just in case. I don't want to go in alone. Who knows how Ad will react."

That was the one thing on my mind lately: how Addison would react to me coming to see her. She's probably pissed. I abandoned her right when she needed me the most, but I had to. The X-Factor was my only shot at my dream and it paid off. Now the lads and I were the biggest boy band in the world with millions of fans. But no amount of fans can replace Ad.

"Haz, you've been gone for two years. You can't just pop out of no where and expect her to welcome you with open arms." Louis said.

I ignored his comment and kept packing. I threw in a couple t-shirts, jeans and some beanies before going into the bathroom to pack up my toiletries. I knew what I did was stupid, it was beyond stupid. But I was 16 and didn't know any better. I didn't know how successful we would get. I just thought I would be able to come home and live a normal life again, so much for that. Our lives were far from normal. We were swarmed by screaming fans everywhere we went. Girl would start crying and some would pass out just from seeing us. It was insane, definitely now how I thought my life would be like.

"I'm doing this Louis. No matter what any of you say, I'm doing it." I yelled so he could hear me from the bathroom. I peered out of the bathroom door and saw Louis shaking his head. I knew all of them thought this idea was crazy, hell I did too. But Addison was my best friend. Even though I treated her like crap, I needed to at least attempt to make this better.

"Alright Harry. Our car is supposed to pick us up at eight tomorrow morning, so make sure you're awake by then."

"Alright mum!" I yelled back at him as I tried to hold in a laugh. I heard Louis chuckle before exiting my room, finally leaving me in peace.

I walked back into my bedroom and put my toiletries in my suitcase before I zipped it up. Well that's everything, I thought to myself. This "trip" was a last minute thing. We finally had a couple weeks off so I decided it was the best time to go. I know Addison's going to be hurt. I didn't take any of her calls after I suddenly left, I just couldn't bear to hear the hurt in her voice. Days turned into weeks which turned into months and eventually she stopped calling. She stopped texting, she stopped emailing. She gave up on me. She had every right to.

Before I left, I realized how much Addison meant to me. She wasn't just my best friend, she was so much more than that. And when I arrived at the X-Factor, I understood that I liked Addie more than just a friend. That's one of the reasons why I never contacted her, I knew I would hurt her if I told her how I really felt. Besides, she probably didn't feel the same way about me anyway. I haven't told anyone the real reason why I left without telling her. I felt that it was something only I should know about. I mean it was my decision in the first place. I didn't need everyone knowing about my business.

"Harry! C'mon! We're going to grab a bite to eat!" I heard Liam yell from the other room.

"Coming!" I yelled back before I slid my iPhone in my pocket and threw on a beanie. I made my way to where the others were to find all of them in a circle, looking like they were in deep conversation.

"Uh, guys?" I asked. The sound of my voice caused all of them to turn my way and act like they weren't talking only a minute before.

"What were you talking about?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

They all exchanged looks before looking back at me.

"Look Harry, we're not so sure going to see Addison is a good idea." Zayn said cautiously. I looked at all their faces and saw that they looked genuinely concerned about me.

"I know you're worried, but it's either I do this now or never. And I can't just forget about her. Please, just back me up on this. That's all I'm asking."

Niall ran his fingers through his blonde hair before exchanging a look with Liam and looking back at me.

"Alright. But if things start to go south, we're out of there." Niall said. Before he could react, I went over and gave him a huge hug.

"Harry, Harry I can't breathe." He struggled to say. I finally let go of him with a smile on my face.

"Thank you." I told all of them. They all just nodded at me with forced smiles. I knew they hated this idea, but I needed them to be there.

We all walked out of the flat and headed to the car so we could grab something to eat. I couldn't help but think of Addison as we made our way to the car.

The only way I imagined Addison reacting was hitting me in some sort of way and slamming the door in my face. I just hope something inside her would give me another chance even though that's the last thing I deserve.

Author's Note: Thank you guys for the 200+ reads! Keep reading, commenting and voting! I will keep updating every Sunday & Wednesday as promised. I hope you enjoy!