Chapter 29

Harry's P.O.V ~

The lads and I left Addie and Natalie so we could meet some fans and take pictures with them. Who knows how long they've been waiting outside for this premiere, the least we could do is take pictures with them.

So we took about five minutes to meet some fans and take pictures with them before we would head into the theatre to join the girls. We tried to meet as many fans as possible within the small time we had, but there's never enough time. By the time the five minutes was up, we were being ushered into the theatre with everyone else.

"Where are we supposed to be sitting?" Liam asked as we started to enter the theatre.

"I dunno. Probably in the front somewhere. Just look for Natalie's red hair." Niall joked and elbowed Liam's side. I looked over at Liam and saw that his cheeks were bright red and instead of responding he kept quiet.

I rolled my eyes at him as we walked down the steps of the theatre and tried to find Ad and Natalie.

"Found them!" Louis shouted as he sprinted his way towards the girls. We all followed after him and figured out how we would all be seated. We had one row to ourselves since we had so many people. Niall took the end seat followed by Zayn, Perrie, Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne. Then Eleanor sat next to Leigh-Anne, and of course Louis sat next to her. Liam took a seat next to Louis and Natalie sat next to him, finally followed by Addison and me. I didn't mind the fact that I was at the end, I just wanted to sit next to Addison.

"Are you excited?" I asked her as I took her hand in mine and entwined our fingers.

"Of course I am." Addie smiled up at me before placing her other hand on top of our entwined hands. "I've always wondered what it's like for you to be on tour and stuff." She added.

A shot of pain went through me when she said that, obviously bringing up me leaving. I knew this film would bring back memories, especially when it talks about our lives before the X-Factor. I know Addison wishes she could have been there for me for the whole journey, not just the beginning and the end. And it's my fault that she didn't get to experience that with me, but I know she doesn't resent me for it anymore.

Well, at least I hope she doesn't.

I snapped back into reality and saw Addison talking to Natalie in a whisper as the others exchanged small talk before the lights in the theatre went dark, indicating the film was about to start. I let go of Addison's hand and placed it on her thigh and she responded by placing her hand on top of mine as the beginning credits started to roll.

I looked over at her to see her staring up at the screen, the light highlighting the small smile that was on her face as the film started with the pictures of us when we were young. She let out a giggle when my part came up and all of my embarrassing baby pictures flashed on the screen, probably replaying memories in her head of how we used to be. After a while, Addison looked up at me and caught me staring. Her cheeks turned pink and the corner of her lip turned into a small smile.

"I love you." She mouthed to me.

"I love you." I mouthed back before we both went back to watching the movie.

****************

"That was amazing!" Addie exclaimed as we walked out of the theatre hand in hand.

"I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Addie. I loved it." Natalie told us as she found Liam's hand and entwined their fingers together. Weirdos.

"Thanks girls! We worked really hard on it." Niall said and smiled wide.

"I liked the part where you were all out in the woods and while you four tried putting the tent together, Louis just sat and watched." Addie commented and let out a small laugh.

"Hey! I had to supervise!" Louis defended himself and pouted.

"Sure you were!" Addie told him and pat him on the back. Louis just shook his head before he softly nudged Addie's side.

"So where are we off to now?" Natalie asked as we headed to the limo.

"THE AFTER PARTY!" Louis and Niall screamed in unison and raised their fists in the air.

"Wow, you two don't seem excited at all." I commented only to get a death glare from Louis and a shrug from Niall.

I felt Addison tense up beside me at the mention of the party, and I grew curious as to why. I knew she never really partied when we were younger, but I didn't think she felt uncomfortable going to one.

"We could do something else if you'd want to." I said in a low voice so only she could hear me. She looked up at me with her soft brown eyes before smiling and placing her free hand on the front of my elbow.

"It's fine. I don't want to ruin your premiere."

"You wouldn't be ruining it, as long as I'm with you I don't care where I am." I said and realized how sappy that was after I thought it through.

"Harry, I'll be fine. Trust me." Addison reassured me and gently squeezed my hand.

"Alright." I mumbled, deciding to give up on the debate.

All of us managed to squeeze into the limo despite the fact that there were more of us this time because of Eleanor and the Little Mix girls. Even though it was compact, we managed to survive. As we got closer and closer to where the after party was being held, I could tell that Addison's discomfort was growing. I don't know why she's feeling this way or how I could help her, so I just held onto her hand until we arrived at the party.

We all crawled out of the window and kept our heads down as we entered the building. I made sure Addison didn't let go of me until we were safely inside with everyone else and I let out a sigh of relief. After all of us were inside, I looked around the place and had to admit I was pretty impressed. There were plenty of tables filled with different sorts of food and snacks, along with a bar up against the wall. There was a fair amount of people already there, so we weren't the first to arrive.

"Are you alright?" I asked Addison.

"Yeah, it's not as crazy as I thought it would be." She said and forced a small smile.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll be on the balcony." She told me before she let go of my hand and headed to her destination.

I shook my head in confusion as I walked over to the bar to grab us some drinks. As I waited for the bartender, I looked around for my friends. I saw Zayn and Perrie in a corner whispering things to each other and laughing while Niall found our drummer Josh and were raiding the food tables. I looked over to the where the couches were and saw Liam and Natalie snuggled up on one of them and Liam was playing with Natalie's fingers. My eyes wandered to the kitchen and found Eleanor and Louis who were laughing with these two girls I've never seen before.

"Here you go sir." The bartender told me as he handed me the drinks.

"Thanks." I mumbled and threw down a $2 tip before I went to find Addison on the balcony.

When I found her, she was leaning up against the railing and staring off into the distance. She had taken her heels off and placed them by her side and she was resting her head in her hands.

"Here love." I interrupted her moment and handed her the drink.

"What is it?" She asked, scrunching up her nose as she sniffed it.

"Not sure." I said before I took a sip of it myself. "Ah, vodka."

"Lovely." She muttered before plugging her nose and chugging the whole shot.

"Woah there, don't get all party animal on me now." I joked and leaned my elbows against the railing so I was facing the sliding door. Addison stayed quiet as she stared at her empty shot glass before she looked up at me.

"I love you." She said out of the blue with a straight face.

"I love you Ad." I said hesitantly. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah. It's just been a long day." She lied before placing the shot glass at her feet.

"Hey, remember that day you took me to the lake and laid out that really cheesy picnic?" She asked me. My mind flickered back to the memory and I smiled. That was the day I told her I was in love with her.

"Of course I do. What about it?"

"You told me about the moment you knew you loved me, like without a doubt. Why didn't you know before that?" She asked.

I never really wondered about that. I think I always knew I loved Addie, I was just too young and stupid to realize it until that moment when I couldn't picture my life without her. And then I left right after that realization, not the typical thing a person does when they realize they love someone.

"I'm not sure really.. We were both young and we were friends for so long.. I guess I didn't realize I saw you more than a friend until that day." I explained the best way that I could. Addie slowly nodded and stared down at her fingernails.

"You never told me when you knew." I told her, causing her to look back up at me. "When did you know?" I asked.

"Hm.. Well, I probably knew when you left." She said and let out an exhausted laugh.

"I remember after calling you for what seemed like the millionth time and getting your voicemail again, something inside me just.. broke. I didn't leave my room for days until my mum forced me, and every night I cried. Actually, I cried pretty much every day. And then eventually I stopped eating, because whenever I did I would just end up throwing it back up and crying more. I think I lost about 10 pounds in two weeks, and that was when my mum rushed me to the hospital after I passed out one morning. I thought about hurting myself, but I didn't have the guts to. I couldn't sleep because I had that stupid nightmare every time I tried to. I skipped classes and started drinking, which is why I wasn't that excited about coming here since I've been sober for about a year and a half now. But up until then, you were the only constant in my life. Well, Natalie too. Mum was always out of down and Dad died.. and when you left it was like a piece of me left to." She said and choked up at the last part. By now she was shaking and I could tell she wanted to cry but was holding it in because I was there. Every fiber in me wanted to be able to take her pain away, but I knew I couldn't. The damage was already done.

"How did that make you realize that you loved me?" I asked as I took her hand in mine.

"Because my mum reacted the same way when my dad died." She said simply with a forced smile.

I didn't say anything and I grabbed her waist and pulled her close to me. I felt her arms wrap around my neck as we stood there holding onto each other, neither of us wanting to let go. I never want her to go through that pain again, I would rather die than see her hurt. And knowing I was the cause of that pain killed me inside.

"I'm so sorry Ad." I whispered into her ear.

"It's okay, you're here now." She responded before slowly pulling away from me. I took her face in my hands and wiped away the remaining tears that were escaping her eyes before I leaned in and gently pressed my lips against hers. The kiss was gentle and sweet, it was all that we needed in that moment.

"C'mon, let's go have some fun." Addison said as we pulled away from each other and she took my wrist and lead me back inside.

-----------------------

AN: Another kind of slow/boring chapter.. I just want you all to see different aspects of Harry & Addison's relationship :) And give you more insight on Addison!

Next update will be on Sunday! I hope you all like this chapter :)

And this chapter is dedicated to @hanah42 since she's pretty much the ONLY person that ever comments on the chapters.

I would really appreciate it if you took time to comment your thoughts and what you did/didn't like or what you think's gonna happen with everyone in the story. I take time out if school and friends to write for you guys and I would appreciate some feedback in return :)

Please keep reading, voting, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE COMMENT!x