Chapter 14

Harry's P.O.V ~

"And I still am." I choked out. My palms were sweating and my voice was shaking, making it a hundred times harder to tell Addison than it already was.

I waited for her to say something, anything, but there was just silence. I finally got the courage to look at her and she was staring at the ground. I didn't know how she would react, but I guess silence is better than screaming at me.

"Addie.." I said slowly as I walked closer to her. Her reaction was to immediately step back, putting more distance between us.

"Please say something Ad." I pleaded with her. She started picking at her nails before she finally looked up at me. I couldn't tell if her expression was mad or sad, but it also looked disappointed.

"What's the point of telling me now? Almost three years later?" She said with hurt in her voice.

"I want you to know how I really feel. I want you Ad. I always have I was just.. I was just too stupid to realize it before."

Addison shook her head and an annoyed smile formed on her face. Then she looked over at me again, this time I knew she was angry.

"You can't just show up, right when I finally get over you and profess your love for me!" She yelled as she pointed her finger at me.

"Ad-" I was about to say something until she cut me off with putting her hand up.

"You know what Harry, I was in love with you too. I was in love with you since we were six years old! I spent years watching you go on dates with other girls and tell me how much you 'loved' them when the one person who could give you everything in the world was standing right in front of you like I am now. But you were too stupid and naive to see it. And now it's too late. You can't just pop up after two years of not being here!" She yelled. By now, tears were streaming down her face and they didn't stop.

I knew I hurt her, but not this much. I had no idea she loved me, and I screwed everything up.

"If you loved me so much, why did you leave?" She said in between sobs. This time I walked closer to her and she didn't step back, so I took her face in my hands and wiped the tears away as I tried to figure out how to answer her.

"I wanted to protect you." I said softly. "I didn't want you to be attacked everyday by insane fans that have no idea who you are. I thought you would be better off here, without me."

I kept staring into her eyes as her tears began to dry up. She was scared. I'm not sure of what or who, but the look in her eyes was so frightening it made me scared too.

"Well you were wrong." She whispered. "I was a mess without you." A small smile formed on her face when she stopped talking causing me to smile too.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise." I said and wiped the remaining tears off her cheeks. Addison wrapped her arms around my waist and kept looking up at me. I cocked my eyebrows in confusion before she started to talk.

"I lied. I lied when I said I was in love with you."

With that statement, I felt my heart sink. I quickly let go of Addison's face and tried to get out of her grip before she could see any tears but she held me tight.

"I still am Harry." She said, her smile the biggest I've seen it since I've been here.

"Wait, what?" I asked, still confused.

"I, Addison Miller, am still in love with you, Harry Styles." She said as clearly as possible.

And that was all I needed before I pulled her in closer and placed my lips on hers; the one feeling I've been waiting for since I got here.

It was a sweet kiss, not a sloppy, gross one filled with tongues and saliva. Just a simple kiss that we have both been waiting to receive for far too long.

We pulled away from each other with smiles on our faces. Addison rested her head against my chest before looking back up at me.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you." I told her before kissing her again and again.

----------

Addison's P.O.V ~

The car ride home was strangely quiet, considering what had happened only a few minutes before. I knew how I felt, I just didn't know what I wanted. Despite all the shit he's put me through, I love Harry. I want him. But the one thing I don't want is everyone knowing who I am. I don't want people following me around everywhere I go just because I'm dating a pop star. Hell, we aren't even dating and I'm thinking about this.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked me. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to meet his green eyes staring right back at me.

"Nothing." I insisted, forcing a smile upon my face.

"C'mon Ad. I know when you're thinking about something. Tell me." Harry pleaded with me.

I shook my head and let out a loud groan before I answered.

"You know who you are, right?" I asked him. Harry looked at me with a confused look, something that was beginning to become normal.

"Yes, I'm Harry." He said jokingly. I rolled my eyes at him and slightly nudged him with my elbow.

"Be serious Harry."

"Fine, yes I know who I am. I'm Harry Styles, the star from the biggest boy band in the world."

"And you know why that scares me."

Harry looked over at me with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"Yes." He said in a low voice. "It scares me too."

As I stared into his eyes, I saw them get hazy as if he was about to cry or wanted to. That confused me more than anything. Why was he getting so emotional over.. me?

"What do you want Addison? I've told you what I want, now tell me what you want." Harry said. His question caught me off guard since no one ever asks me what I want or need. But I honestly don't know what I want. Do I want Harry and to be with him, or do I want my every move to be criticized?

Harry's green eyes stared into mine as he waited for my answer, one that I wasn't ready to give.

"Tell me what you want Ad, and I'll give it to you. Just tell me." He pleaded with me.

I saw how honest his eyes looked as they stared at me. His bottom lip twitched before he started chewing on the inside of his cheek. I looked down at Harry's wrist to find our old friendship bracelet still on it, the same one I noticed when he first came back. And that's when I knew.

That's when I knew what I wanted.

-------------

AN: I'm sorry that I don't update as frequently anymore, but I hope you still like the story! Please keep voting & commenting!

And I'll probably be able to update more frequently since I'm on summer vacation :) ily guys!