Chapter 8

Addison's P.O.V~

After a very awkward car ride, Harry dropped me off at my house. He turned off the ignition and we both stayed in our place for a moment. Harry turned to look at me, his green eyes sparkling in the light.

"Do you want me to walk you to your door?" He asked carefully. He then proceeded to scratch the back of his head and do that stupid hair flip that used to bug me all the time when we were younger, but this time he ran his fingers through his hair so it was up in a sort of quiff style.

"Erm, sure." I mumbled back to him. We both got out of his car and started walking to my door.

We stayed a couple feet apart as we walking, being careful not to get too close. I still wasn't comfortable around him and I didn't know when I would start to. Just because we made a "truce," doesn't mean I forgive him for what he did. It took me two years to finally feel better, who knows how long it will take me to forgive him. I understood why he came and that he wants to try to make it up to me, but I felt like there was something he wasn't telling me. When I asked him about why he left, his reason was too.. simple. And whenever Harry lies, his upper lip twitches. Right after he explained, his lip twitched. I knew Harry inside and out, well I knew the Harry he was before he left. Not only did he look different, he seemed different as well. Or maybe it was just me. Maybe I didn't know him that well in the first place. I mean, I didn't think he was the type to just abandon someone and he did. Maybe we weren't as close as I thought we were.

"Well we're here." Harry said as we reached my door, quickly snapping out of my thoughts.

"Thanks." I said softly and pulled out my key from my school bag.

"Um sorry for coming to your school. It was just the only way I could get you to talk to me." He explained slowly. I met his gaze again and saw that his eyes were filled with hurt and guilt.

"It's fine. I'm kind of glad you did." I said with a small warm smile, hoping it would get that puppy dog look off of Harry's face.

"Maybe we can hang out again? The lads really want to meet you." He said sweetly.

I raised my eyebrow at his proposal as I wondered how long he planned on being here. I always wondered how the other lads were like, they seemed nice.

"Uh sure. Just let me know."

"Erm, can I have your number? I've gone through a few phones." He asked with a nervous, crooked smile.

"Oh, yeah. Give me your phone."

Harry pulled out his iPhone from his pocket and unlocked it for me before handing it to me. I opened his contacts and pressed the "+" button to add my number. I typed in "Addie Miller" followed by my phone number and saved it before giving it back to him.

"There ya go." I said with a small smile.

"Thanks." He mumbled and shoved his phone back in his pocket. We stood there for a moment in silence as we avoided eye contact.

"I should go." I said, interrupting the awkward silence. Harry ran his fingers through his hair and nodded. Then something strange happened.

He held his arms out.

I felt my eyes widen at his gesture as I just stared at his arms. I noticed a couple tattoos peeking out of his shirt sleeve but I couldn't make them out very well. The only two I could see were the ship and the little "A."

"Well, I'm not going to wait here forever." He said with that stupid grin. I finally looked up at his face and saw how genuine his smile was this time. It wasn't like the other times where he just smiled to piss me off, Harry really wanted to give me a hug. I stared at his arms then looked back at his face before I started to awkwardly lean in towards him. Before I could get there, Harry came closer and engulfed me in a bear hug. His arms wrapped around my waist as mine were pressed up against his chest since I wasn't prepared for him to move that quickly. I wiggled my arms free and quickly wrapped them around his neck. He smelled like peppermint causing me to not want to let go, but I knew I had to.

I initiated the pulling away and Harry's smile turned into a small frown. What did he expect me to do? Hug him for an hour?

"I guess I'll talk to you later then." I said as I finally opened my front door.

"Bye Ad." He grinned before turning around and walking back to his Range Rover. I cringed at that horrid nickname and watched for a moment as he got into the car and started driving away. He saw me staring and waved at me before speeding off.

I slammed the front door shut and rested my back against it. I knew this would be nothing but bad news. Anything that involved Harry was bad news. I threw my bag onto the closest couch and walked into the kitchen to find my mum sitting at the dinning table and reading a magazine. She raised her head and her gaze met mine. She immediately turned a darker shade of red before looking back at the magazine. She knew what she did.

"Hey Mum." I said as cheerfully as I possibly could and took a seat across from her.

"Hey Addie. How was school?"

"Oh, school was great. What happened after school is what was really interesting."

Mum didn't reply for a moment and kept staring at that stupid magazine. I reached across the table and snatched the magazine from her grasp before closing it and placing it next to me.

"What was that for?" She yelled. I honestly thought she didn't think she didn't do anything wrong. That just shows what kind of a relationship we have.

"Are you serious? You know what that was for! You went to lunch with Harry? You took my fucking car!" I yelled back. My mum's eyes widened at my tone and especially at the curse word. She hated when I cursed in front of her, she loathed it when I cursed at her.

"You better watch your tone Addison Miller." She said through her teeth as she pointed her finger at me.

"Really Mum? You obviously don't have a clue how stupid your actions were. You know how I feel about Harry but you just let that fly over your head and you pushed me into a corner Mum! Why can't you just accept that I don't want anything to do with him?" I yelled. I could feel the tears burning my eyes but I tried to hold them back. It was times like these where I wished my dad was still here. He knew me, Mum doesn't. She never has.

"Do you want to know why I can't accept it?" She asked. I didn't respond to her so she continued. "Because I see the way he looks at you Addison. I've seen it since you two were ten years old. You know why I noticed?" I still didn't say anything.

"Because it's the same look your dad had whenever he looked at me."

As soon as she mentioned my dad, I felt the blood boiling in my veins. I made it clear a long time ago that I didn't want to talk about him. I couldn't take it anymore. I got up from my seat and slid the magazine back to her. I hated when she talked about my dad. I hated it even more when she compared me to my dad. And she knew it.

"I'm going to stay at Natalie's tonight." I said before walking into the front area and grabbing my things. I ignored my mum calling my name as I opened the front door and slammed it behind me. I don't think I could have gotten to my car any faster as I climbed in and started heading to Natalie's.

I pulled my iPhone out of my bag as I turned the corner of my street to let Natalie know that I was coming over. I dialed her number as quickly as possible and tapped the speaker phone button.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding like she just woke up.

"Hey. Is it okay if I stay over tonight?" I asked and started chewing on my bottom lip. It was a bad habit, but I've been doing it since I was little.

"Uh sure, I'm sure my parents won't mind. What happened?"

"My mum happened. I'll fill you in when I get there. I'll be there in five."

"Alright. Be careful." Natalie said before hanging up.

As I drove to Natalie's, I couldn't help but think what life would be like if Harry didn't leave. I would probably have a better relationship with my mum. I'd probably be more open to letting people into my life instead of being so scared that if I do, they'll hurt me.

All because of one person, my life was turned upside down. The one person who kept me together, tore me apart. And now I have to make sure he doesn't do it again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. I would love to hear some feedback like what you guys think will happen in the story or how you liked this chapter. I might not be able to update as often as I have been because I've been really busy with work and school, but I'll try my best to update for you guys! Please keep voting, reading & commenting!