With the Power of Ponies, I Give You Aaron's One-Chapter Reformation (Kind Of)

After taking Aaron back and throwing him into one of the cells at the guard station, Aphmau slid to the ground, leaning against the walls of her house.

"I am exhausted..." Aphmau groaned, clutching her belly which had popped from snack happy to actually pregnant recently.

"Ugh... think we'll be this tired taking care of... Oh, wait. We haven't thought of any names yet." Zane said, putting his hand on Aphmau's stomach and lovingly caressing it.

"Actually... I'm planning on naming the girl Destini. You get to name the boy." Aphmau said.

Zane adopted a very blank look (let's help him out by commenting boy names!).

"Drawing a blank?" Aphmau giggled.

"Yeah..." Zane said, a glazed look in his eyes.

"Oh boy... what is it now?" Aphmau asked, a concerned look on her face, yet a mischievous glimmer in her eyes.

"How did Aaron find you? I know he's been spying on me for a while but-" Zane stared at the necklace Aphmau was wearing.

"Oh my Irene!" Zane said with a face palm. "I forgot all about that stupid necklace!"

"What's so special about this necklace?" Aphmau asked, confused.

"It's a modified communication amulet." Zane replied.

Aphmau looked at Zane with a scornful look in her eyes. Zane shrugged and reached over to remove it. The moment it was off, it stopped glowing.

Aphmau stared down at the thing. She wasn't sure how to feel about this.

She could forgive Zane.

"Aphmau-Senpai! Zane-Kun! Come quick!" Kawaii-Chan yowled.

Aphmau was about to run off, but Zane was already up. "Oh no. You will sit here." Zane said, pointing to the table.

Aphmau sulked while Zane ran out the door.

"Kawaii-Chan?" Zane asked.

"Zane-Kun! Thank Irene you're here! Nekoette-Tan has gone missing!" Kawaii-Chan gestured to Dmitri, who was lying on a makeshift bed, unconscious.

"Kawaii-Chan heard Nekoette-Tan's scream, but when Kawaii-Chan got there, all she found was Dmitri-Kun!" Kawaii-Chan said frantically.

Zane nodded. "I'll start a search. It'll help if you tell more people about this." He said.

Zane ran off into the woods where Kawaii-Chan had found Dmitri, looking for clues. At the edge of the clearing, Zane saw a small trail of tears and blood leading away. He followed the trail like a champ until he came across the next clearing.

Nekoette was lying there, mostly unharmed, just unconscious. After finding no wounds on the little Meif'wa, Zane's instincts told him he was not alone, and that someone else had been dragged here. He searched the clearing, and came upon two shadowed figures talking to one another.

Zane listened intently until he realized that Aaron was lying in between the two figures, bleeding and unconscious. Zane stumbled, and the figures fled. Zane ran over to Aaron.

Aaron woke up to see Zane staring down at him. "How did you get out?" Zane asked, his eyes laughing but his face serious.

"There was a hole in the wall. I heard screams and went to investigate. Then I found the Meif'wa in the clearing and... ugh..." Aaron groaned, his wound finally getting to him.

Zane looked down at Aaron and sighed. "Well, c'mon, we have to get you back to Phoenix Drop. Nekoette too."

Zane helped Aaron to stand, and together they carried Nekoette back.

"Nekoette!" Dmitri said, running over to hug his half-sister. Nekoette hugged back, and Kawaii-Chan also joined in on the hugging fest.

Zane laughed, delighted that Nekoette made it home safe and sound.

Aphmau came running up to Zane, and seeing that Nekoette was fine, turned to Zane, glowering at Aaron.

Aphmau begrudgingly fetched a medic to tend to Aaron's wound.

"If it wasn't for the blood trail that big dummy left..." Zane said, silenced by Aphmau's intense glare.

"I'm glad you saved him, I just... for all we know, he could've been the one to abduct Nekoette." Aphmau said, holding Zane tighter.

Zane told Aphmau what Aaron had told him and what he had seen. Aphmau slowly nodded.

"I guess maybe we could do a small trial run... see if he's really had a change of heart..." Aphmau said.

"Well, if it worked for me it should work for him. Just feed his good side!" Zane suggested, almost too enthusiastically.

Aphmau looked at Zane and laughed. "I guess foes can become friends after all!"

"I wonder..."

"What, Zane?"

"We know that Aaron was watching you through the amulet... perhaps you were feeding his good side every time he watched you." Zane said.

"Or maybe his lord instincts took over when he heard Nekoette's screams." Aphmau also made a very valid point. "Also, do you have any names for Destini's brother?"

"Nope." Zane's blank look reappeared again.

Aphmau laughed and hugged Zane.
+=<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>=+
Keep commenting boy names!

Hope y'all enjoyed!