The Expanded Oneshot this Story Came From

Hello! This book has undergone massive revisions, including, but not limited to: correcting spelling/grammar mistakes, rewriting awkward scenes, omitting song lyrics, and putting more focus on characters other than Zane and Aphmau. I mean, sure, I could update Bloody Dawn, but why do that when I can focus on works I've already completed? Either way, whether you're a new reader or not, I sincerely hope you enjoy this Zanemau tale!

Footsteps could be heard coming down the steps to the prison. Aphmau lifted her head to see some of the wolves staring at her. One of them came forwards and unlocked her cell.
Fear overwhelmed Aphmau as the huge werewolf approached her. "You. Come." He said. Aphmau weakly nodded and stood up, fearfully exiting her cell.

The last thing Aphmau heard before everything went black was the click of the lock.

+=+=+=+=+

Garroth watched in horror as the wolves knocked Aphmau unconscious and tied her hands and feet.

Speechless, Garroth watched as one of the wolves tossed Aphmau over his shoulder and took her out of the prison.

+=+=+=+=+

The wolves carried the unconscious Aphmau to the caravan. A dark figure stood by, watching their every move.

They carefully handed Aphmau to the figure who nodded once before putting her in the caravan, before he himself jumped in, just as the horses pulling the thing began to move.

+=+=+=+=+

Aphmau drifted back into consciousness and looked around.

She was lying on a large black bed, draped with violet curtains. The walls of the room were an almost depressing black, and the floor was a gray carpet. Thick black curtains covered the window, and the only light came from a small chandelier made with iron bars and purple candles. To the right of the bed was a black nightstand with a small stack of books on it. Upon closer inspection, Aphmau realized each book a had a bookmark--or several--as if someone had been reading them. To the other side of the room, a closet full of dresses and a desk covered with papers sat.

Aphmau looked down and realized she was in a black and white dress with the O'Khasis cross on the front.

"No..." she gasped, clutching a strange necklace she was wearing.

Click.

Aphmau instinctively tensed upon hearing the lock click. The door was opened, and in stepped Zane. (Cue suspensefully dramatic music)

Boy, did he know how to make an entrance. His black cape swept behind him, his boots thumping on the carpet. Even though he normally wore white, he'd chosen to wear black, just for this occasion. He had an intense aura that seemed to fill the room, looming over everything.

Aphmau squeaked.

Zane smirked and walked right up to her, as she sat on the edge of the bed. "You're awake. Good." He said, while at the same time, reaching his hand around her back, lifting her from the bed and pulling her close in one fluid motion.

His other hand curled around the back of Aphmau's neck, forcing Aphmau's head to be right next to his. "Wouldn't want you any other way." He deviously whispered into her ear.

Zane could sense Aphmau's fear he could sense her unease, and yet, something about her...

Something about her...

Zane shook the thought from his mind. He would not let this woman seduce him. He was far too clever for that.

Aphmau, held tight by Zane, trembled slightly. She squeaked again in fear. Zane released her from his grasp, and Aphmau, completely shell-shocked, slowly fell to a sitting position on the edge of the bed, her pupils dilated in fear. Zane smirked again and went to the door. Before opening it, he looked back and locked eyes with Aphmau, who shivered under his gaze.

Click.

+=+=+=+=+

Aphmau was still processing what just happened when in came a pale-skinned, dark-haired woman wearing an olive green dress with white lace.

Aphmau stared at the woman, bit her lip to hold back tears, and asked, "Who are y-you?"

The woman seemed taken aback at first, then smiled. It was not a cruel smile, like Zane's, but a warm smile which comforted Aphmau. "You must be Aphmau. I'm--"

Whatever the lady in the green dress was going to say was lost to posterity as the door opened. In came a maid, who said, "Lady Ro'Meave, I think this girl has had enough of a fright for one day. You should go." The maid seemed so insistent that the woman sighed and left. The maid followed after, locking the door behind her.

Click.

All alone, with nobody around to see, Aphmau cried, letting the tears flow.

And though she might never admit it, it comforted Aphmau to cry.

+=+=+=+=+

Aphmau wasn't the only one who wanted to cry. Even though they managed to escape from the wolves, Garroth hurt not knowing where Aphmau was, or if she was even alive.

That's when Malachi decided it was a good idea to let Garroth know about the conversations he overheard from the wolves, about the "Alpha Human," the "Female Human" and whatnot.

Now Garroth really felt like crying.

Oh yeah, crying would feel so great.

«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»«<>»
I feel like a disclaimer would be unnecessary, so I opted to put a drawing here instead. It's just the most recent image in my tablet because I didn't feel like drawing a new one. Now there's a drawing on every chapter.

-Zaz