A Random Character Who'll be Important Later On

"Oh! You're Zane's wife!" The girl said, beaming. "Is Zane... anywhere nearby?"

Aphmau looked at her. The blonde woman standing before Aphmau had short, pale blonde hair that curved around her face, stopping just before the fluffy off-white fur at the edge of her hood. That hood, Aphmau noted, lead into a dark coffee-colored cloak lined with creme colored fur that came to a stop just past Oliva's waist. Dark green leggings led into fur-lined boots, right next to which was a silver bow and a full quiver. The girl removed her hood and said, "I always forget to introduce myself. I'm Oliva. You're Aphmau, right? Zane's wife?"

Aphmau nodded, staring at Oliva.

"Hah, I was right!" Oliva said with a fist pump. "Thank you."

Aphmau looked at Oliva, slightly confused. "For what?"

"For being his spouse. Ya'know, taking care of him?" Oliva said with a wink.

"Okay..." Aphmau said. "Maybe we can discuss matters in a more comfortable spot? Like my house."

"Yes! I'd love to see where Zane is living! Have to make sure he's okay!" Oliva said, jogging off to Aphmau's house.

Once at home, Aphmau and Oliva sat down at the table. They sat in silence for a moment before Aphmau broke the silence.

"So why are you so interested in Zane, Oliva?"

"Because I owe him. He saved my life when I was really little, gave me a home in the castle, and treated me with kindness. He became like a brother to me." Oliva chirped, her hair bouncing a little.

Aphmau stared at Oliva.

Oliva, understanding Aphmau's expression, continued.

"Well, I was only four years old then..." Oliva started.

"I lived in the village of Riverflame. I-"

"Riverflame?" Aphmau asked dubiously.

"It was something like that. But it's gone now." Oliva said before continuing.

"As I was saying, I lived in the village of Riverflame. I was only four years old, but I was already capable of shooting a bow—and missing, of course. I remember how excited I was that day—it was the day of a special festival known as Peace Day...

"I was excited. Everyone in Riverflame came down to the plaza and danced and stuff, and they all left their weapons and tools and armor at home 'cause it's tradition.

"That's when the buttheads attacked. They—"

"Buttheads?" Aphmau asked, giggling.

"Well, I don't remember what army they were from. Plus they attacked us on Peace Day, which was stupid and dishonorable, if you ask me. So they're buttheads." Oliva said. "Now, on with the story..."

"The buttheads attacked, burning the village and slaughtering the villagers. They killed my parents right in front of me. Then, before they could kill me, I ran into the flames. I grabbed my bow and quiver from my bedroom. But I couldn't escape the inferno.

"The fire left me with severe burns on my back. I would've died...

"Had it not been for Zane. He ran into the flames and grabbed me, wrapping me in his cloak, which turned out to be fireproof.

"He carried me out of the inferno and to a safe place. He gave me some water to drink before going back in to look for others.

"After it was over, Zane came back. He told me I was the only survivor... and that he was sorry.

"I had nowhere to go, nothing to do. So he invited me to live in O'Khasis with him. I did."

"That whole thing... it happened twenty-five years ago." Oliva said before pushing on once again. "Zane helped sneak me into the castle. He was kind, and caring. After two years of living with Zane in the castle, he offered to help train me with my bow. I accepted."

"Wow." Aphmau said. "Are you really telling the truth?"

"Yes. Now are you done interrupting my epic saga?" Oliva demanded. "No? Good. So, as I was saying—before I was rudely interrupted—I accepted Zane's offer. I trained under him for four years, then I became his most trusted operative."

"At ten years old?!" Aphmau asked.

Looking sheepish, Oliva admitted, "Well, maybe I did exaggerate a little..."

"I thought I was ready, Zane wasn't sure. He had me train out on the field for a whole year." Oliva explained. "Then, until he married you, I was his right—hand enforcer. The reason you never met me is 'cause I was on an important mission."

"Oh. Wait, so that would make you—" Aphmau said as Oliva cut her off.

"I'm twenty-nine." Oliva said. "After you and Zane got married, I switched from being his operative to being his secret guardian angel. Then I lost track of him when you disappeared in that flash of light fifteen years ago. But now I've finally tracked you down! And I promise to be your sworn protector from now on!" Oliva jumped up when she said that.

Aphmau stood up and, looking at Oliva, said, "Thanks, it'll help a lot! Does Zane know you're here?"

Oliva blushed. "No. He never knew that I acted as his guardian angel either. You see," Oliva said, smiling sweetly, "I'm kinda jealous of you 'cause I used to fantasize being married to Zane... I still have a crush on him, but I'm mature enough to let it be." Oliva laughed.

"Oh..." Aphmau said. She trusted Oliva, and wasn't afraid to do so.

"Zane's coming! I'll have to be going!" Oliva said before running outside, into the trees. Aphmau watched through the window as Oliva pulled her hood up and hid in the foliage until not even Aphmau could see her. Just then, Zane walked in.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." Aphmau said.
+=<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>=+
Continue voting for the name you think is best!

I sincerely hope that you like and appreciate this "Oliva" character.

I hope y'all enjoyed!

Baiii!